L.A. Colors 12 palette e/s in traditional

L.A. Colors 12 palette e/s in traditional

Price: $

Price: $

Even though I don't wear any eye shadow with a frost or glitter finish, I must give credit where credit is due.
If you can't afford or like myself refuse to pay for the Urban Decay Naked Pallete,this is a good and very cheap alternative.
The colors are neutral correct - Anyone can wear them no matter what your skin tone or eye color.
There are a couple of drawbacks to be expected though. It is only a dollar after all.
First, the texture is not as smooth as the UD formula,nor is it as pigmented- You may have to swipe your eyelid about three times. Also there is a little fallout but hey,for only a dollar it's just minor inconveniences to get fairly long lasting color at an even fairer price.
Try it. You'll only have a dollar and some change for the tax to lose if it isn't your cup of tea.

I actually bought this because i was seriously considering buying the urban decay naked eye shadows (not sure which one).i usually wear black,grey or purple shades, and wanted to see if I even liked neutral brown and tan colors.first of all,the applicator is terrible, so cheap! I think that with a good primer and better makeup applicator, you can put together a decent eye look.I was not too happy with the streaky,low pigment result. And still not sure if I 'll ever get the urban decay one.

To Read all 89 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nice little pallet with basic brown tones.
Most are pretty good some not so much.
Actually surprised it has better quality than some of the more popular drugstore brands.
Not one of my favorites but if you like the colors then it is not a bad product.
For me personally I did not really care for the look on my eyes, but I have hard time find colors that work with my skintone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Really like these shadows. Lots of variety for the money. A few duds, but I mix some of them and love the results. Pretty good staying power. Great value. If you are looking for a palette with good colors, this would be it. Can't beat the price.

on 11/16/2015 8:57:00 AM

I tend to stick with a more natural look with my makeup, so I prefer browns and other neutrals. This palette is great, because the browns are not overly warm, nor are they overly shimmery. There are lighter and darker options, and a nice white highlight. The color payoff is better than expected, as well as the wear time. If you get bored with it or accidentally break it, you won't shed any tears, because it only cost you $1. Favorite L.A. Colors palette!

on 8/29/2015 1:52:00 AM

This product review is for the older packaging and formula. The older packaging could still be found in some dollar stores in the GTA.

This palette contains 12 earth toned colours (nude-pinks, browns, beiges and plums). The pallete is aptly named as they are very "traditional" colours. Very safe and office/work-friendly.
It has faint shimmers and some shades could pass as mattes. They don't swatch too well on bare, dry skin but with a base or primer the colours show up on skin fairly well.
They are not the most pigmented shadows and do tend to be a little chalky. I have light skin tone and the colours show decently on me.

One thing I should mention is that this formulation is scented. It smells like a bit like vintage-y baby powder. It could be very off putting for many people but maybe some people will like it? (my sister loves it!)

I bought it for $2.25 CAN. So price wise it's great!

I recommend this product for people who loves natural nude eyeshadow on a budget.

on 3/29/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a nice inexpensive eyeshadow palette. I picked mine up at the Dollar Tree for one dollar. The palette is a mix of different browns and one white shade. I like that some of the shades are cooler toned browns. The texture is really soft, so I recommend using a primer first. (FYI: I like Elf Sheer Primer). This helps you avoid eye shadow fallout and makes the pigmentation stronger. These definitely aren't high end eye shadows, but I've paid 7 times as much for drugstore shadows that weren't as good. I would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I picked this up at family dollar, and while checking out, my phone was stolen. I can't hold that to the palettes account, but still, looking at this thing is a little bittersweet.

I mean seriously....

L.A colors palette- $1.50
Replacement phone- $150

That was the price I paid to attain this little plastic container of mediocre eyeshadows. What a sick joke.

Anyway, I picked this up especially to write a review about! This is for one reason, and one reason only- they reformulated, and repackaged!!

Lately L.A. colors has been upping their makeup game. I feel like they are moving up in the cosmetic industry, however their products still remain hit and miss. This palette is unfortunately a miss....but come on, it's like a dollar, so I can't really complain that much.

The new packaging is nothing special, just a little smaller and thinner. Nothing spectacular, but still somewhat better. The new formulation however, leaves a lot to be desired!

Don't get me wrong, some shades are really great, but they all have a sheen or shimmer. In the old palette, there were some satin mattes, which were a great addition. In this new palette, every single shade has a noticable sheen. It's not a huge deal I guess, but if you want to create a look with this one palette, a couple mattes will definitely be necessary, so I always have to add a couple shades in from other palettes. This is a downside for me, because with 12 different shades, you should be able to create a look with the one palette and nothing else.

Another thing is the pigmentation- or should I say the lack thereof. And yes, I KNOW they are only a dollar, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the fact is, the old formula had better pigmentation. The fact that this new formula is a downgrade is such a dissapointment. I had really great hopes, I mean they have those fabulous new eyeshadow pencils, and the trios are so good, and the old version of this was pretty good, so I figured it would just get better. Oh well..

Anyway I have attached some photos of the pallete itself and swatches. Keep in mind, some of these I went over the swatches twice so you could see them. Hopefully this helped you, because I paid $151.50 to write this review for you people, technically.

If you want to see the swatches, just click the "continued" link down below :)

continued >>

packaging is great, price is even better, but the eyeshadows are meh. they have medium-ish pigmentation, but are build-able. colors are great!

on 9/26/2014 8:28:00 PM

I picked up two of these palettes at Dollar Tree. I figured they had to be junk, but was in a mood to try something new, and for a buck a piece? Why not? I'm really quite shocked at how much I actually like them. This one is a great mix of brown tones. Decent amount of pigmentation, go on pretty smoothly, look very pretty on. I have extremely oily lids, so primer is a must with any shadow. Is this the highest quality shadow? No, but it's surprisingly good for the price, and especially with the other palettes, a good way to have some fun and try some different colors.