OPI Catherine the Grape

Filtered by skin type : Combination
OPI Catherine the Grape
OPI Catherine the GrapeOPI Catherine the grapeCatherine the GrapeCatherine the GrapeCatherine the Grape

4.4

Catherine The Grape is so awesome that she is in my list for my favorite top 10 lacquers of all time!
She was from the 2007 Russian Collection and has sadly been discontinued for awhile now.
Though, I just checked(cuz I am buying a back-up) and she can still be readily found on Ebay and most are still priced right around retail of $8.00 or so.Yay!
I bought mine there, around 2 years ago, and it instantly became of my true loves!

My bottle of Catherine has the PERFECT FORMULA.
The brush is not like some of OPI's older bushy Pro Wide brushes. Its actually great...just like the nowadays brushes.

She is not streaky....the first coat is solid and therefore is nicely pigmented.
The formula literally spreads on like smooth warmed butter!
If your a pro, 1 good medium coat... on top of a basecoat, could be enough.
It just takes 2 quick and easy peasy coats for a flawless mani! Yay!...Cuz with 2 boys, hubby, 2 lap dogs and a 3 story house, that's what I expect out of a lacquer and is all I have time for. ;)

The color is not really a real bluish "grape" purple, as in the name.
It actually looks like 2 colors in 1.....(though not as fascinating as say a real duo chrome like Nubars Peacock Feathers or OPI's Glacier Bay Blues...it just has that same characteristic)
On my fair Irish/German skin it looks like a......
"Burgandy with Grape" and a satin finish(the shimmers actually blend into it and almost becomes a creme)
Then it can also look more like a "Muted Smokey Grape" in certain lightings and from different angles.

When comparing it to my other love(which also has the perfect 1-2 coat formula)OPI's "Diva Of Geneva".....Catherine really does look like a truer purple and becomes a lot more grape like.

So, if you are an OPI or a big purple lacquer fan/lover, like me.....then hurry and go grab you one right now! You won't regret it!

Th

on 9/14/2010 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I adore this nail polish. The color is so beautiful! It changes from dusty grape to reddish plum on me, depending on light. Microshimmer gives it depth and elegance. Pictures don't show it's beauty.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

OPIs Catherine the Grape is the same color as a plum or a dark colored grape. It has a plum tone to it with hints of shimmery pink in it. It's a very beautiful color. It reminds me of MACs e/s color in twinks. It's a color that definitely looks better on than it does in the bottle.

on 4/10/2009 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a gorgeous plum purple, but really only in the sunlight. Indoor lighting just doesn't do this color justice. I love it, but for more of a winter color. It works with my skin tone, which is pale with pink undertones and like most OPI polishes it applies great and doesn't really chip. If your looking for a medium to dark purple, I would highly recommend this color!

(click continued for a pic) I really wanted to like this particular shade from the Russian Collection, but it just didn't impress me much. It is a very pretty rich plum shade with a deep brown/bronzish shimmer. It works well with my fair skintone, but it just doesn't have that 'wow' factor I look for in a nail color. And when I am shelling out $8 for a bottle of OPI nail laquer, I should be ecstatic..lol...but, I'll keep it and try to work it into one of many nail moods...

continued >>

I didn't have a problem with staying power, application, etc. but my problem with this polish is the color. I just don't love it. It wasn't very flattering on me, I was expecting something a bit darker based on what it looked like in the bottle.

I really like this shade. It is part of the Russian Collection and it's a shimmery medium purple color. Doesn't chip, and applies easily!

on 11/14/2007 5:19:00 PM

I have been searching high and low for a medium purple color that is less red-toned than plum but not too cool-toned for my skin color (warm-toned NC30 with very golden undertones). I'm surprised that other people with warm skin tones find that this color doesn't agree with them. It's absolutely beautiful-- just what I was looking for. The quality is great and it's not too glittery, it just has a beautiful sheen.

on 10/24/2007 1:54:00 PM

love this color. It's a plum/grape, I guess. Not exactly what I think of as plain grape. It goes on a bit darker than the bottle because the bottle picks up a lot more shimmer. The shimmer is a mixture of rose and maybe the same grape color of the polish, giving it a really lovely depth. I think the color is neutral and would look nice on a pale person (like me) or someone with darker skin.

on 9/30/2007 8:44:00 PM

My must have color for this fall, perfect for my fingertips...the super dark vampy colors usually look too goth on my fingers, so Catherine the Grape has a beautiful rich hue without being too vampy for the office.

Fabulous color, definitely looks better on the nail than in the bottle. Shimmer is perfect! Somehow, this color matches everything i wear in the fall. What more can a girl ask for in a nail polish?

Popular Polishes