Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.6

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

I just bought this tanning oil, and the only complaint I have is that it is very greasy. Everything sticks to me after I apply it. Other than that, it does it's job, smells amazing and I really enjoy using it. I have trouble tanning in the summer and this oil makes all the difference. Especially with my legs, that barely change colour no matter how much sun they get. I will definitely repurchase!

on 4/12/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this for tanning, just as a body moisturizer. Works great to seal in moisture after a shower and gives a nice sheen, especially on the legs. I love the scent (slight coconut/tropical) - and I usually don't even like coconut smells as I find them too strong or fake. Just bought another bottle!

on 8/7/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used this when i went too the pool and got a slight tan but You have to know,
i was only out for 30 minutes.
i wore it in the pool and didn't wait for it to dry.
it was very cloudy outside and then rained.
my skin was not exfoliated.

And i still got a slight tan even in those conditions!

This tanning oil is pretty good, but i haven't fully experienced it. I will back for another review soon! (:

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING PRODUCT. <3
- Smells like cocunuts & vanilla.
- Packaging is easy to use with a little squeezy-like top.
- I bought it at Wal-Mart for around $9 and its great!
It does everything it says it does, and gives you a great dark tan. If you use it basically every time you tan, it's amazing.
FOR WARNING: If your pale, don't use this right away. Get a base tan, then use it. Unless you want 2nd degree burns (yes, I got burnt bad the first time using this because i didnt know, and Yes thats how good this stuff works)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, so I'm cheating on my self-tanner :[ Anyway, I really like this product. I've found that using this and tanning outside is a lot less damaging to my skin then a trip to the tanning bed. My skin is fairly pale naturally but I don't burn easily - for those who DO burn easily, be careful with this product! I started by sitting outside for 20 minutes for the first couple of days and that was just enough to give me color without burning. Every 2 or 3 days I add on another 10 minutes to my time and I haven't burned once. I NEVER use it on my face, I use self-tanner instead. I highly recommend using SPF on your face, you'll regret it later if you don't. I love that this product gives you a nice tanned color instead of that fake brown color you get from a tanning bed. It also does a great job of keeping your skin hydrated, which is great for me because my skin is really dry and prone to that "desert" look. Anyway, as long as you're super careful with this product you'll get great results.

on 6/3/2009 6:57:00 AM

this tanning oil really works! i first tried it on my wrist coz i was afraid it might cause me irritations but then the next day, wow, the area on my wrist was already tanned.. i can really see the difference coz it is uneven, plus for that day it doesnt cause me any bad issues until now.. and the smell is really good but it doesnt lasts long which is good for me coz i dont want it to clash on my perfume.. if you really want to have a dark tanning this is the one.. overall, this is really effective and see result for short period of time.. so glad i bought this, im nicely tanned now..
edited-6/8
this oil lasts a week for me for just one application so no need to reapply every single day.. love it ♥♥

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Coconut sunscreen-y smell. Moisturizes nicely, though I wouldn't use it as a moisturizer when not tanning or out at the beach. I didn't really find that it made me tan any faster, but it did make my tan nice and even, made my tan last longer, and my skin never peels when using this. I like the nice sheen it gives, so I use it on my decollete area, but the downside to that is that my hair then sticks to it. Still a very good, basic tanning oil. It can get a bit thick, but warm it in your hands a little before putting it on if it does happen.

on 8/13/2006 10:47:00 PM

I'm not sure if it actually accelerates my tan since it's not that hard for me to get dark anyway, but I do love using this under the sun. Becuase of the oil texture, it adds a lot of shine to my skin and enhances my tan. Also it noticeably nourishes and softens my skin. I'm not crazy for coconut scent but I think the fragrance of this is quite pleasant. Overall a great product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a coinkydink! I was just thinking about picking up a bottle of this when I hit the d/s today because although I no longer tan, I have had this product in my home ever since I was a child and love, love, love the fragrance and I too use it to seal in moisture after my shower, as a fragrance and in my hair. Both my husband and I have dry scalp and a couple of drops massaged in right after washing our hair does the trick.

on 7/23/2003 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have really dry skin so I don't mind "oily" textures. This product smells good and it delivers what it's supposed to-a fast tan.

Popular Body Skincare Products