Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.5

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

on 5/12/2018 12:18:00 AM

It gives you tan quickly but it’s so sticky. And I find it more like gel than oil (don’t know why). One strange thing abt this product is that when I apply it on my body, my palms appear some red and slightly hard dots. I have quite a few on my both palms. It’s so weird that It doesn’t happen on my body skin (thanks God). And I’m glad I didn’t use it on my face. Anyway, not gonna buy this again.

on 6/13/2016 4:57:00 PM

My holy grail for tanning!!!

I, like anyone, was soo pale after winter. I knew summer was here and needed color. I tried SunBum Browning lotion but it didn't do anything for me. I was out on the beach from 10-2. I used a 30SPF from Ulta under neath the oil. I reapplied the sunscreen twice and the oil many times. I still have plenty left of the oil too!

The texture is so soft and the smell is amazing. I have a gorgeous tan now even though I have a little burn on my back and arms. It is great!

I live in Canada right now, but the majority of my family lives in Mexico. Whenever I go to visit I am always made fun of for being a whole lot whiter than everyone else.

So to avoid being called Caspar the Friendly Ghost, Snow White, Pasty Face, etc. I started to tan during the summers. I would lie out for 30-60 minutes a day covered in coconut oil. It got me results very quickly and my tan would last all year round (finally I looked like a real Latina!) but the smell was awful and made me sick to my stomach.

I've tried a lot of other tanning oils to replace coconut oil - the smell was too much for me. Banana Boat, Nivea, Caribbean Breeze, you name it. Nothing worked as well as coconut oil and I was considering going back to it despite my problem with the smell. That's when I came across this product!

For once there was a product that really worked as good (if not, then better) than coconut oil and has a PLEASANT smell!! I get a deep tan quickly and reach my plateau after only about three weeks. The tan stays year-round and my family doesn't make fun of me for being so white anymore. In fact, I'm the same shade as most of them now!

on 7/28/2014 6:49:00 PM

This stuff does nothing for me. It's super thick and greasy, I like more of a spray that goes on thin. It doesn't give me a tan, it's almost as it acts as a barrier that prevented a tan.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. whenever im ready for a tan session i will literally bath myself in this. it smells sooooo good and doesnt irritate any part of my body. i could literally use half a bottle in one session, you obviously dont need that much but its just soo great and very affordable.

on 9/14/2011 7:18:00 PM

I'm fair skinned and never tan, but since moving to Costa Rica 2 months ago I started getting some colour on my arms. My legs however still glowed white. I bought this product today and sat out for 20 minutes in the late afternoon sun (I know the sun here and can sit for 2 hours at that time of day generally).

This product achieved in less than half an hour what two months of sun couldn't. My legs have lost their white sheen and I can't wait to use this on my beach trip this weekend (I will be using it solo for short periods, followed by using at least spf 30 and this in combo, Burning is no fun)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. Why? It smells like coconuts and vanilla bean, it mosturizes really well, it gives your skin that shiny sheen (which I adore) and it makes you tan. I wear this at the beach and it really does an amazing job tanning my skin - and fast. I don't get the leather looking result on my skin either. Its very soft and supple. I use to have a very hard time tannign my legs but when I apply this and go to the beach, it just instantly tans. Its a miracle worker. It has no SPF at all, so if you burn easily, please use it cautiously. It is very oily when you apply it on your skin, but after you rub it in, your skin looks and feels sooooo good. The only negative is that sometimes in leather car seats, it may leave a greasy residue but I think its worth it. I would recommend this to all who <3 to tan!!!

UPDATE: 5/17/12
I still use this to tan and I still luv it sooo much! Seriously, I slather this on my legs and in one hour, I am tan to the shade I want to be. For those saying its oily, well, its tanning OIL...geez. Yea, it can get messy, but what do you expect!!! Its OIL!!! For the first 10 minutes, your leg will attract any type of dust or hair, but after that, its all goooood. But I love the oily look on my legs...the sheen and the shine really makes my legs sexy and I am sure it will do the same for you.

on 7/3/2010 2:40:00 PM

LOL! I'm VERY pale but I tan amazingly well. I bought this at CVS when most of the lower back portion was covered with a security sticker. I come home, peel off the sticker and it reads: "No Sunscreens. To be used by those with a good tan." Damn it!

Anyway, I went to the beach a few times to work on a tan before I slather myself in this oil. Then I applied this after I had a reasonable tan. It's like any other oil.

Makes you shiny (shine reflects light making you tan faster).
It smells very good.
It does its job.

Negative: As mentioned above, don't use it if you're very pasty and burn quickly.

Mineral oil, seriously? Every time I use this I read the ingredients and wish it didn't have mineral oil. Don't even think about putting this on your face. I actually use sunblock on my face, especially around my eyes, and it's easier to learn how to use a matte bronzer than it is to reverse sun damage on your face.

Anyway, I loooove this oil and its smell. It gives beautiful color too. I don't burn easily (crazy pale but part Native American) but I am VERY careful not to overdo the sun. It's a great tool to help even out areas that aren't as dark too.

on 8/5/2009 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use this primarily as a body moisturizer because I normally use self-tanner if I want tanned skin. All I can say is HG!! I have snake skinned legs that are ultra dry and scaly. I've tried every cream imaginable but nothing works better than this. I have this in the spray version and it was super cheap ($10 CAD for a big bottle).

It is so convenient. I just spritz a few times on my legs and spread it with my hands, and my legs soak up the oil really quickly and become hydrated and dewy. The dark color in the oil makes my skin tone look even and gives me a healthy complexion, and it smells absolutely amazing. The coconut scent is my favorite part of this. I carry a bottle of this everywhere with me when I travel.

As for its effect as a tanning oil, it works great. I tried this while sunbathing on my patio and after an hour, my arms and legs were noticeable darker and my skin was still moist. It is a must-have.

Popular Body Skincare Products