L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is truly a beautiful color that actually looks true to the pot! No chalking, easy to blend and it makes a bold or subtle look however you use it! This is a gorgeous purple/plum that just shimmers in the light. I was a bit hesitant to apply it, because it was so glittery on the brush, but once I applied it on my lid, I fell in love with it! I've been hunting down for a beautiful purple that didn't look more like a mauve or blue. It looks like a purple-y wine color. Worth the buy. <3

on 1/5/2008 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this one a lot! The color is a pinkish plum with gold and possibly mauve shimmer, which lends it a coppery appearance in some lights. It changes from straight up mauve to taupe to plum, but it remains lovely throughout. I usually pare it with a darker taupe in the crease, which offsets the pinker aspect of it and keeps it neutral. The shimmer is not small, and there is significant fall out, so I have to hold up a tissue underneath my eyes every time I apply this. The negatives are redeemed by excellent staying power and the great blendability. The brush that comes with it works well, too. Price is $9-12, which isn't cheap, but it really does compare well with MAC pigments. Recommended! EDIT: On closer inspection, this is too shimmery for my tastes. It settles into fine lines I didn't know I had. Still, the excellent staying power compells me to keep this.