Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

3.9

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

on 7/8/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Straight to the point, it works.

Smells pretty good, although its really messy and if you're at the beach expect to be covered in sand (not all over just sand here and there). I wish it was a spray bottle or maybe a roll on, but that's not a huge thing to complain about.

Put it wherever you want a tan and the sun doesn't even have to be out, just lay out for a few minutes and you will see a difference.

DON'T DO WHAT I DID!!! I vacationed in Cancun a few months ago. I was extremely pale to be a latina. So I wanted some color in me. Cancun was always sunny so it was the perfect place. First day on the beach I put this all over (didn't even drench myself, just a mild coverage) but this was all I put. I did not put sunscreen or any SPF underneath or over. I also fell asleep on the beach...horrible HORRIBLE idea. Anyway I got a great tan :) lol. After being out there for 2-3 hours I got about 4 shades darker. and this time my tan actually stayed! usually it fades with time but I have a nice golden tone :) im pretty happy.

If you want a fast tan, use this. BUT PLEASE USE SPF UNDER. Even if it's a low SPF like 30. You will still get tan. Trust me you do not want to look like a shrimp, and a HORRIBLE sunburn to the point where you don't even want to wear clothes.

Good story to tell though, and now I know to always put SPF

(Exact same thing happened to my sister a month later...you can tell we're related)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I usually by this in the spray. It produces excellent color- a more natural color. I ended up getting BETTER color with this in the sun than going to the tanning bed using expensive lotion. It is always in my beach bag. I stock up in spring and it lasts all summer. Will repurchase again next year!!!

on 6/17/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have only used this once, but from what I can tell it works really well. I used this yesterday and I was only outside for 30 minutes but I can already tell that I got a nice tan from that short amount of time. It smells really good like coconut very nice and summery. The bottle is a bit messy but it is an oil so you kind of expect that. One con that I did find was that if you plan on being outside for a long period of time then you will most likely need to put on some real sunblock on top after being outside a while. It is also good to have a bit of tan built underneath before being outside a long time with this too.

on 8/17/2008 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hands down my HG tanning oil. A beach bag staple. I am Portuguese and therefore rarely burn, so I apply this to preserve my tan, and I must say it does a fantastic job!! It smells like a tropical vacation :) I don't know how else to describe its amazing scent!! The ingredients are all natural, mainly consisting of tropical fruit & nut extracts. The top 4 ingredients are (in this order) mineral oil, coconut oil, cocoa seed butter & aloe leaf extract...your skin completely soaks it up!

I believe this goes without saying but this oil is made purely for experienced tanners who have developed a good tan. It says it right on the bottle. NO UV PROTECTION. I'm sure I'll pay the price down the road, but for now I'm perfectly content with a dark bronzed glistening bod. If your Western European, Latino or you can keep a good tan, you NEED this product! And of course be sure to moisturize after showering :)

on 6/27/2008 3:05:00 PM

I like this a lot! This product smells so good and really helps you achieve a darker tan. I always spill it however so i wish it was in a pump like top. Buying it is convienant because it is carried at most drug and grocery stores.

on 6/4/2008 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff ROCKS!! I was able to get a darker, deeper tan in 2 hours on my porch than I did in 5 days in Hawaii. I'm olive complected and tan easily but this seems to accelerate the process. I agree with the previous poster that the oil makes you look really sexy and tone and while it feels greasy to the touch it seems to absorb well in your skin and of course the fragrance is amazing. I'm hooked!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I used this for years. It has NO sunscreen burned me horribly & then tan. I was young & dumb. Wear SS ladies!!!!!!!!!!! smells great though lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh, the smell...love it! I dab a teensy bit of this onto my skin as a fragrance. (Any more than a teensy bit, and it's too oily and sticky.)

Popular Body Skincare Products