Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.6

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

on 6/12/2015 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This smells beyond amazing! I've always loved the classic coconut Hawaiian Tropic fragrance and this smells pretty strong (the more scent the better, at this for this scent!)

I don't really sunbathe, so I can't comment on that use. But because of the high mineral oil content this is a great occlusive to lock in moisture. I use the Hawaiian Tropic mango and cocoa butter after sun lotion when I get out of the shower, then put a thin layer of this on top to lock in moisture. It makes me skin incredibly soft and a thin layer gives a night healthy sheen/glow without making me look covered in oil.

The scent stays on your skin but it's not overpowering, just very pleasant!!

You should NEVER put this on over a sunburn though! The mineral oil is designed to sit on top of your skin, and that locks in heat which means it takes longer to recover! If you're burned, wait until the redness is gone and then start using this again.

on 1/21/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best tanning oil to take to the pool or beach. And it smells wonderful!

Little thick but very nice smell and helps create nice dark tan while protecting skins and not letting it dry out under the sun

on 10/14/2012 9:33:00 PM

I haven't used this for tanning, just as a moisturizer. It smells wonderful and does make my skin very soft. :)

on 8/18/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a horrible product for tanning! It's almost all mineral oil! Mineral oil combined with tanning can actually STRIP the colour off your skin! When I tan, I usually get a deep pretty golden colour really fast. I used this last summer, and at the end of summer I was still SO PALE! Also: it was the first time in my life that I actually got a sunburn!!! I couldn't understand what was going on, and decided to investigate. This is what I found:
No wonder I got almost no colour! It's quite easy to find information about this; just search "mineral oil tanning". Seriously people - don't give me a thumbs down without researching this...! Are you really not concerned about this? When something makes you burn in the sun, it makes the risk of cancer much higher!
The smell of this is coconut. It's quite strong, but not bad really. If you want to use this as a moisturizer, it's maybe OK, if you don't think the oiliness of this is a problem. In my opinion, to get more tan, it's better to find a lotion that absorbs and makes your skin produce more melanin, instead of something that sits on top and reflects the sunlight.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I live in Hawaii, so tanning oil is a must for the beach. I tan easily when I'm out in the sun but this oil makes my skin turn golden. Smells like coconut, which I absolutely love. There is no SPF. I keep this bottle in a plastic bag before putting it in my beach bag just invade of leakage. Def would repurchase!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. Why? It smells like coconuts and vanilla bean, it mosturizes really well, it gives your skin that shiny sheen (which I adore) and it makes you tan. I wear this at the beach and it really does an amazing job tanning my skin - and fast. I don't get the leather looking result on my skin either. Its very soft and supple. I use to have a very hard time tannign my legs but when I apply this and go to the beach, it just instantly tans. Its a miracle worker. It has no SPF at all, so if you burn easily, please use it cautiously. It is very oily when you apply it on your skin, but after you rub it in, your skin looks and feels sooooo good. The only negative is that sometimes in leather car seats, it may leave a greasy residue but I think its worth it. I would recommend this to all who <3 to tan!!!

UPDATE: 5/17/12
I still use this to tan and I still luv it sooo much! Seriously, I slather this on my legs and in one hour, I am tan to the shade I want to be. For those saying its oily, well, its tanning OIL...geez. Yea, it can get messy, but what do you expect!!! Its OIL!!! For the first 10 minutes, your leg will attract any type of dust or hair, but after that, its all goooood. But I love the oily look on my legs...the sheen and the shine really makes my legs sexy and I am sure it will do the same for you.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING PRODUCT. <3
- Smells like cocunuts & vanilla.
- Packaging is easy to use with a little squeezy-like top.
- I bought it at Wal-Mart for around $9 and its great!
It does everything it says it does, and gives you a great dark tan. If you use it basically every time you tan, it's amazing.
FOR WARNING: If your pale, don't use this right away. Get a base tan, then use it. Unless you want 2nd degree burns (yes, I got burnt bad the first time using this because i didnt know, and Yes thats how good this stuff works)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! First and foremost, the product itself works amazing. It does what it says, "dark tanning oil". Giving me the perfect tan. The smell is one of my signature scents.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I usually by this in the spray. It produces excellent color- a more natural color. I ended up getting BETTER color with this in the sun than going to the tanning bed using expensive lotion. It is always in my beach bag. I stock up in spring and it lasts all summer. Will repurchase again next year!!!

Popular Body Skincare Products