L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

4.8

on 5/2/2010 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a really pretty sparkly plum purple. Someone said it was similar to Urban Decay's Last Call but I think Last Call is more of a burgundy. This is a definite purple. I have light skin and dark olive hazel eyes and this looks good on me. It doesn't have glitter but it does have sparkle. One of my favorite HIP pigments.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Hands down, one of the most gorgeous pigments that I own! The color is perfection on my neutral/warm NC20 skin and brings out my green eyes like nothing else, but I could see this being amazing on all eye colors truly. I find this to be very close to UD's Last Call which I also adore, but this is a more amped up version. The texture seems chunky in the container, but actually applies very silky and a tiny goes a looong ways. I just pat my brush on it's side into the lid to get a good amount and push onto my lid where I want the color. If you "rub" this on you will probably get tiny micro fall out, but we are not talking anything like UD's Midnight Cowboy or anything. lol It brushes away easily w/ a large face brush. I typically wear this on the outer 1/2 of my eye both upper and lower lash line, probably the outer 2/3 when gently blended. Stays all day long with UDPP. This is a must buy if you're not too afraid of bold shades

on 12/19/2009 11:07:00 PM

First off, BEWARE OF GLITTER!
Second, I love this pigment!!! I got it for almost $6 at ulta and I'm so glad I got it because it is beyond gorgeous! Unshamed is a beautiful deep eggplant color. It has a lot of glitter and can be a bit chunky but it isn't a big deal for me. If you don't like glitter at all, this is NOT for you. The glitter really brings out one's eyes. Beautiful!!

The only con is that it's expensive for a drugstore pigment. It's like $10-$12 for only 0.05 fl oz. I had only got it because it was on sale.

Love, love, love this color. I have never worn purples before, but I had to try this color. It's gorgeous!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

great plum color! its similar to MACs Circa Plum but has a tad bit more of a redish tint to it. i can see where this color could make your eyes look like your having an allergy attack but i dont usually have problems w/ that. id buy again if/when i ran out of circa plum.

on 8/1/2009 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love purples, and this one is a great eggplant shade. I love pairing it with MACs parfait amour. The HIP line is amazing, and I can't wait to try the rest of the shades

on 5/27/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this was a bogo at cvs and i decided to try it due to the shimmer it also looks good with the other hip colors. try it wet or dry

on 3/18/2008 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like the shade of this, a purplely brown, and on my brown eyes, it looks lovely. It is shimmery, but not over the top--I would guess maybe much for daytime if you work in an office. I guess it would depend on your level of adventure! However, for a night out or a fun day look if, like me, you work in a place where you can be a bit adventurous w/your look. I find this easy to blend, even using the tiny little brush it's packaged with. A smokey eye is easy to get here, and it's maybe more unusual than browns and blacks for this! I just got it, so I don't know yet about staying power. Got it on sale at CVS, so the 7 bucks seems pretty good for a great shadow.

on 2/7/2008 2:02:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

yesss this eye shadow rules. it's perfect for my green eyes. very sparkly, lasts long.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Got this for $6 because HIP was BOGOF at CVS this week. This is a small sifter jar filled with what looks like silvery pinkish plummish glitter. A cool dark mauvey purply rose. This color is tough to describe. Funny thing is that it looks pretty innocuous in the pacakge but when you open it, it looks like you just bought a tin of cheap sparkle. I was afraid to wear what looked like pure glitter (the kind you use in arts and crafts and for Halloween makeup or whatever Kate Moss was upto when she painted a star on her eye) but too my surprise, it appeared as a shimmery silvery pinky-plum on my warm-toned NC45 GGG/DDD lids. Not OTT at all, just festive and glowy - perks things up on a cold winter night. After dusting it on my lids over primer with the included soft mini-brush (much better than the crappy liner brush that comes the HIP creme liner, BTW), I lined my eyes with a matte dark blue liner to tone down the sparkles and the result, if I do say so myself, was fab. And longlasting - this stuff did not fade, at all, over nine hours. Nor did it migrate (which is often a problem with what HE brands call "shimmer"). This stuff goes on true, stays put, and is easy to wash off. The only negative is that you have to apply it very sparingly (which is tough because it's messy in container and a lot more than you need tends to "sift" out before you need it). That's a minor point. For 6 bucks, this stuff is a steal. I think I might just have to declare 2008 The Year of the Drugstore.