OPI Catherine the Grape

Filtered by skin type : Dry
OPI Catherine the Grape
OPI Catherine the GrapeOPI Catherine the grapeCatherine the GrapeCatherine the GrapeCatherine the Grape

on 11/10/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Such a pretty color! I have warm-toned skin and purple isn't typically a color that works well for me. Catherine the Grape is a darker purple with slight warm shimmer. This color is from OPI's 2007 fall/winter Russian collection. OPI describes this as "a royally grand shade of wine". I found it easier to apply than other OPI polishes, for some reason.

on 10/25/2007 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

*Le sigh* As much as I was excited about this color, it was just a letdown. Wear and application are great, per usual for OPI. I find that using a thin layer of top coat on top of base coat (before applying color) makes the polish go on a lot smoother and you have a lot more control w/ the pro-wide brush. The color is definitely grape, like a Concord grape, w/ v. slight bronzy-pink shimmer. I think this color would probably look marvelous on cool-complected ladies but on me (v. olive C40 complexion) it just looked like Dimetapp. I wouldn't have a problem w/ it being so cool-toned if it was a bit deeper in color but it's not even deep enough to fall under 'vampy'. It's just kind of an average midtone grape color. Can't say I would recommend this one for ppl w/ olive skin.

Popular Polishes