L.A. Colors 12 palette e/s in traditional

12 palette e/s in traditional

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/10/2017 12:25:00 AM

I miss the old L.A. colours traditional palette!

The new palette has less colour variation, and for some reason seems less pigmented than the original palette.
That being said, the colours are pretty and neutral, there is enough variation to get a defined eyeshadow look, and yet the formula is sheer enough that it is very appropriate for beginners or teenagers. There was a slight sheen to these shadow, but not a lot, and one of them was matte. The staying power was decent when applied over primer. I did not like the packaging as it broke almost as soon as I bought it.

I highly recommend this palette for beginners, but if you are looking for a more defined eye look, or like pigmented eyeshadows that can create a variety of looks I would skip this.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to say that I'd never buy makeup at a dollar store. Then I saw this palette and figured that the worst thing that could happen is that I'm out $1.09.

The packaging itself is definitely dollar-store quality: cheap plastic with dinky applicator that I immediately tossed.

As for the eyeshadows itself...well, it's not quite top shelf, but it is a hidden little gem. The matte shades are powdery and poorly pigmented, requiring much layering to get any sort of look. Fortunately, most of the shades are not matte, and their pigmentation is much, much better. They're shimmery but not garishly frosted or glittery. Wear time is good, especially with primer. I like that there's enough variation among the colors so they look distinctly different--the last drugstore shadow palette I purchased was 10 shadows but 6 of them were essentially the same shade.

If you come across this palette, it's worth checking out, especially for its ridiculously low price.

on 11/13/2016 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Let's start off and say that the palette is affordable.
The color payoff is neutral so its not really that pigmented.
The packaging overall, would be a 2.5/5. The very first month of using this product, I had stuffed it into my makeup bag. An hour later, I noticed that the plastic lid broke off, so the material is basically cheap.
The eyeshadow colors are shimmery, and I would of liked it if they added at least 2 matte colors. Overall, for only a $1, this has to be the most affordable eyeshadow palette that I bought.

Even though I don't wear any eye shadow with a frost or glitter finish, I must give credit where credit is due.
If you can't afford or like myself refuse to pay for the Urban Decay Naked Pallete,this is a good and very cheap alternative.
The colors are neutral correct - Anyone can wear them no matter what your skin tone or eye color.
There are a couple of drawbacks to be expected though. It is only a dollar after all.
First, the texture is not as smooth as the UD formula,nor is it as pigmented- You may have to swipe your eyelid about three times. Also there is a little fallout but hey,for only a dollar it's just minor inconveniences to get fairly long lasting color at an even fairer price.
Try it. You'll only have a dollar and some change for the tax to lose if it isn't your cup of tea.

I actually bought this because i was seriously considering buying the urban decay naked eye shadows (not sure which one).i usually wear black,grey or purple shades, and wanted to see if I even liked neutral brown and tan colors.first of all,the applicator is terrible, so cheap! I think that with a good primer and better makeup applicator, you can put together a decent eye look.I was not too happy with the streaky,low pigment result. And still not sure if I 'll ever get the urban decay one.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nice little pallet with basic brown tones.
Most are pretty good some not so much.
Actually surprised it has better quality than some of the more popular drugstore brands.
Not one of my favorites but if you like the colors then it is not a bad product.
For me personally I did not really care for the look on my eyes, but I have hard time find colors that work with my skintone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Really like these shadows. Lots of variety for the money. A few duds, but I mix some of them and love the results. Pretty good staying power. Great value. If you are looking for a palette with good colors, this would be it. Can't beat the price.

on 11/16/2015 8:57:00 AM

I tend to stick with a more natural look with my makeup, so I prefer browns and other neutrals. This palette is great, because the browns are not overly warm, nor are they overly shimmery. There are lighter and darker options, and a nice white highlight. The color payoff is better than expected, as well as the wear time. If you get bored with it or accidentally break it, you won't shed any tears, because it only cost you $1. Favorite L.A. Colors palette!

on 8/29/2015 1:52:00 AM

This product review is for the older packaging and formula. The older packaging could still be found in some dollar stores in the GTA.

This palette contains 12 earth toned colours (nude-pinks, browns, beiges and plums). The pallete is aptly named as they are very "traditional" colours. Very safe and office/work-friendly.
It has faint shimmers and some shades could pass as mattes. They don't swatch too well on bare, dry skin but with a base or primer the colours show up on skin fairly well.
They are not the most pigmented shadows and do tend to be a little chalky. I have light skin tone and the colours show decently on me.

One thing I should mention is that this formulation is scented. It smells like a bit like vintage-y baby powder. It could be very off putting for many people but maybe some people will like it? (my sister loves it!)

I bought it for $2.25 CAN. So price wise it's great!

I recommend this product for people who loves natural nude eyeshadow on a budget.

on 3/29/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a nice inexpensive eyeshadow palette. I picked mine up at the Dollar Tree for one dollar. The palette is a mix of different browns and one white shade. I like that some of the shades are cooler toned browns. The texture is really soft, so I recommend using a primer first. (FYI: I like Elf Sheer Primer). This helps you avoid eye shadow fallout and makes the pigmentation stronger. These definitely aren't high end eye shadows, but I've paid 7 times as much for drugstore shadows that weren't as good. I would repurchase.