Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.5

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

on 6/13/2016 4:57:00 PM

My holy grail for tanning!!!

I, like anyone, was soo pale after winter. I knew summer was here and needed color. I tried SunBum Browning lotion but it didn't do anything for me. I was out on the beach from 10-2. I used a 30SPF from Ulta under neath the oil. I reapplied the sunscreen twice and the oil many times. I still have plenty left of the oil too!

The texture is so soft and the smell is amazing. I have a gorgeous tan now even though I have a little burn on my back and arms. It is great!

on 6/12/2015 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This smells beyond amazing! I've always loved the classic coconut Hawaiian Tropic fragrance and this smells pretty strong (the more scent the better, at this for this scent!)

I don't really sunbathe, so I can't comment on that use. But because of the high mineral oil content this is a great occlusive to lock in moisture. I use the Hawaiian Tropic mango and cocoa butter after sun lotion when I get out of the shower, then put a thin layer of this on top to lock in moisture. It makes me skin incredibly soft and a thin layer gives a night healthy sheen/glow without making me look covered in oil.

The scent stays on your skin but it's not overpowering, just very pleasant!!

You should NEVER put this on over a sunburn though! The mineral oil is designed to sit on top of your skin, and that locks in heat which means it takes longer to recover! If you're burned, wait until the redness is gone and then start using this again.

I live in Canada right now, but the majority of my family lives in Mexico. Whenever I go to visit I am always made fun of for being a whole lot whiter than everyone else.

So to avoid being called Caspar the Friendly Ghost, Snow White, Pasty Face, etc. I started to tan during the summers. I would lie out for 30-60 minutes a day covered in coconut oil. It got me results very quickly and my tan would last all year round (finally I looked like a real Latina!) but the smell was awful and made me sick to my stomach.

I've tried a lot of other tanning oils to replace coconut oil - the smell was too much for me. Banana Boat, Nivea, Caribbean Breeze, you name it. Nothing worked as well as coconut oil and I was considering going back to it despite my problem with the smell. That's when I came across this product!

For once there was a product that really worked as good (if not, then better) than coconut oil and has a PLEASANT smell!! I get a deep tan quickly and reach my plateau after only about three weeks. The tan stays year-round and my family doesn't make fun of me for being so white anymore. In fact, I'm the same shade as most of them now!

on 1/21/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The best tanning oil to take to the pool or beach. And it smells wonderful!

Little thick but very nice smell and helps create nice dark tan while protecting skins and not letting it dry out under the sun

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. whenever im ready for a tan session i will literally bath myself in this. it smells sooooo good and doesnt irritate any part of my body. i could literally use half a bottle in one session, you obviously dont need that much but its just soo great and very affordable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I will buy this product over and over and over again based soley on it's beautiful, tropical, coconut scent. I would never use this to tan. As a body moisturizer, it works fairly well on my sensitive, KP-prone skin. The ingredient list is surprisingly short. This can also be mixed with brown sugar and olive oil to create a delicious, coconut-scented body scrub. Mostly, I use this to smell good, as well as to relax, since this is one of my favorite scents in the world.

on 10/14/2012 9:33:00 PM

I haven't used this for tanning, just as a moisturizer. It smells wonderful and does make my skin very soft. :)

on 4/12/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this for tanning, just as a body moisturizer. Works great to seal in moisture after a shower and gives a nice sheen, especially on the legs. I love the scent (slight coconut/tropical) - and I usually don't even like coconut smells as I find them too strong or fake. Just bought another bottle!

on 9/14/2011 7:18:00 PM

I'm fair skinned and never tan, but since moving to Costa Rica 2 months ago I started getting some colour on my arms. My legs however still glowed white. I bought this product today and sat out for 20 minutes in the late afternoon sun (I know the sun here and can sit for 2 hours at that time of day generally).

This product achieved in less than half an hour what two months of sun couldn't. My legs have lost their white sheen and I can't wait to use this on my beach trip this weekend (I will be using it solo for short periods, followed by using at least spf 30 and this in combo, Burning is no fun)

Popular Body Skincare Products