Avon Imari Seduction

Filtered by age: 30-35
Avon Imari Seduction

4.1

on 5/3/2014 8:32:00 PM

When first applied it smells VERY powdery to me. I thought ugh this is not for me but the dry down is great. Very good price and I love the shower gel, lotion, roll on and body powder.

on 6/19/2009 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Yum. I've never been a fan of the original Imari, but THIS truly is lovely & hands down one of Avon's better perfume offerings in recent years. As for its smell being compared to Armani Code, Betsey Johnson, Viva La Juicy & Britney Spears' Fantasy among others... well, I have no idea what those perfumes smell like so I really can't say if Imari Seduction is identical to or even a combination of those four. But if it's indeed true, then yippee! Imari Seduction only costs a fraction of the the fragrances mentioned (I even got my bottle at more than 50% off its normal price) & frankly, given a choice between Avon & Ms. Spears, I'd take Avon perfumes ANY TIME over some skanky, over-exposed celeb's scent. Previous reviewers complain about the poor lasting power & for an EDT, I definitely agree. Heck, even the company's Vanilla Soft Musk cologne spray is surprisingly tenacious compared to this, lasting well into the next day... hmmm... quite baffling as normally, it's supposed to be the reverse. So for that reason, I can only give it 4 lippies. But overall, a very classy, high quality fragrance that smells much more expensive than what its cheap price tag suggests.

UPDATE (9/15/09):

I don't like this anymore, so downgrading to 1 lippie. Somehow, I get more of the purple orchid note (which I don't care for) than the plum from my bottle -- which is REALLY infuriating coz I DEFINITELY smelled more of the delicious plum note from the tester (very deceiving!) Then, there's the drydown: just your typical generic, chemically Avon drydown of synthetic amber, musk & vanilla that is sooo prevalent in many of their new lacklustre perfumes of recent years. *heavy sigh* Oh how I MISS the old Avon of the '90s when the company STILL cared to come out with memorable fragrances like Far Away, Women of Earth, (the aforementioned) Vanilla Soft Musk, etc that smelled like the perfumers actually put some thought & passion into them... now Avon perfumes are about as forgettable as & undistinguishable from the many zero-personality, unoriginal, "I've smelled this before/this smells like X or Y perfume" designer/celeb scents being churned out by the factory-load every year that are hardly worth our time, attention & money. What a darn shame. :(

Okay, so I just ordered it and haven't received it yet. I broke down. When I've tried samples, it smelled a bit similar to Chanel's Chance. Anybody else noticed a similarity? I'll write more when I give it a real try! EDIT: Okay, I have it now. Nice, very nice. However, it lasts a surprisingly short time for a "strong" fragrance. But I like it. I don't smell as much Chance as I thought I would. It's something I'd wear when I have to dress up. For an evening out, maybe.

on 12/26/2007 12:19:00 PM

This smells great. For those who hate regular Imari, try Imari Seduction.

on 12/4/2007 10:12:00 AM

I really love the smell of this perfume. It's a rich sexy scent like Armani Code or Vintage Soul but it just doesn't last. I have a problem with Avon's perfumes not lasting. But maybe if you buy the lotions or gels it may last longer. I had to put mine up for swap because it just doesn't work for me.

**EDIT** - I changed my mind on this because I bought the lotion to go with it now and I love it! It lasts hours longer with the lotion. So my recommendation is to buy both. I think right now they are even offering a free lotion when you buy the perfume. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't even say how much I love this perfume. On me it smells rich and warm. I love scents like Armani Sensi and MV2 and this is a great addition to those types of scents. Normally I am not a big fan or orchids but the vanilla smooths it out and just makes it lovely. I'll definitely be repurchasing. Quickly became a fave of mine.

on 8/20/2007 10:01:00 AM

I recently became and Avon/Mark rep and got to try this :) I was very, very surprised. I absolutely love it! It is a very deep, rich scent in my opinion. I get the plum, amber and vanilla. It does not smell floral to me at all. It's rich - that is the first word that comes to mind. A great scent for a night out but could be used during the day - just sparingly. It doesn't really remind me too much of Fantasy as other reviewers mentioned and Fantasy is my HG scent. But there must be some sort of similarity since I like it so much. I guess if you like Fantasy, you will like this. But this is more of a grown up scent. I have been wearing it a lot lately. Lasting power seems okay. It's not all day, but most of the day.

on 8/18/2007 4:47:00 PM

I have to say, I really was pleasantly surprised by this scent. I wasn't expecting to like it- I almost never like "sensual" scents. But this really is quite nice. The notes are hard to pin down, but there are some fruity notes and some darker amber-type notes. They mix well, and I found this to be very wearable. I can definitely see the similarities to Fantasy that the other reviewer mentioned. I didn't find the longevity on this to be very good, and I probably won't personally buy it again, because I prefer Fantasy, but it is overall a nice, workable scent.

Popular Fragrances