L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

4.7

on 5/2/2010 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a really pretty sparkly plum purple. Someone said it was similar to Urban Decay's Last Call but I think Last Call is more of a burgundy. This is a definite purple. I have light skin and dark olive hazel eyes and this looks good on me. It doesn't have glitter but it does have sparkle. One of my favorite HIP pigments.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Hands down, one of the most gorgeous pigments that I own! The color is perfection on my neutral/warm NC20 skin and brings out my green eyes like nothing else, but I could see this being amazing on all eye colors truly. I find this to be very close to UD's Last Call which I also adore, but this is a more amped up version. The texture seems chunky in the container, but actually applies very silky and a tiny goes a looong ways. I just pat my brush on it's side into the lid to get a good amount and push onto my lid where I want the color. If you "rub" this on you will probably get tiny micro fall out, but we are not talking anything like UD's Midnight Cowboy or anything. lol It brushes away easily w/ a large face brush. I typically wear this on the outer 1/2 of my eye both upper and lower lash line, probably the outer 2/3 when gently blended. Stays all day long with UDPP. This is a must buy if you're not too afraid of bold shades

Love, love, love this color. I have never worn purples before, but I had to try this color. It's gorgeous!

on 10/15/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a gorgeous color. I've heard it compared to Circa Plum & Shadowy Lady but I don't think its close to those at all. To me it seems very unique. It's a great browned, purple-pink w/lots of glitter. Very pigmented so if you pat it on w/your brush it only takes a second to get a nice wash.
Haven't played w/it too much yet. Today I tried it as a wash w/Revlon Matte purple in the outer V but not sure I love that look. I might just stick w/a wash, no contouring. But will use black liner, as always.
Update: I posted a swatch pic of several of these shadows. Unashamed is 2nd from the right

on 12/19/2009 11:07:00 PM

First off, BEWARE OF GLITTER!
Second, I love this pigment!!! I got it for almost $6 at ulta and I'm so glad I got it because it is beyond gorgeous! Unshamed is a beautiful deep eggplant color. It has a lot of glitter and can be a bit chunky but it isn't a big deal for me. If you don't like glitter at all, this is NOT for you. The glitter really brings out one's eyes. Beautiful!!

The only con is that it's expensive for a drugstore pigment. It's like $10-$12 for only 0.05 fl oz. I had only got it because it was on sale.

on 10/23/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The pigment in this color was really good, but the actual color itself didnt work on my olive fair skin. I thought it was going to be a pretty pink/brown neutral with shimmer. Its got a lot of purple in it. I didnt know that when I bought it, so it gave me kinda a dirty look....Maybe I should try it paired with a darker purple. Anyway, I would try another color from this line, but I was initially looking for a neutral along the lines of Urban Decays Illegal, but with shimmer. SO all in all i was a lil dissapointed.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

great plum color! its similar to MACs Circa Plum but has a tad bit more of a redish tint to it. i can see where this color could make your eyes look like your having an allergy attack but i dont usually have problems w/ that. id buy again if/when i ran out of circa plum.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is my favorite shade out of all the hip pigments!! Its very vibrant and shimmery and stays out all day with NO creasing!! Looks amazing with gold :)

on 5/27/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this was a bogo at cvs and i decided to try it due to the shimmer it also looks good with the other hip colors. try it wet or dry

on 8/1/2009 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love purples, and this one is a great eggplant shade. I love pairing it with MACs parfait amour. The HIP line is amazing, and I can't wait to try the rest of the shades