Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Oil
Dark Tanning Oil

4.8

Paraffinum Liquidum, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Plumeria Acutifolia, Mangifera Indica, Psidium Guajava, Carica Papaya, Passiflora Incarnata, Colocasia Antiquorum, Aleurites Moluccana, Amyl Acetate, Theobroma Cacao, Persea Gratissima, Aloe Barbadensis, Lanolin, Eucalyptus Globulus, Benzyl Alcohol.

on 6/13/2016 4:57:00 PM

My holy grail for tanning!!!

I, like anyone, was soo pale after winter. I knew summer was here and needed color. I tried SunBum Browning lotion but it didn't do anything for me. I was out on the beach from 10-2. I used a 30SPF from Ulta under neath the oil. I reapplied the sunscreen twice and the oil many times. I still have plenty left of the oil too!

The texture is so soft and the smell is amazing. I have a gorgeous tan now even though I have a little burn on my back and arms. It is great!

I live in Canada right now, but the majority of my family lives in Mexico. Whenever I go to visit I am always made fun of for being a whole lot whiter than everyone else.

So to avoid being called Caspar the Friendly Ghost, Snow White, Pasty Face, etc. I started to tan during the summers. I would lie out for 30-60 minutes a day covered in coconut oil. It got me results very quickly and my tan would last all year round (finally I looked like a real Latina!) but the smell was awful and made me sick to my stomach.

I've tried a lot of other tanning oils to replace coconut oil - the smell was too much for me. Banana Boat, Nivea, Caribbean Breeze, you name it. Nothing worked as well as coconut oil and I was considering going back to it despite my problem with the smell. That's when I came across this product!

For once there was a product that really worked as good (if not, then better) than coconut oil and has a PLEASANT smell!! I get a deep tan quickly and reach my plateau after only about three weeks. The tan stays year-round and my family doesn't make fun of me for being so white anymore. In fact, I'm the same shade as most of them now!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING PRODUCT. <3
- Smells like cocunuts & vanilla.
- Packaging is easy to use with a little squeezy-like top.
- I bought it at Wal-Mart for around $9 and its great!
It does everything it says it does, and gives you a great dark tan. If you use it basically every time you tan, it's amazing.
FOR WARNING: If your pale, don't use this right away. Get a base tan, then use it. Unless you want 2nd degree burns (yes, I got burnt bad the first time using this because i didnt know, and Yes thats how good this stuff works)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love everything about this product. The scent is to die for, it makes you tan beautifully, it's affordable and the packaging is great.
Super moisturizing as well, my skin feels so much softer after using this.
I'm pale but I've only ever burnt once, so I applied this and I layed out in the sun (only early 20 degrees Celcius) for about 20 minutes on each side and I already have a semi-base tan. I'm guessing if I do this for another few days I'll have the tan I want :) Definitely recommended.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Is this staggeringly expensive all over the world, or only in my country?
Anyway...Assuming money is NO OBJECT..it is HG. As others have mentioned, not for tanning, but for the beautiful smelllllll..... :D
This is Jamaica in a bottle. Of course, I've never BEEN to Jamaica, but one can dream, no? One sniff, and I dream of lush laid-back islands, blue sky, dancing couples. Across the beach, two boys are running around flying a kite. Cricket is big in the W. Indies, so I can also picture some kids playing cricket in the white sand, imagining they're the next Brian Lara or whatever.
I THINK I hear seagulls, but the waves are roaring in the distance, and a bunch of teens are playing bouncy happy music on their stereo, so it all kind of blends together. And the palm trees are rocking in the wind. And my hammock is lulling me to sleep.
Then it stops & I'm back in reality. So I take another whiff...and return.....:) So lovely.

on 6/17/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have only used this once, but from what I can tell it works really well. I used this yesterday and I was only outside for 30 minutes but I can already tell that I got a nice tan from that short amount of time. It smells really good like coconut very nice and summery. The bottle is a bit messy but it is an oil so you kind of expect that. One con that I did find was that if you plan on being outside for a long period of time then you will most likely need to put on some real sunblock on top after being outside a while. It is also good to have a bit of tan built underneath before being outside a long time with this too.

on 6/27/2008 3:05:00 PM

I like this a lot! This product smells so good and really helps you achieve a darker tan. I always spill it however so i wish it was in a pump like top. Buying it is convienant because it is carried at most drug and grocery stores.

on 6/22/2008 5:25:00 PM

Great stuff. Smells delicious and really helps you tan. Today I was suntanning while it was cloudy out, and I still got a dark tan!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite tanning oil. It really gives you a stunning, dark tan and the coconut smell is amazing.

on 7/29/2007 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow! Is all I can really say. This saved me in Honolulu.. in July.. at 1 pm .. on the middle of the beach! It gave me a beautiful tan without burning me. Am-az-ing. Hands down my favorite tanning product. :)

Popular Body Skincare Products