OPI Catherine the Grape

Filtered by age: 36-43
OPI Catherine the Grape
OPI Catherine the GrapeOPI Catherine the grapeCatherine the GrapeCatherine the GrapeCatherine the Grape

4.4

Great colour. Suits my pale skin. Two coats to reach colour as appears in bottle. Good staying power. Currently my favourite purple.

Catherine The Grape is so awesome that she is in my list for my favorite top 10 lacquers of all time!
She was from the 2007 Russian Collection and has sadly been discontinued for awhile now.
Though, I just checked(cuz I am buying a back-up) and she can still be readily found on Ebay and most are still priced right around retail of $8.00 or so.Yay!
I bought mine there, around 2 years ago, and it instantly became of my true loves!

My bottle of Catherine has the PERFECT FORMULA.
The brush is not like some of OPI's older bushy Pro Wide brushes. Its actually great...just like the nowadays brushes.

She is not streaky....the first coat is solid and therefore is nicely pigmented.
The formula literally spreads on like smooth warmed butter!
If your a pro, 1 good medium coat... on top of a basecoat, could be enough.
It just takes 2 quick and easy peasy coats for a flawless mani! Yay!...Cuz with 2 boys, hubby, 2 lap dogs and a 3 story house, that's what I expect out of a lacquer and is all I have time for. ;)

The color is not really a real bluish "grape" purple, as in the name.
It actually looks like 2 colors in 1.....(though not as fascinating as say a real duo chrome like Nubars Peacock Feathers or OPI's Glacier Bay Blues...it just has that same characteristic)
On my fair Irish/German skin it looks like a......
"Burgandy with Grape" and a satin finish(the shimmers actually blend into it and almost becomes a creme)
Then it can also look more like a "Muted Smokey Grape" in certain lightings and from different angles.

When comparing it to my other love(which also has the perfect 1-2 coat formula)OPI's "Diva Of Geneva".....Catherine really does look like a truer purple and becomes a lot more grape like.

So, if you are an OPI or a big purple lacquer fan/lover, like me.....then hurry and go grab you one right now! You won't regret it!

Th

on 1/19/2008 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This color did not excite me as much as OPI colors usually do. It seems like a mediocre plum color. Although the shimmer is pretty, it is only visible close up - from a distance it looked rather flat to me. I agree with other reviewers that even with the gold shimmer, it did not seem to agree with my warmer skin tone. I'm glad that I only tried it as a manicure and did not buy a bottle. On a positive note, the polish is of excellent quality and lasted several days before chipping.

I fell in love with this colour as soon as I saw it & treated myself to it for Christmas. It certainly didn't disappoint on & received a great many compliments over the Christmas period. Like with other OPI polishes I own, it didn't disappoint in terms of durability & application. I'd definitely buy it again if I ever ran out - which is very unlikely given the generous bottle size and how well these products last if you look after them.

on 10/4/2007 10:13:00 PM

Normally, I wouldn't buy a color like this but this is soooo beautiful. In fact, the entire Russian collection is magnificent. Highly recommended.

Popular Polishes