Too Faced Beach Bunny Bronzer

Too Faced Beach Bunny Bronzer

4.5

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For the past few years I couldnt figure out why I break out after using this product. I loved the results it gave when paired up with my blush. After I was given an allergy test the culprit was found. Phenoxyethanol. A preservative used in cosmetics and skincare. Its a known irritant and its safety has been questioned over the years. Intially you may not experience any irritation but if your skin receives too much of this over time you develop an allergy due to being overloaded with it. And what's disappointing is that I found it in quite a bit of TF goodies. So I'm having to throw it away. Why would a company that praises itself on being so good for your skin put this nasty ingredient in its products? Bummed out.

on 10/1/2009 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am a bronzer addict and I've tried pretty much every bronzer available in the market. For the past several years I have been pretty faithful to Guerlain as I truly like their bronzers, especially the Blonde/Brunette collection. Unfortunately, the price of Guerlain bronzers is getting ridiculous - in the $65 CAD range. I knew there had be something equally good at a lower price point so over the last month I set out on a mission to try different bronzers. I did find some really good bronzers in the $40-$50 CAD category, but I kept searching.
Even before reading the great reviews on MUA, I decided to try Too Faced bronzers, given I have had some very positive experiences with their makeup in general. I discovered their bronzers are all exceptional, but I decided to come to MUA just to see if I'm smokin' something or if they are truly good. I was pleased to see some great reviews with which I completely agree. I ended up buying the California in a Compact and Pink Leopard (I know, I fell in love with the latter for its design primarily, LOL, but I still do like its performance, too).
California in a Compact is a truly great bronzer as many have pointed out below. It is void of any orange effect and provides a truly gorgeous, very naturally tanned look. I have a light skin with yellow undertones and I find that California is a great match and, as someone pointed out below, impossible to overdo, which is extremely important to me because I tend to have a heavy hand with bronzers. However, just a word of caution to those who may get the impression from reviews below that this is matte bronzer or a bronzer without any shimmer - that is not the case. While California is not an overkill in terms of the shimmer, it is DEFINITELY not void of any shimmer whatsoever. So, if you dislike any kind of shimmer, this is not for you. I would agree that it doesn't have huge amounts of it like some bronzers tend to, so in my books this is in a "semi-shimmer" category. I have definitely used bronzers with less and more shimmer. I personally like the amount of shimmer in this one as I like when the bronzer has some shimmer to it, bust just letting you know as some reviews below made me think like this was more on the no-shimmer/matte side.
The best part - at least for me - almost half the price of Guerlain and other HE bronzers (I think this was around $35 CAD). Great quality, great colour and at a very good price - you can't beat that.
Highly recommended!

on 10/17/2011 7:23:00 PM

THIS BRONZER IS THE BINESSS!!!
California in a compact, indeed ;).
Sometimes multi-colored compacts are nothing more than a cute-sy gimmick, but in this instance the colors blend so nicely together into a coppery-gold bronzer with a touch of shimmer that also works as a highlighter. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

on 2/10/2008 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is otherwise known as Beach Bunny, the lighter companion to Sun Bunny. It has 4 shades that you swirl together to get a beautiful, healthy glow without looking too bronzed. It's also particularly good for contouring. It has less shimmer than Snow Bunny and Pink Leopard so it's great if you're wanting a less made up look. Quality of the powder is beautiful (as with all Too Faced pressed powders). This is a summer staple for me.

This is my HG of shimmer bronzers. I love this because it is the perfect shade of bronze for my Asian skin. I tried the Caribbean version and it was too red for me. This is closer to a brown shade. I use it almost every day; winter: a light all over dusting on the face with more emphasis on the cheeks, summer: over the cheeks to highlight/contour/enhance. I have naturally flushed cheeks and if I used blush, I'd look like I had a fever. I love how there is subtle shimmer and it's versatile; I can use it as a bronzer but also individually as eyeshadow. I also like how natural it looks, a lot of people ask if I got a tan when I put it on and to make it even more realistic, I dust this over my neckline, chest, and shoulders. The lasting power isn't fantastic so only a 4. It also rubs off on clothing so beware.

on 11/5/2008 6:10:00 PM

I originally tried the Sun Bunny bronzer, and it was too dark for my skin so I swapped it for this one, the next shade lighter. I absolutely love it! I apply it very very lightly all over my face first, then build up the colour on the cheeks, forehead and chin. It creates a perfect sunkissed look, not too tanned or orange, just perfectly bronzed. There is a noticable shimmer in it, but when you apply it and blend it in, it just creates a nice summery glow. This is definitely an HG bronzer for me!

on 4/4/2017 9:25:00 PM

Love this bronzer.
This is one of my favorite bronzers.
it has lasted me a long time.
Worth my money.
I love most of Too Faced products.
I love the compact. and the way it looks.

Looks good on my face i love how it has a shimmer to it and its not just brown.
I have nothing bad to say about this product.

if your looking for a bronzer with some shimmer this is the one for you it could be a little pricey but worth it.

on 12/30/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite bronzer. I need so little of this on a daily basis that the same compact has lasted me almost a year and there's still a couple months of use left in it. Prior to this Chocolate Soleil was my favorite. The only real difference I see between the two is that this is more pigmented than CS so I use less and it lasts longer.

The color is perfect. Although it looks shimmery in the compact, I have never seen evidence of shimmer from it on my face. That is a great thing! So, if you think $30 is pricey, just remember that this can last you over a year if you don't use too much.....and that's awesome!

on 4/18/2011 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the only bronzer I've ever used that doesn't make me look scary orange-fake-tan, regardless of what brush I use or season.

It blends beautifully and has just enough shimmer to not be overly matte, which for me is extremely unnatural and terrifying. It is the same color I'd be if I actually tanned - and I use it year round (albeit less during the winter).

I like to use this with TF's Snow Bunny (as a highlighter) for a lovely glow - and they both blend beautifully.

The compact lasts me an extremely long time - even with daily use I'm just now seeing a slight dent, and I bought this at least 7 months ago. I do think it's a little high priced, and some of the kitchy-cute advertising I find slightly annoying, but if it works, it works.

This is a FANTASTIC bronzer!!! You owe it to yourself to at least try it (if you don't like it you can return it). I have to be EXTREMELY careful w/ what I put on my face since it has had a tendency to freak out to the point that I now am an 'ingredient reader' +won't even try a product if it has any irritants in it (go to paulaschoice.com...she has a skin care ingredient dictionary). I use this with a Too Faced kabuki brush+it's truly the best powder I've EVER used!!! I've been using it for a year now+recently thought about trying Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (force of habit really since I've never been completely satisfied w/ anything I've ever used on my face so I'm always looking for something better) but I reminded myself that I haven't had a real breakout since I began using this bronzer+ my skin isn't cakey looking or orange or unnatural w/ this either. My theory is that if a product works well on someone w/ problematic skin (provided that it's not medicated/specifically for a severe problem) then it should work well on anybody. This bronzer is GORGEOUS+is now a staple in my beauty regimen. (btw...I get compliments on how beautiful my skin looks now which is something I NEVER got before! YOU NEED TO TRY THIS PRODUCT!!! :))