Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.5

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

You know it's funny (in a tragic sort of way). I have spent so much money on perfumes that have tried to capture this scent, that I could have opened up a store. There are new ones coming out all the time and they all try to capture that beachy, Hawaiian Tropic type scent but as always, fall very short. Every time I buy a new beachy body butter or fragrance, I am left incredibly disappointed. It always smells off or there is some note that ruins it. The last disaster is when I finally got a hold of Estee Lauder's Azuree Soleil perfume oil. I couldn't wait to swap it away! It was ghastly!.

Fast forward to my husband asking me why I don't just but buy Hawaiian Tropic and wear it like a perfume. You know every now and than, a guy can surprise you and come up with something really smart... (lol). I felt like an idiot for not thinking of it. Here's something that is packed with truly wonderful ingredients that are actually good for your skin. It leaves your skin feeling incredibly moisturized and the scent is heavenly! No more searching around for beachy perfumes anymore. I'm done. Love this stuff! Totally takes me back to my childhood (I stopped tanning when I learned all I needed to know about skin cancer). Love putting this on my pulse points and sniffing my wrists. It's like having summer in a bottle!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I will buy this product over and over and over again based soley on it's beautiful, tropical, coconut scent. I would never use this to tan. As a body moisturizer, it works fairly well on my sensitive, KP-prone skin. The ingredient list is surprisingly short. This can also be mixed with brown sugar and olive oil to create a delicious, coconut-scented body scrub. Mostly, I use this to smell good, as well as to relax, since this is one of my favorite scents in the world.

on 12/11/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just pulled this off the shelf this December morning, turning to oiling instead of the same-old post-shower lotion routine---And I love! The classic HT scent swept me back to warmer, sunnier weather, and the benefits of sheer soft moisturization is long-lasting; still, 4 hours later my skin is very soft and smooth. I read somewhere a beauty editor uses HT oil as her sole moisturizer, sun or not, and I am convinced: move over cremes and lotions, this oil is where it's at.

on 4/21/2008 9:00:00 AM

Since I am not one who sunbathes, I use this for the dry, winter snake skin on my legs, feet and arms after bathing, making sure to exfoliate well first. What I like about this product, besides the yummy scent, the fact that it soaks in relatively quickly and that the ingredients listing contains nothing I can't pronounce. A nice combo of various oils combined with mineral oil at a good price. Since it is a rather thick oil, I warm this in my hands to facilitate spreadability. Good bottle design with small hole at the top does not dispense too much product.

on 6/12/2015 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This smells beyond amazing! I've always loved the classic coconut Hawaiian Tropic fragrance and this smells pretty strong (the more scent the better, at this for this scent!)

I don't really sunbathe, so I can't comment on that use. But because of the high mineral oil content this is a great occlusive to lock in moisture. I use the Hawaiian Tropic mango and cocoa butter after sun lotion when I get out of the shower, then put a thin layer of this on top to lock in moisture. It makes me skin incredibly soft and a thin layer gives a night healthy sheen/glow without making me look covered in oil.

The scent stays on your skin but it's not overpowering, just very pleasant!!

You should NEVER put this on over a sunburn though! The mineral oil is designed to sit on top of your skin, and that locks in heat which means it takes longer to recover! If you're burned, wait until the redness is gone and then start using this again.

on 7/3/2010 2:40:00 PM

LOL! I'm VERY pale but I tan amazingly well. I bought this at CVS when most of the lower back portion was covered with a security sticker. I come home, peel off the sticker and it reads: "No Sunscreens. To be used by those with a good tan." Damn it!

Anyway, I went to the beach a few times to work on a tan before I slather myself in this oil. Then I applied this after I had a reasonable tan. It's like any other oil.

Makes you shiny (shine reflects light making you tan faster).
It smells very good.
It does its job.

Negative: As mentioned above, don't use it if you're very pasty and burn quickly.

on 12/7/2006 11:32:00 PM

I bought a huge bottle of this on sale during summer and though I don't use it for tanning, I love using it as a heavy duty moisturizer in the winter. It's also really soothing after shaving. I actually like putting few drops of this in the palm of my hand adding my regular lotion to it (given that the scents complement each other very well or the lotion is fragrance free) and mixing them together. That way it spreads easier and is not as oily as used straight from the bottle. The scent is also not as strong if you happen not to be a fan of it. It gives my body great sheen and really revives dry, flaky winter skin. Great tropical scent, great natural ingredients and great price! What more could you ask for?

I live in Canada right now, but the majority of my family lives in Mexico. Whenever I go to visit I am always made fun of for being a whole lot whiter than everyone else.

So to avoid being called Caspar the Friendly Ghost, Snow White, Pasty Face, etc. I started to tan during the summers. I would lie out for 30-60 minutes a day covered in coconut oil. It got me results very quickly and my tan would last all year round (finally I looked like a real Latina!) but the smell was awful and made me sick to my stomach.

I've tried a lot of other tanning oils to replace coconut oil - the smell was too much for me. Banana Boat, Nivea, Caribbean Breeze, you name it. Nothing worked as well as coconut oil and I was considering going back to it despite my problem with the smell. That's when I came across this product!

For once there was a product that really worked as good (if not, then better) than coconut oil and has a PLEASANT smell!! I get a deep tan quickly and reach my plateau after only about three weeks. The tan stays year-round and my family doesn't make fun of me for being so white anymore. In fact, I'm the same shade as most of them now!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, so I'm cheating on my self-tanner :[ Anyway, I really like this product. I've found that using this and tanning outside is a lot less damaging to my skin then a trip to the tanning bed. My skin is fairly pale naturally but I don't burn easily - for those who DO burn easily, be careful with this product! I started by sitting outside for 20 minutes for the first couple of days and that was just enough to give me color without burning. Every 2 or 3 days I add on another 10 minutes to my time and I haven't burned once. I NEVER use it on my face, I use self-tanner instead. I highly recommend using SPF on your face, you'll regret it later if you don't. I love that this product gives you a nice tanned color instead of that fake brown color you get from a tanning bed. It also does a great job of keeping your skin hydrated, which is great for me because my skin is really dry and prone to that "desert" look. Anyway, as long as you're super careful with this product you'll get great results.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Is this staggeringly expensive all over the world, or only in my country?
Anyway...Assuming money is NO OBJECT..it is HG. As others have mentioned, not for tanning, but for the beautiful smelllllll..... :D
This is Jamaica in a bottle. Of course, I've never BEEN to Jamaica, but one can dream, no? One sniff, and I dream of lush laid-back islands, blue sky, dancing couples. Across the beach, two boys are running around flying a kite. Cricket is big in the W. Indies, so I can also picture some kids playing cricket in the white sand, imagining they're the next Brian Lara or whatever.
I THINK I hear seagulls, but the waves are roaring in the distance, and a bunch of teens are playing bouncy happy music on their stereo, so it all kind of blends together. And the palm trees are rocking in the wind. And my hammock is lulling me to sleep.
Then it stops & I'm back in reality. So I take another whiff...and return.....:) So lovely.

Popular Body Skincare Products