L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

on 5/27/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this was a bogo at cvs and i decided to try it due to the shimmer it also looks good with the other hip colors. try it wet or dry

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Got this for $6 because HIP was BOGOF at CVS this week. This is a small sifter jar filled with what looks like silvery pinkish plummish glitter. A cool dark mauvey purply rose. This color is tough to describe. Funny thing is that it looks pretty innocuous in the pacakge but when you open it, it looks like you just bought a tin of cheap sparkle. I was afraid to wear what looked like pure glitter (the kind you use in arts and crafts and for Halloween makeup or whatever Kate Moss was upto when she painted a star on her eye) but too my surprise, it appeared as a shimmery silvery pinky-plum on my warm-toned NC45 GGG/DDD lids. Not OTT at all, just festive and glowy - perks things up on a cold winter night. After dusting it on my lids over primer with the included soft mini-brush (much better than the crappy liner brush that comes the HIP creme liner, BTW), I lined my eyes with a matte dark blue liner to tone down the sparkles and the result, if I do say so myself, was fab. And longlasting - this stuff did not fade, at all, over nine hours. Nor did it migrate (which is often a problem with what HE brands call "shimmer"). This stuff goes on true, stays put, and is easy to wash off. The only negative is that you have to apply it very sparingly (which is tough because it's messy in container and a lot more than you need tends to "sift" out before you need it). That's a minor point. For 6 bucks, this stuff is a steal. I think I might just have to declare 2008 The Year of the Drugstore.