Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.5

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

on 5/12/2018 12:18:00 AM

It gives you tan quickly but it’s so sticky. And I find it more like gel than oil (don’t know why). One strange thing abt this product is that when I apply it on my body, my palms appear some red and slightly hard dots. I have quite a few on my both palms. It’s so weird that It doesn’t happen on my body skin (thanks God). And I’m glad I didn’t use it on my face. Anyway, not gonna buy this again.

on 7/28/2014 6:49:00 PM

This stuff does nothing for me. It's super thick and greasy, I like more of a spray that goes on thin. It doesn't give me a tan, it's almost as it acts as a barrier that prevented a tan.

on 8/18/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a horrible product for tanning! It's almost all mineral oil! Mineral oil combined with tanning can actually STRIP the colour off your skin! When I tan, I usually get a deep pretty golden colour really fast. I used this last summer, and at the end of summer I was still SO PALE! Also: it was the first time in my life that I actually got a sunburn!!! I couldn't understand what was going on, and decided to investigate. This is what I found:
No wonder I got almost no colour! It's quite easy to find information about this; just search "mineral oil tanning". Seriously people - don't give me a thumbs down without researching this...! Are you really not concerned about this? When something makes you burn in the sun, it makes the risk of cancer much higher!
The smell of this is coconut. It's quite strong, but not bad really. If you want to use this as a moisturizer, it's maybe OK, if you don't think the oiliness of this is a problem. In my opinion, to get more tan, it's better to find a lotion that absorbs and makes your skin produce more melanin, instead of something that sits on top and reflects the sunlight.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I used this for years. It has NO sunscreen burned me horribly & then tan. I was young & dumb. Wear SS ladies!!!!!!!!!!! smells great though lol

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is awful if you actually try to use it as a tanning accelerator.

Mineral oil is the worst for actually trying to achieve a good tan, because it actually does not allow your skin to be receptive of UV rays.

If you want a good tanning lotion that is "tanner safe", look for some Australian Gold or Carribean Attitude products, they are affordable, and have the necessary ingredients for you to achieve a good tan (aloe based, rather than mineral oil based).

PSA: Please DO NOT use this on tanning beds, the mineral oil in it will DESTROY acrylics, which are very expensive to replace. continued >>

I just bought this tanning oil, and the only complaint I have is that it is very greasy. Everything sticks to me after I apply it. Other than that, it does it's job, smells amazing and I really enjoy using it. I have trouble tanning in the summer and this oil makes all the difference. Especially with my legs, that barely change colour no matter how much sun they get. I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I love the scent. It reminds me of going on vacations to Hawaii so when I went there last Sept, I made sure to bake in the sun with a huge slathering of this oil. I tan easily without sun tan oil but the feeling of hawaii was further increased as I lay there in the sand with the smell of coconut and the sound of the waves :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh, the smell...love it! I dab a teensy bit of this onto my skin as a fragrance. (Any more than a teensy bit, and it's too oily and sticky.)

on 7/8/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Straight to the point, it works.

Smells pretty good, although its really messy and if you're at the beach expect to be covered in sand (not all over just sand here and there). I wish it was a spray bottle or maybe a roll on, but that's not a huge thing to complain about.

Put it wherever you want a tan and the sun doesn't even have to be out, just lay out for a few minutes and you will see a difference.

DON'T DO WHAT I DID!!! I vacationed in Cancun a few months ago. I was extremely pale to be a latina. So I wanted some color in me. Cancun was always sunny so it was the perfect place. First day on the beach I put this all over (didn't even drench myself, just a mild coverage) but this was all I put. I did not put sunscreen or any SPF underneath or over. I also fell asleep on the beach...horrible HORRIBLE idea. Anyway I got a great tan :) lol. After being out there for 2-3 hours I got about 4 shades darker. and this time my tan actually stayed! usually it fades with time but I have a nice golden tone :) im pretty happy.

If you want a fast tan, use this. BUT PLEASE USE SPF UNDER. Even if it's a low SPF like 30. You will still get tan. Trust me you do not want to look like a shrimp, and a HORRIBLE sunburn to the point where you don't even want to wear clothes.

Good story to tell though, and now I know to always put SPF

(Exact same thing happened to my sister a month later...you can tell we're related)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I live in Hawaii, so tanning oil is a must for the beach. I tan easily when I'm out in the sun but this oil makes my skin turn golden. Smells like coconut, which I absolutely love. There is no SPF. I keep this bottle in a plastic bag before putting it in my beach bag just invade of leakage. Def would repurchase!

Popular Body Skincare Products