Avon Imari Seduction

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Avon Imari Seduction

on 3/27/2013 8:45:00 AM

I love this perfume. It has a warm, powdery plum scent. My nose just loves it when I put this stuff on. I have had my bottle for 4 years and it still smells amazing. My boyfriend tells me I smell very good every time I put it on and he has asked for its name twice, so that's a bonus too. :>

on 9/11/2012 10:01:00 PM

I was quite skeptical when I first got this, thinking it may be a fragrance that is better suited to an older person. That is the gamble with Avon, the scent in the brochure and on the sample never gives you a full preview of what it will be like when you get the real thing. My mother and I have made that mistake, thinking by the description or the sample that we would really like it, then ending up with a full set that we detest. Upon receiving Imari Seduction, it did not smell like the sample, but I still liked it, even though it seemed a little mature for me. I like it, but men LOVE it. Anyone I had a date with or males in general say I smell really good, and that is ultimately the reason why I wear it so often and will repurchase. Another plus is that Avon fragrances are inexpensive (especially when on sale, which is very often), so purchasing the eau de toilette, body lotion, shower gel, powder, etc to layer is very affordable.

on 7/6/2010 12:45:00 AM

I like how this frag smells. It's a mature fruity floral scent, not a pink girlie kind of smell. In fact, I find it quite lovely. I like the combination of plum, orchid, vanilla and musk. Kinda makes me feel being mysterious. Strong opening but wish to have more lasting power. Only lasted for about 30 minutes on me. I gave 3 out of 5 for that reason.

on 10/17/2009 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

"A hypnotic scent of luscious plum and purple orchid with tantalizing hints of warm vanilla, amber and musk."

Personally, I can't stand this fragrance. It smells medicinal. If you've ever smelled Eagle Brand Medicated oil/ointment, this smells almost exactly like it! (the green stuff in the little glass bottles, it's very very popular in Asia--http://www.veryasia.com/eabrmeoil.html).

PROS: Fairly inexpensive.
CONS: Smells terrible. I need to wash my hands right now!!!

Obviously, I would not even consider purchasing this.

on 6/19/2009 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Yum. I've never been a fan of the original Imari, but THIS truly is lovely & hands down one of Avon's better perfume offerings in recent years. As for its smell being compared to Armani Code, Betsey Johnson, Viva La Juicy & Britney Spears' Fantasy among others... well, I have no idea what those perfumes smell like so I really can't say if Imari Seduction is identical to or even a combination of those four. But if it's indeed true, then yippee! Imari Seduction only costs a fraction of the the fragrances mentioned (I even got my bottle at more than 50% off its normal price) & frankly, given a choice between Avon & Ms. Spears, I'd take Avon perfumes ANY TIME over some skanky, over-exposed celeb's scent. Previous reviewers complain about the poor lasting power & for an EDT, I definitely agree. Heck, even the company's Vanilla Soft Musk cologne spray is surprisingly tenacious compared to this, lasting well into the next day... hmmm... quite baffling as normally, it's supposed to be the reverse. So for that reason, I can only give it 4 lippies. But overall, a very classy, high quality fragrance that smells much more expensive than what its cheap price tag suggests.

UPDATE (9/15/09):

I don't like this anymore, so downgrading to 1 lippie. Somehow, I get more of the purple orchid note (which I don't care for) than the plum from my bottle -- which is REALLY infuriating coz I DEFINITELY smelled more of the delicious plum note from the tester (very deceiving!) Then, there's the drydown: just your typical generic, chemically Avon drydown of synthetic amber, musk & vanilla that is sooo prevalent in many of their new lacklustre perfumes of recent years. *heavy sigh* Oh how I MISS the old Avon of the '90s when the company STILL cared to come out with memorable fragrances like Far Away, Women of Earth, (the aforementioned) Vanilla Soft Musk, etc that smelled like the perfumers actually put some thought & passion into them... now Avon perfumes are about as forgettable as & undistinguishable from the many zero-personality, unoriginal, "I've smelled this before/this smells like X or Y perfume" designer/celeb scents being churned out by the factory-load every year that are hardly worth our time, attention & money. What a darn shame. :(

This is one sexy scent! The packaging is quite lovely too. This fragrance took me by surprise because it smells so divine!

My mother is quite picky with fragrances but even she likes this one!

I gave it a four because I think it could last a bit longer, however this is a cologne spray not a EDT or EDP so that would be why, however I would give 5 lippies if this was a EDT ot EDP and lasted longer!

Okay, so I just ordered it and haven't received it yet. I broke down. When I've tried samples, it smelled a bit similar to Chanel's Chance. Anybody else noticed a similarity? I'll write more when I give it a real try! EDIT: Okay, I have it now. Nice, very nice. However, it lasts a surprisingly short time for a "strong" fragrance. But I like it. I don't smell as much Chance as I thought I would. It's something I'd wear when I have to dress up. For an evening out, maybe.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

smells good, but doesn't necessarily last very long.

I love this.

What a diamond in the rough re: avon fragrances
A lot are ordinary, but this one is beautiful...spicy with just the right amount of sweetness. Mmmmm. plum.

duuuuuuuuuuuuude. This smells so very good. It's sweet and spicy. I only could not give it 5 lippies because it must be reapplied every few hours.

Popular Fragrances