Signature Club A Vanilla meltdown makeup remover

No Image

4.1

Water, Caprylic-Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isocetyl Stearate, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate-Dicaprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Ceteareth-20, Dimethicone, Tricaprin, Triethanolamine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Carbomer, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinol, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil, May Contain: Yellow 5, Red 40

on 9/8/2016 10:45:00 PM

This is a good product to remove foundation and blush however, not eye makeup, at least not for me. Smells nice and leaves my skin soft.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Excellent product. It gently removes my make-up and smells very nice (French Vanilla) and given the overbearing scent, I thought this would cause my eyes to tear up but it didnt. I use as directed then rinse with cold water THEN I add just a touch more on my forehead and sleep with it on- I even apply a little to my elbows before bed plus my husband loves the smell (most men are 'intrigued' by Vanilla scent). If you havent tried this cleanser, you must! Adrienne products work great for the over 40 woman and I've used her products for years now and havent found one bad item in her collection.

on 11/20/2010 6:50:00 AM

I must admit that I'm rarely tempted to buy anything from Signature Club A because 1.) I find Adrienne off-putting, and 2.) the few products I've tried has been really disappointing. So when I stumbled upon this makeup remover I was not really excited to try it, but I needed a new makeup remover (I usually use a cleansing oil) so I bought it. First of all - the smell is to die for (I have Vanilla Meringue)! However, I find it much to strong for a face product, the smell strength is more what I would expect of a shower gel. The consistency is a thick cream, which was very easy to apply to my face. It stung my eyes a bit (which I almost expected since the smell is sooo strong) but I found that it removed my makeup effortlessly. To be honest, this is the best makeup remover I've ever tried, any price range. I wear a fair bit of eye makeup, and I find that this product removes it all in one swipe AND I do not have to rub my eyes at all. So in that sense, it's very gentle. I will buy this again, most definitely, and I hope it will be available in unscented some day. If I can buy this unscented I will change my rating to a five!

on 9/4/2010 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been using both the SCA French Vanilla and Vanilla Meringue meltdowns for a long time. They're effective at removing both facial and eye makeup including mascara without leaving a greasy or dry feeling. I have found that if you are careful not to get the product into your eyes, you can still remove eye makeup effectively without rubbing or tugging at delicate skin. The best way to use this product, I have found, is to spread a small amount all over your face, count to 10 and then remove it with a warm wet washcloth, rinsing the washcloth as you go along until you remove all of the product from your skin, eyes and lashes. With practice, I have been able to successfully remove eye makeup and mascara without stinging or irritation and the rest of my face feels soothed, softened and clean. I have had no problems with finding makeup left behind because with the washcloth method, you remove everything. I wouldn't recommend tissuing this stuff off because the tugging and pulling will irritate your skin. I find that I need no other cleanser with this method of removal and my skin is no longer dry and irritated.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been wanting to try this for so long and finally decided to order a bunch of them. I found I pretty much hated them all. This one did have an ok scent that did not seem to irritate nor reek. It took some makeup off, but not as well as my normal cleanser and a wash cloth which is a lot cheaper too. I found that depending on what makeup I was wearing I would have to use this two times before my makeup would come off. The funny thing was that sometimes it would not take off my Signature Club A makeup. I do have to agree though it does seem to make the skin burn. I would not call it a tingle because I actually felt it burning especially around my nose. Also I agree that this did not take off mascara or other eye makeup. This is just not worth the extra cost.

on 4/8/2010 10:34:00 AM

I love the smell of this stuff, but hate the product itself. I have never had sensitive skin and have never been allergic to anything, but this stuff left my face burning like someone had stuck a match to it. Within two days I had red, scaly patches between my eyebrows, on the left side of my nose, and on my chin. I put it up for about a month then decided that maybe my system was just off the first time I used it, so thought I'd give it another try. Big mistake. It still burned and gave me red flaky patches. My skin is dry, so I gave it to a coworker of mine who has normal skin. She brought it back three days later, saying she couldn't use it either. It burned her skin and gave her red patches also. I'm a big shopper and try alot of products, but I have never had anything hurt my face like this stuff does. It also doesn't take mineral makeup or mascara off very well either.

on 6/13/2009 10:36:00 AM

Indisputably the BEST makeup remover - gentle, effective, fast, with some aroma therapy to boot. I wipe it off after a minute or so, then rinse with warm water and a wash cloth. Leaves my skin completely clean and moisturized. I find that it doesn't burn my eyes, either. My only gripe is that I can't find it anywhere but HSN and their shipping is abominably slow.

I've been using the SCA meltdown cleansers for several years now and I really have to say that the vanilla is my favorite and the one I always reorder. I absolutely love taking off my makeup at the end of the day with this, it smells and feels great and does a good job at getting my makeup off too. One word of warning though - do not use this to remove eye makeup, I don't care if it's advertised that you can use this for removing eye makeup, it stings and burns terribly when it gets in or near the eyes. I just use a separate eye makeup remover so as to avoid the burning reaction. Otherwise a pretty decent, good smelling, inexpensive makeup remover cream.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It never ceases to amaze me how Adrienne has successfully seduced the consumer into thinking this "meltdown" works in removing all traces of make-up after ten seconds. When she demonstrates how "great" the product is, she smears her hand with cosmetics of sorts and doesn't even think that the product hasn't even been on her hand in no time. Naturally, the make-up is going to wipe off completely! Try using this product after wearing cosmetic on the face all day and see how well it removes it. Didn't deliver as promised. Will not be buying again. However, I will continue watching the show on HSN because it's absolutely hilarious seeing her attempt at correctly applying cosmetics to the models! Poor models!

I kept hearing so much about it that after hearing someone talk about it, I broke down & purchased it from HSN. First off, this smells amazing, it smells just like buttercreme frosting to me. It's a good product but I have to use it twice to completely remove foundation. I wear makeup for ever face and body foundation & a loose powder on my skin (no concealer) It mentions to leave it on for 10 seconds, then remove with a tissue or a cloth, I left it on for about 30 seconds (while I did something else) and after taking it all off, I swiped with a toner and noticed there was still some foundation lingering. I found twice does the trick so you may want to double check to see if everythings getting removed the first time around. Second, I would seriously advise AGAINST using this on your eyes, it removes eye makeup (waterproof definitely does NOT come off once, you have to do it a few times) it burns so bad though! My eyes felt like they were on fire, so becareful using it to take off eye makeup if that's your intention, it really does burn like an sob. Still after the cons, for some reason I actually do like this product. It hasn't broken me out, leaves your skin soft, no oily residue, no sticky feeling, I'll buy again once I run out.