no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

Jul/03/2011

Very strong opening and then goes quickly and quietly to bed for the next four hours. A rosey and clovey skin scent that reminds me of the inside of grandpa's pipe box minus the tobacco.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

Jun/17/2011

Fabulous orange/civet amber fragrance. It reminds me of a complex version of a scent I wore in my teens - Aqua Manda. I get an overwhelming sense of nostalgia when I smell this one and a feeling of something that has grown up strong and beautiful. Wonderful staying power and not too sharp citrus peel, warm and lovely.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (325 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

1.0

Feb/13/2011

Too strong for me. After spraying it on, I felt overwhelmed by the scent and thought I had sprayed on one of my grandmother's perfumes. I waited for the drydown, but even then, the scent was too overpowering for me and I had to wash it off to avoid getting a headache.

0 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

frombabsvs

Feb/12/2011

I haven't loved a fragrence this much since I first smelled l'Heure Bleue twenty years ago. Maharanih kept me waiting for a while until it transformed itself into the scent I so thoroughy fell for. It starts with fairly bitter orange, and makes you really wait for its heart. Instead of going more bitter or heavy, it goes softer, and more diaphanous. I smell rose, light orange, and …Read more

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

Nov/15/2010

I sampled this twice before I completely warmed up to it, but then I was smitten. The bitter orange is a sharp intro, but the rose, carnation and cinnamon in the middle are lovely, and sandalwood and patchouli in the bottom sweeten it all a bit. I think it's just delightful--especially love the way it warms up as my wrists rest on my laptop, so I get a hit of it floating up as I work away!

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (30 reviews)

HairBlond, Other, Other

1.0
fromfpih

Sep/23/2009

I ordered a bunch of PdN samples and this one was by far the worst of the lot: I actually couldn't stand it and had to wash it off after an hour max. The fragrance on my skin is simply overly sweetened citrus. I love cinnamon, amber and lavender but all these were cloyed by the strong orange scent, that turned this sweet base into something nauseating. It also seemed rather heavy to me and …Read more

About reviewer (187 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0
fromNoddi

Sep/14/2009

Disappointed with this one; the orange comes across overpoweringly on me- too perfumey. I waited for it to mellow out into its basenotes, hoping for some sandalwood to come to the rescue, but it only got worse over time.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age25-29

HairBlond, Curly, Other

EyesBlue

2.0

Sep/08/2008

Goes on as slightly waxy bitter orange with something like musk as it dries down, but ultimately all I get is wax, like a melted candle with some scent still left in it. First off is very lovely, so this is disappointing in the extreme. Try before buy, as usual.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

Aug/05/2008

Maharanih opens up with intoxicatingly rich notes of orange flower, sandalword, amber and perhaps a wee bit of pepper. Its drydown is measured as one would expect from a well-made perfume and the middle to base notes emit a soft patchouli-like earthiness. Maharanih would be beautiful to wear in the fall. In fact, it is very much an autumnal perfume with all that that implies. If Maharanih were a …Read more

4 of 4 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (291 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

fromBasiaS

May/15/2008

This scent is absolutely terrific! It's one of PdN's most aromatic scents, blended to perfection with citrus, herbal and woody notes, plus a smidge of tea with honey. A must for anyone craving a complex, earthy scent (I must get my bottle before fall comes around!).

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (1158 reviews)

Age25-29