Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Filtered by hair type : Other
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.9

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

on 8/7/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used this when i went too the pool and got a slight tan but You have to know,
i was only out for 30 minutes.
i wore it in the pool and didn't wait for it to dry.
it was very cloudy outside and then rained.
my skin was not exfoliated.

And i still got a slight tan even in those conditions!

This tanning oil is pretty good, but i haven't fully experienced it. I will back for another review soon! (:

on 8/5/2009 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this primarily as a body moisturizer because I normally use self-tanner if I want tanned skin. All I can say is HG!! I have snake skinned legs that are ultra dry and scaly. I've tried every cream imaginable but nothing works better than this. I have this in the spray version and it was super cheap ($10 CAD for a big bottle).

It is so convenient. I just spritz a few times on my legs and spread it with my hands, and my legs soak up the oil really quickly and become hydrated and dewy. The dark color in the oil makes my skin tone look even and gives me a healthy complexion, and it smells absolutely amazing. The coconut scent is my favorite part of this. I carry a bottle of this everywhere with me when I travel.

As for its effect as a tanning oil, it works great. I tried this while sunbathing on my patio and after an hour, my arms and legs were noticeable darker and my skin was still moist. It is a must-have.

on 7/6/2009 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

First of all, I should say that I am NOT a frequent tanner. I live in San Diego but go to school in Oregon so when I come home I have absolutely no color. I used this today when I laid out at about 11:30 (when the sun is pretty much getting at it's most intense). After about 45 minutes, I was noticeably darker and not at all sunburnt! For $7.99 the product leaves a completely even tan. It is an oil so it feels kind of strange to slather it all over your body and even worse when you're sweating in the sun, but it has a decent smell and is very moisturizing (I know, it's an oil, go figure). Always wipe off the bottle after you use it though, because it can get kind of gross if you don't. You should also be careful how long and how often you lay out when you use this because THERE IS NO SPF IN THIS PRODUCT. But, for someone who HATES tanning, with this product I only have to lay out 2-4 times this summer to get a really amazing tan. It's definitely a summer staple for me!

I used to use banana boat tanning oil but this stuff makes gives me a darker brown color faster. I use morrocan mineral self tanner and tan in the sun so my tan is not entirely real. The self tanner smells kinda bad the next day but when i tan with this it gets rid of the smell and leaves me with the beachy coconut smell the whole day. Also, it is very moisturizing. Great product!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

You know it's funny (in a tragic sort of way). I have spent so much money on perfumes that have tried to capture this scent, that I could have opened up a store. There are new ones coming out all the time and they all try to capture that beachy, Hawaiian Tropic type scent but as always, fall very short. Every time I buy a new beachy body butter or fragrance, I am left incredibly disappointed. It always smells off or there is some note that ruins it. The last disaster is when I finally got a hold of Estee Lauder's Azuree Soleil perfume oil. I couldn't wait to swap it away! It was ghastly!.

Fast forward to my husband asking me why I don't just but buy Hawaiian Tropic and wear it like a perfume. You know every now and than, a guy can surprise you and come up with something really smart... (lol). I felt like an idiot for not thinking of it. Here's something that is packed with truly wonderful ingredients that are actually good for your skin. It leaves your skin feeling incredibly moisturized and the scent is heavenly! No more searching around for beachy perfumes anymore. I'm done. Love this stuff! Totally takes me back to my childhood (I stopped tanning when I learned all I needed to know about skin cancer). Love putting this on my pulse points and sniffing my wrists. It's like having summer in a bottle!

on 4/21/2008 9:00:00 AM

Since I am not one who sunbathes, I use this for the dry, winter snake skin on my legs, feet and arms after bathing, making sure to exfoliate well first. What I like about this product, besides the yummy scent, the fact that it soaks in relatively quickly and that the ingredients listing contains nothing I can't pronounce. A nice combo of various oils combined with mineral oil at a good price. Since it is a rather thick oil, I warm this in my hands to facilitate spreadability. Good bottle design with small hole at the top does not dispense too much product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am in love with this product! I can't say enough about the wonderful ingredients (take a look for yourself!) that are packed into this dyn-o-mite product! Although I am NOT a sunworshipper (I prefer not to kill myself slowly), I do use it as an after shower moisturizer! Sometimes all over, and sometimes just on my elbows, knees, and heels! The scent is faintly "coconuty" (very soothing... it really does take you away!) When I do like to add color to my skin via a self-tanner, the DHA's in those products have a tendency to dry my skin out. After the color develops, I slather this on and I look golden-goddessy! I always have this product on hand as an all-season remedy to get that silky look of gorgeous skin!

on 12/5/2003 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My family has been using this since I was a kid (before we knew what SPF was). If you're looking to tan .. I mean really tan, this is the way to go. I've stopped using it since I live in Washington now (no sun) but my Dad still uses it and loves it.

on 2/25/2003 8:44:00 PM

I Agree wiht the reviever below, this makes u dark, lol, i think i got dark once, and never again, i felt 2 guilty, but i absolutely love the scent of this, ill put it on my wrist nad in my hair all year round, yum, smells like the beach but better..

Popular Body Skincare Products