Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Filtered by age: 36-43
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.7

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

on 4/12/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this for tanning, just as a body moisturizer. Works great to seal in moisture after a shower and gives a nice sheen, especially on the legs. I love the scent (slight coconut/tropical) - and I usually don't even like coconut smells as I find them too strong or fake. Just bought another bottle!

on 4/28/2008 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Giving it a 4 strictly because the smell of this stuff has always been awesome to me - just a whiff transports me to the beach of my youth when I'd lay around and burn myself to a crisp.

Because of this, and the many blistering sunburns I got back then in an effort to get the perfect summer tan, I'm sure a dermatologist will be telling me he needs to cut some suspicious brown spot off my chest, arms or legs within the next 10 years (despite the fact I stopped tanning when I was in my early 20s).

I do like the suggestion by a previous poster to just wear this stuff as a light scent (over my SPF 50 total UVA/UVB sunblock). But for those of you that still want to achieve that tan, this stuff smells a hell of a lot better than baby oil.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

You know it's funny (in a tragic sort of way). I have spent so much money on perfumes that have tried to capture this scent, that I could have opened up a store. There are new ones coming out all the time and they all try to capture that beachy, Hawaiian Tropic type scent but as always, fall very short. Every time I buy a new beachy body butter or fragrance, I am left incredibly disappointed. It always smells off or there is some note that ruins it. The last disaster is when I finally got a hold of Estee Lauder's Azuree Soleil perfume oil. I couldn't wait to swap it away! It was ghastly!.

Fast forward to my husband asking me why I don't just but buy Hawaiian Tropic and wear it like a perfume. You know every now and than, a guy can surprise you and come up with something really smart... (lol). I felt like an idiot for not thinking of it. Here's something that is packed with truly wonderful ingredients that are actually good for your skin. It leaves your skin feeling incredibly moisturized and the scent is heavenly! No more searching around for beachy perfumes anymore. I'm done. Love this stuff! Totally takes me back to my childhood (I stopped tanning when I learned all I needed to know about skin cancer). Love putting this on my pulse points and sniffing my wrists. It's like having summer in a bottle!

on 3/5/2007 6:29:00 PM

This is a very good product . I used it when i went swimming or whenever i needed to get a tan and it worked wonderfully!

on 6/19/2006 10:42:00 PM

I have fair skin and always tend to burn so tanning sometimes presents a challenge...I bought the HT Dark Tanning Oil and I love the smell! It's moisturizing as well...I try not to be in the sun too much because it's so harmful but when I do go in the sun, this is what I use!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a coinkydink! I was just thinking about picking up a bottle of this when I hit the d/s today because although I no longer tan, I have had this product in my home ever since I was a child and love, love, love the fragrance and I too use it to seal in moisture after my shower, as a fragrance and in my hair. Both my husband and I have dry scalp and a couple of drops massaged in right after washing our hair does the trick.

on 4/11/2006 9:09:00 AM

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon for this product too! This was a staple of mine back in my high school days, laying out in the backyard w/a pair of headphones on for hours. Today, at age 36, you won't catch me slathering oil on and baking in the hot sun, but I have been using this for a week as an after-shower moisturizer. I would have never thought to buy and use this for that purpose had it not been for the MUA reviews. It works fabulously, hydrating my skin and making it silky soft. I'm a huge coconut fan, so the tropical beachy, coconut scent is heaven in a bottle to me. I will definitely always keep a bottle of this in my shower.

Popular Body Skincare Products