Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.7

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

I live in Canada right now, but the majority of my family lives in Mexico. Whenever I go to visit I am always made fun of for being a whole lot whiter than everyone else.

So to avoid being called Caspar the Friendly Ghost, Snow White, Pasty Face, etc. I started to tan during the summers. I would lie out for 30-60 minutes a day covered in coconut oil. It got me results very quickly and my tan would last all year round (finally I looked like a real Latina!) but the smell was awful and made me sick to my stomach.

I've tried a lot of other tanning oils to replace coconut oil - the smell was too much for me. Banana Boat, Nivea, Caribbean Breeze, you name it. Nothing worked as well as coconut oil and I was considering going back to it despite my problem with the smell. That's when I came across this product!

For once there was a product that really worked as good (if not, then better) than coconut oil and has a PLEASANT smell!! I get a deep tan quickly and reach my plateau after only about three weeks. The tan stays year-round and my family doesn't make fun of me for being so white anymore. In fact, I'm the same shade as most of them now!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I will buy this product over and over and over again based soley on it's beautiful, tropical, coconut scent. I would never use this to tan. As a body moisturizer, it works fairly well on my sensitive, KP-prone skin. The ingredient list is surprisingly short. This can also be mixed with brown sugar and olive oil to create a delicious, coconut-scented body scrub. Mostly, I use this to smell good, as well as to relax, since this is one of my favorite scents in the world.

on 4/12/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this for tanning, just as a body moisturizer. Works great to seal in moisture after a shower and gives a nice sheen, especially on the legs. I love the scent (slight coconut/tropical) - and I usually don't even like coconut smells as I find them too strong or fake. Just bought another bottle!

on 8/7/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used this when i went too the pool and got a slight tan but You have to know,
i was only out for 30 minutes.
i wore it in the pool and didn't wait for it to dry.
it was very cloudy outside and then rained.
my skin was not exfoliated.

And i still got a slight tan even in those conditions!

This tanning oil is pretty good, but i haven't fully experienced it. I will back for another review soon! (:

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love everything about this product. The scent is to die for, it makes you tan beautifully, it's affordable and the packaging is great.
Super moisturizing as well, my skin feels so much softer after using this.
I'm pale but I've only ever burnt once, so I applied this and I layed out in the sun (only early 20 degrees Celcius) for about 20 minutes on each side and I already have a semi-base tan. I'm guessing if I do this for another few days I'll have the tan I want :) Definitely recommended.

on 12/11/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just pulled this off the shelf this December morning, turning to oiling instead of the same-old post-shower lotion routine---And I love! The classic HT scent swept me back to warmer, sunnier weather, and the benefits of sheer soft moisturization is long-lasting; still, 4 hours later my skin is very soft and smooth. I read somewhere a beauty editor uses HT oil as her sole moisturizer, sun or not, and I am convinced: move over cremes and lotions, this oil is where it's at.

on 7/3/2010 2:40:00 PM

LOL! I'm VERY pale but I tan amazingly well. I bought this at CVS when most of the lower back portion was covered with a security sticker. I come home, peel off the sticker and it reads: "No Sunscreens. To be used by those with a good tan." Damn it!

Anyway, I went to the beach a few times to work on a tan before I slather myself in this oil. Then I applied this after I had a reasonable tan. It's like any other oil.

Makes you shiny (shine reflects light making you tan faster).
It smells very good.
It does its job.

Negative: As mentioned above, don't use it if you're very pasty and burn quickly.

on 5/28/2009 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

hawaiian tropic tanning oil is every dark girl's summer staple <3

whenever I go to buy this, it means summer is here and my tanning days are begining =]

I am a latina with olive/tan skin naturally. in the summer of course I get even darker. but this magic bottle helps a lot!

this oil feels so moisturizing, smooth, and gives you a sexy brazilian body in the sun..my boyfriend lovesss when I wear this ;o]

the scent is my favorite part, it reminds me of a mix between a bahama vacation, laying in the sand with a tropical drink and a sexy bikini. and being in the indoor tanning salon using tropical lotions...[I love both]

this oil sets into my skin after a while giving me a sexy sheen. my legs look amazing, and it adds a small tint of brown/tan. and I love the lingering scent it leaves behind, it lasts until you shower, to me its not overpowering at all. I would wear it as perfume if I could =]

overall, this is my favorite summer cosmetic, I use it a couple times a week if not everyday, I highly suggest it to girls of color..[with a tan or darker] im not sure if it would be good far pale girls they might burn. I woulsd give it a try, the price is incredibly cheap and lasts all summer <3

xox

on 4/24/2008 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LADIES LISTEN UP: IF YOU WANT A DARK TAN TRY THIS PRODUCT! This stuff is seriously awesome! I use it everytime I tan. The best thing is you do not have to lay out long in the sun to get a great tan with this stuff. Just remember this doesn't have sunscreen and you will burn if you are not tan. I'll think I'll go lay out tomorrow with this oil =)

I have gone through bottles and bottles of this, as a skin softener as well as a tanning aid. It does seem to deepen and accelerate my tan somewhat. This is one of my favorite body oils hands down. I will always have a bottle of this in my posession.

Popular Body Skincare Products