L.A. Colors lipstick in berry ice

L.A. Colors lipstick in berry ice
lipstick in berry icelipstick in berry icelipstick in berry icelipstick in berry ice

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

I saw this at the Dollar Tree, it looked like a dark plum color (as the other reviews said) and I figured I would try it out since it was only $1. To my surprise, it went on as a bright berry color that really stands out against my fair skin. It is very pigmented and rich. I have gotten so many compliments on it. I love that after it wears off (after a good 3-4 hours) it leaves a nice stain all over my lips and not just on the edges (I talk a lot, and use my e-cig quite frequently so stains are great imo), and I don't have to re-apply and keep it maintained. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry my lips out like the Kat Von D lipsticks do. I love the color! It has become my new color to wear when I want my lips to really pop. And at one dollar, I am very happy with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

***review from my blog***purchased at family dollar***

If you would have shown me a swatch of this color, I would be the first person to say "HELL NO...I will stay away from this color"! But you know what, I was pleasantly surprised.Berry Ice can be best described as a creme blue toned Berry/Pink color. The pigmentation of this lipstick is phenomenal considering what I payed for them. Unbeknownst to me, they had a buy one, get one 50% off (they did not have a display letting the public know they where on sale, weird if you ask me---since they SHOULD advertise it....anyways.....). So for my 4 purchases it equaled to 3.25 including tax! So in short I payed 81 cents per item!!!
When it comes to performance, this lipstick holds up to 3 hours with my normal drinking and snacking. It DID not dry my lips at all (their lipsticks contain aloe vera and squalane). When I blotted my lips, it gave a nice subtle look.
I understand that the brand is not "posh". But you know what, If the brand delivers great color range, great quality and is affordable: you are missing out on a great product!

Great color. I like it. It has become a favorite. For $1, its very nice. Has a nice chocolate-y smell.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS COLOR!! the thing is i feel like i have to put on ton to really get it to pop like i want and it not shiny but clear lip gloss polish it off.none the less i like the color and if i find this color in differ brand i will buy just for better quailty of product.

xoxo,
nikki

on 12/20/2009 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I found this color at my local Dollar Tree store and at a $1, it's definitely a good deal. (I have several of the other colors, but bought those at cherryculture.com for $1.80, during a recent 20%-off sale.)

In the tube, the color is a medium plummy purple with a bit of frost. On my darkly pigmented lips, this looks like a plummy brown with a rather matte (and not very frosty) finish. In fact, this is like MLBB.

These lipsticks are a bit drier on my lips - which is good, since that adds to the longevity - but it has yet to actually dry out my lips. BTW.... they are called MATTE for that very reason. For those of you that like a more creamy finish, I'd suggest applying them over a base of a creamy lip balm or lip treatment.... or to top it off with a bit of gloss.

I'm not crazy about the cheap looking black and silver case, with the clear cap.... but the product inside is worth more than a buck or two. ;)

on 6/19/2009 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I liked the color but it was dry to put on so i mixed it into lipgloss...

I use another color for blush cuz powder dosent last on me

on 8/20/2007 8:52:00 PM

It's a very dark color but I think it's lovely. It lasts a long time but it's a little drying. I'm a sucker for $1 makeup, and I usually find it to be just as good as durgstore brands.

Popular Lipsticks