L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

4.6

on 5/2/2010 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a really pretty sparkly plum purple. Someone said it was similar to Urban Decay's Last Call but I think Last Call is more of a burgundy. This is a definite purple. I have light skin and dark olive hazel eyes and this looks good on me. It doesn't have glitter but it does have sparkle. One of my favorite HIP pigments.

Love, love, love this color. I have never worn purples before, but I had to try this color. It's gorgeous!

on 10/15/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a gorgeous color. I've heard it compared to Circa Plum & Shadowy Lady but I don't think its close to those at all. To me it seems very unique. It's a great browned, purple-pink w/lots of glitter. Very pigmented so if you pat it on w/your brush it only takes a second to get a nice wash.
Haven't played w/it too much yet. Today I tried it as a wash w/Revlon Matte purple in the outer V but not sure I love that look. I might just stick w/a wash, no contouring. But will use black liner, as always.
Update: I posted a swatch pic of several of these shadows. Unashamed is 2nd from the right

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

great plum color! its similar to MACs Circa Plum but has a tad bit more of a redish tint to it. i can see where this color could make your eyes look like your having an allergy attack but i dont usually have problems w/ that. id buy again if/when i ran out of circa plum.

I love this eyeshadow, it goes on very smooth and easy. The color is beautiful, it goes on bright and colorful. It also last all through the day, I would compare this eyeshadow to MAC high intensity pigment shadow.

This is the HIP Pigment color I got compliments on right away. I used it over my MAC paint pot e/s in Bare Study with the HIP liner in Eggplant and black liner near my lashes with Teddy liner along the lash line and right below smudged. I have received quite a few compliments on my eyes when I use that combo. As a color this is a beautiful shimmery complex mauve color. It seems to have a coppery shimmer that comes out as well. If you use a light hand this can look different on the surface of the eyelid and create a very pretty look. I like the color a lot. I LOVE the brush that comes with it. Easy to apply and nice consistency. Overall a very nice color. The favorite of all the 4 I had bought at ULTA's Buy One Get One Free sale. I'd buy this one again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this pigment!! This is the first color I have tried but I am definitely looking forward to trying their other colors. The shade is sooo pretty, a purpley wine color. the pigment does look intimidating in the packaging, it looks extremely sparkley but once you get it on your eyelids it is soo pretty and not too sparkley. I was so nervous to try this but I am definitely glad I did. Be sure to use this with a primer, as it is loose but definitely worth it. It can create so many different looks depending on how you apply it. Well worth the money I spent on it. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE THIS COLOR! I also use the swirl, buff technique when applying it with the applicator brush it came with and it works really well for me. This is a really lovely purple/pink/brown that looks amazing with my blue/green eyes. I can make it very dramatic (night out with hubby) or very sheer (meeting at kids school). This lasts on me, and I have never had a problem with it creasing. I wouldn't say it is a shimmery/sparkly eyeshadow it is more of an irridescent effect...but it is gorgeous in my opinion. I also have this in INTREPID, and I use that a lot for a smokey eye, but this color is my favorite. A little bit of this product goes a long way, so price v. quantity isn't that bad. It comes in a screw top little canister with a sifter inside. I usually just shake a bit into the lid and then swirl my brush in it. I don't use these wet, simply because I find them hard to apply that way, but I know other reviewers like to wet them. You'd have to try that out for yourself and see how it works for you. In all, I would buy this again.

on 1/5/2008 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this one a lot! The color is a pinkish plum with gold and possibly mauve shimmer, which lends it a coppery appearance in some lights. It changes from straight up mauve to taupe to plum, but it remains lovely throughout. I usually pare it with a darker taupe in the crease, which offsets the pinker aspect of it and keeps it neutral. The shimmer is not small, and there is significant fall out, so I have to hold up a tissue underneath my eyes every time I apply this. The negatives are redeemed by excellent staying power and the great blendability. The brush that comes with it works well, too. Price is $9-12, which isn't cheap, but it really does compare well with MAC pigments. Recommended! EDIT: On closer inspection, this is too shimmery for my tastes. It settles into fine lines I didn't know I had. Still, the excellent staying power compells me to keep this.

This is a strange color as it looks different on different people depending on your skin tone. I have a lot of pink in my skin so this color short of look slike I gave myself a black eye. I don't care tho- I love it anyway! Its a beautiful shade and, imo, VERY comparable to MAC pigments.