Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Filtered by age: 19-24
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.4

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

on 7/28/2014 6:49:00 PM

This stuff does nothing for me. It's super thick and greasy, I like more of a spray that goes on thin. It doesn't give me a tan, it's almost as it acts as a barrier that prevented a tan.

I just bought this tanning oil, and the only complaint I have is that it is very greasy. Everything sticks to me after I apply it. Other than that, it does it's job, smells amazing and I really enjoy using it. I have trouble tanning in the summer and this oil makes all the difference. Especially with my legs, that barely change colour no matter how much sun they get. I will definitely repurchase!

on 7/8/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Straight to the point, it works.

Smells pretty good, although its really messy and if you're at the beach expect to be covered in sand (not all over just sand here and there). I wish it was a spray bottle or maybe a roll on, but that's not a huge thing to complain about.

Put it wherever you want a tan and the sun doesn't even have to be out, just lay out for a few minutes and you will see a difference.

DON'T DO WHAT I DID!!! I vacationed in Cancun a few months ago. I was extremely pale to be a latina. So I wanted some color in me. Cancun was always sunny so it was the perfect place. First day on the beach I put this all over (didn't even drench myself, just a mild coverage) but this was all I put. I did not put sunscreen or any SPF underneath or over. I also fell asleep on the beach...horrible HORRIBLE idea. Anyway I got a great tan :) lol. After being out there for 2-3 hours I got about 4 shades darker. and this time my tan actually stayed! usually it fades with time but I have a nice golden tone :) im pretty happy.

If you want a fast tan, use this. BUT PLEASE USE SPF UNDER. Even if it's a low SPF like 30. You will still get tan. Trust me you do not want to look like a shrimp, and a HORRIBLE sunburn to the point where you don't even want to wear clothes.

Good story to tell though, and now I know to always put SPF

(Exact same thing happened to my sister a month later...you can tell we're related)

Little thick but very nice smell and helps create nice dark tan while protecting skins and not letting it dry out under the sun

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. whenever im ready for a tan session i will literally bath myself in this. it smells sooooo good and doesnt irritate any part of my body. i could literally use half a bottle in one session, you obviously dont need that much but its just soo great and very affordable.

on 10/14/2012 9:33:00 PM

I haven't used this for tanning, just as a moisturizer. It smells wonderful and does make my skin very soft. :)

on 8/18/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a horrible product for tanning! It's almost all mineral oil! Mineral oil combined with tanning can actually STRIP the colour off your skin! When I tan, I usually get a deep pretty golden colour really fast. I used this last summer, and at the end of summer I was still SO PALE! Also: it was the first time in my life that I actually got a sunburn!!! I couldn't understand what was going on, and decided to investigate. This is what I found:
No wonder I got almost no colour! It's quite easy to find information about this; just search "mineral oil tanning". Seriously people - don't give me a thumbs down without researching this...! Are you really not concerned about this? When something makes you burn in the sun, it makes the risk of cancer much higher!
The smell of this is coconut. It's quite strong, but not bad really. If you want to use this as a moisturizer, it's maybe OK, if you don't think the oiliness of this is a problem. In my opinion, to get more tan, it's better to find a lotion that absorbs and makes your skin produce more melanin, instead of something that sits on top and reflects the sunlight.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I live in Hawaii, so tanning oil is a must for the beach. I tan easily when I'm out in the sun but this oil makes my skin turn golden. Smells like coconut, which I absolutely love. There is no SPF. I keep this bottle in a plastic bag before putting it in my beach bag just invade of leakage. Def would repurchase!

on 8/7/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used this when i went too the pool and got a slight tan but You have to know,
i was only out for 30 minutes.
i wore it in the pool and didn't wait for it to dry.
it was very cloudy outside and then rained.
my skin was not exfoliated.

And i still got a slight tan even in those conditions!

This tanning oil is pretty good, but i haven't fully experienced it. I will back for another review soon! (:

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was born in Louisiana and lived in Texas until 5 years ago when I moved to the Pacific Northwest. Needless to say, I'm not getting as much vitamin D as I'm used to. I became pretty pale after moving up here and decided that I needed my deep tanned skin again. I researched different products online and saw that nothing but good things had been said about Hawaiiain Tropic. I've always used lotions so I wanted to try the oil out and see how it worked with my skin. I bought the pump spray with SPF 6 and am hooked! After a hefty tanning sesh in the sun my skin was definitely darker and satin-smooth; I got compliments right away. It smells wonderful and has pretty good ingredients compared to other brands.This product is definitely one of my Summer must-haves!

Popular Body Skincare Products