L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

4.5

on 5/2/2010 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a really pretty sparkly plum purple. Someone said it was similar to Urban Decay's Last Call but I think Last Call is more of a burgundy. This is a definite purple. I have light skin and dark olive hazel eyes and this looks good on me. It doesn't have glitter but it does have sparkle. One of my favorite HIP pigments.

on 10/23/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The pigment in this color was really good, but the actual color itself didnt work on my olive fair skin. I thought it was going to be a pretty pink/brown neutral with shimmer. Its got a lot of purple in it. I didnt know that when I bought it, so it gave me kinda a dirty look....Maybe I should try it paired with a darker purple. Anyway, I would try another color from this line, but I was initially looking for a neutral along the lines of Urban Decays Illegal, but with shimmer. SO all in all i was a lil dissapointed.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

great plum color! its similar to MACs Circa Plum but has a tad bit more of a redish tint to it. i can see where this color could make your eyes look like your having an allergy attack but i dont usually have problems w/ that. id buy again if/when i ran out of circa plum.

on 8/1/2009 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love purples, and this one is a great eggplant shade. I love pairing it with MACs parfait amour. The HIP line is amazing, and I can't wait to try the rest of the shades

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is truly a beautiful color that actually looks true to the pot! No chalking, easy to blend and it makes a bold or subtle look however you use it! This is a gorgeous purple/plum that just shimmers in the light. I was a bit hesitant to apply it, because it was so glittery on the brush, but once I applied it on my lid, I fell in love with it! I've been hunting down for a beautiful purple that didn't look more like a mauve or blue. It looks like a purple-y wine color. Worth the buy. <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Another beautiful shadow from HIP. HIP is the best line for color in the drugstore. This is a pink/violet with gold reflect. To make it stay I put it over the HIP Pigment sticks in Perfectionist and Meticulous. Gorgeous!

on 2/23/2008 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have about 5 of these loose shadow pigments. They are a bit chunky, but look great. I find the best way to use them is to take my eyeshadow brush and swirl the little bit that is in the lid, tap off the excess, apply to my lid or crease, and buff them in. I really like this one. It looks nice with my golden brown eyes, and looks good paired with other purples and plums. I said I would buy it again, but I use so little and have so many other purple eyeshadows that I doubt I would need to buy this again.

on 2/7/2008 2:02:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

yesss this eye shadow rules. it's perfect for my green eyes. very sparkly, lasts long.

on 1/5/2008 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this one a lot! The color is a pinkish plum with gold and possibly mauve shimmer, which lends it a coppery appearance in some lights. It changes from straight up mauve to taupe to plum, but it remains lovely throughout. I usually pare it with a darker taupe in the crease, which offsets the pinker aspect of it and keeps it neutral. The shimmer is not small, and there is significant fall out, so I have to hold up a tissue underneath my eyes every time I apply this. The negatives are redeemed by excellent staying power and the great blendability. The brush that comes with it works well, too. Price is $9-12, which isn't cheap, but it really does compare well with MAC pigments. Recommended! EDIT: On closer inspection, this is too shimmery for my tastes. It settles into fine lines I didn't know I had. Still, the excellent staying power compells me to keep this.

on 12/12/2007 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wonderful colour! These were on sale at CVS (2 extrabucks) and I always buy something from the HIP line if it's on sale (it's usually expensive), so I picked this one up. I have Intrepid also, which is a dupe of Mac's bluebrown. This is a unique colour, a taupe mixed with burgundy/mauve to my eye. I am mostly a neutrals/subtle colour girl on the eyes, and so this suits me perfectly. It's wonderful on my cool medium Asian skin, and reads slightly red-purple. I paired this with MAC's graphology for a liner and it was gorgeous - very subtle purple. It's quite sparkly, and I think I'll need to use UDPP with this. Packaging is good with the sifter, the brush is kind of annoying extra since I have my own brushes and this probably added to the cost, but worth it nonetheless.