Alba Botanica Terra Gloss - Bloom

Alba Botanica Terra Gloss - Bloom

4.3

Not tested on animals

I bought this mainly because it has natural SPF in it - no chemicals! It has a pretty hint of color, and not shiny. It is very softening and moisturizing, and has a fresh minty taste which I love. Definitely worth $4.

Great lip balm - quality, color and price. Can't be beat. Have tried several other brands from Clinique to Neutrogena but this is the BEST. Definitely buying again!

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is just a great gloss! It is more moisturizing than most lip glosses. It has a pleasant scent/taste and is nicely shiny and not disco ball shiny. The staying power is that of most glosses. And, the price is very nice! But, what I really like about this particular color, Bloom, is that it enhances my natural lip color. My lips are pigmented, so a lot of pink lip products either don't show up or appear too light (and ghastly). This color is the color of my lips only better--richer. Will repurchse.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice color. The texture is typical sort of thick, sticky gloss texture, taste/ flavor is a nice vanilla. The color is the good part though (and the fact that it is a natural product). It is a lighter brown-rose pink. Note that it is not a ghastly taupe color or silver/icy pink - both of which look horrid on me. This is a nice warm nude/pink color. It has a really nice color quality/ and shimmer quality similar to more expensive brands of gloss (the gloss is not very pigmented, but no less than most glosses - because its a gloss after all) - looking forward to trying this color in the Alba terra tint, which comes in a tube and seems more like a lipstick.

on 11/11/2009 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love it! I've been using Lancome lip gloss for years, but this is just as good and a lot cheaper, so it's my new HG lip gloss. I like Bloom and Garnet. It has just the right texture -- not slimy or sticky but just right -- and it lasts a pretty long time. I usually use it on top of a lipstick to add moisture.

on 6/29/2009 3:02:00 PM

I bought this gloss on a whim since I am normally just a lip balm kind of girl. I really like the scent -- a subtle vanilla although to me it is more of a subtle coconut/shea butter scent. I already have quite pink lips so I have to only apply a small amount in order for it to appear flattering. I like that it has a thick consistency (although slightly gritty because of the shimmer) which lasts a bit while and it is a nice pink shade ideal for summer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pretty color that lasts for a minimal amount of time. Does not enhance the texture of my lips. Natural product with a clean minty scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like that this is doesn't contain a lot of nasty chemicals, but other than that, I don't care for it too much.

If you want a juicy glossy lips, this won't work. The glossiness doesn't last, but the sheen (like freshly applied lipblam) and color lasts for a couple hours. After it wears off, my lips feel dry - not peely and chapped, but the skin feels a bit hard and makes my lips look really wrinkly.

The color is almost MLBB for me, but just too bright for my taste. I'd prefer something more nude or a softer/lighter pink. There's very fine shimmer, but it's barely noticable on the lips and just adds to the sheen.

I also don't like the smell, and I think the smell lasts longer than the glossiness.

I'd repurchase if they came out w/ other colors, since I'm currently into "natural" products, but if you don't care abt that, then I wouldn't recommend this - those chemically lipglosses would definitely perform better and offer tons more color options.

*UPDATE* I've learned to apply less and this is actually growing on me. If I apply a light coat, it adds just a bit of pink to my lips and the color lasts a long time, so I just top w/ clear gloss or lip balm during the day. I still don't like the smell and I still wish it came in a lighter pink, but I'll up the rating to 4.

*UPDATE #2* I LOVE THIS NOW (except the smell) and will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff :) Recently, I've decided to start switching to more natural products as I run out of my old ones and lip products have been one of my most recent turnovers. The texture of this gloss reminds me A LOT of covergirl's wetslicks, which I loved, only the ingredients in this are so much better to be putting on my lips. As long as you like sheer glosses, a vanilla scent, and a pretty neutral rose color... I would highly recommend this gloss to you. I plan to buy it again, and try other shades.

Edit: This made my throat sore and it dries my lips out :( I still love the scent and pretty shade of rose though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this gloss! I re-discovered this while cleaning out my lip drawer, it had been hiding, but no more! I would call the color a light rose, and the shimmery look in the tube imparts just the right amount of shine. It's pigmented in the tube and goes on a misleading bright pink, but the mooshing it around turns it a lovely sheer, just right for a daytime look. I got it for about 4 bucks at the grocery (Washington State, USA - I know it's more other places), which is a fine price for something that's such a gorgeous color and lasts a good long time. I'll definitely be repurchasing.