Montale Chocolate Greedy

No Image

3.2

on 6/15/2017 7:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Cocoa Puffs? I must have a different batch from the previous reviewers.

The initial blast smells exactly like my Bourbon vanilla extract made with brandy. Then comes a wonderful freshly ground cinnamon smell. The combination evokes French Toast, not Pots de Creme.

This stays rich and smooth and lasts the whole livelong day. I am not a fan of most gourmands because they are overwhelmingly sweet and cloying. This is not that way. This is a gourmand for adults. It's great.

on 10/26/2015 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased a sample spray of this fragrance from First in Fragrance and fell in love with it. It smelled like rolling around in good chocolate with a background of cocoa pebbles cereal. Chocolate heaven and nothing stale, waxy, or reminiscent of scented markers.

Then I bought a full bottle and have been trying to wear it for over a year, but every time, I'm disappointed by the floral/rose notes in this. My sample had no trace of florals, but they're very apparent in the full bottle that I purchased, and they're slightly sour smelling. So now I get 60% delicious chocolate and 40% this sour, dry, strange floral scent.

I wouldn't repurchase.

In the first 10 or 15 minutes, Chocolate Greedy smells rich, warm and dark chocolate. I get a lot of coco and nutty notes. I would have rated it 5 stars if it stayed like that. After 15 minutes, it turns into a synthetic mess. I feel cheated, as if a piece of mouth-watering praline from my favorite chef turned out to be just some mass-market junk food made of poor ingredients.

on 10/23/2013 1:54:00 PM

This is seriously disappointing as it loses its oomph rapidly. With multiple generous spritzes I first get an inviting dark chocolate, or buttery dark chocolate biscuits with some hazelnut. It's a seductive gourmand (seducing either you the gourmand lover or the gourmand lover's partner who likes yummy things). It smells of chocolate; unashamed, unabashed and even chic (to the degree the idea applies to a chocolate gourmand of course). However, be ready to be betrayed and left out in the cold because if you do not have the right chemistry, it will first start to smell somehow flat and weak like Sephora's super affordable milk chocolate note (that unfortuately disappears very quickly). Then there's a phase of vanillic nothingness. I expect more than this at this price range, so it's a no buy for me. The search for 'the' chocolate continues...

on 5/26/2015 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was so excited to get my sample in the mail....only to be disappointed. It smells dead on like Cocoa Pebbles cereal and oranges on me. Just that and nothing more. I've been wearing it for maybe twenty minutes and I'm already developing a headache. Just too cloying for me. So sad!

on 7/2/2014 6:20:00 PM

Smells like chocolate chip cookies. It's fantastic. Many people comment on how lovely the scent in and the bonus is you can spritz yourself as much as you like as it's not cloying.
The fragrance has staying power too.
Bottle looks utilitarian in it's silver colour.
The designers made this little release the reminds me of a grenade release. So it's like a "scent bomb", cheeky humour.

on 8/29/2010 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is pretty good. I don't think i'm a big fan of cocoa/chocolate scents persay, even though im a huge gourmand fan. I'd rather just eat the real thing :) This fragrance is a dead ringer for cocoa puffs cereal and cocoa pebbles cereal. I can really smell the bitter orange and cream come through..yummy. I can also detect some type of floral also.
It's not a fake cocoa scent at all, to me. Very authentic and has some depth, which makes it more.."mature", unlike alot of other chocolate fragrances out there. It's also not over the top sweet, which is good, if you like your gourmands milder. (I love Montale :). Chocolate Greedy, though good, i wish it were a bit more potent..stronger..sweeter..more smoldering lol. Call me crazy, but i think i'd much more prefer Serendipitious as my go to chocolate fragrance over this. It's sweeter (which i like) than CG, but CG is also a very good quality chocolate choice. I think i might have to buy a full bottle of this...it's kind of addicting :)

on 6/16/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Notes: moka bean, bitter orange, cacao cream, vanilla from Madagascar

I'm not a giant chocolate lover, but I do love vanilla and comfort scents. I couldn't resist the reviews that described this as a dead ringer for cocoa puffs or Palmer's cocoa butter, since I love both scents.

The best part of this fragrance is the first minute of wear: It's a boozy, dark chocolate and coffee bean scent, rich and smooth and lovely, but not too sweet at all. This is the only stage of the scent in which it's overtly gourmand, yet not kitsch or too literal.

As the booziness and coffee quality fades (far too quickly!!), I'm left with the scent of straight-up dark chocolate, rich but very dark and slightly stale. If you like the scent of pure dark chocolate, you'll enjoy this fragrance, but I like softer scents--milk chocolate, let's say, and for me the "chocolate bar" scent is far too literal. I feel like there's ways to evoke the smooth, comforting, delicious smell of chocolate without smelling like you actually smeered a dark chocolate bar on your arm.

The drydown, after hours and hours of wear, is also quite lovely. It's a faint chocolate and vanilla, but of course I would like more vanilla and find the chocolate bar quality too overwhelming.

Overall, I never got chocolate cereal or Palmer's from this, but rather a rich, dark chocolate bar that I enjoy but don't particularly want in a fragrance.

I'm puzzled by the poor reviews for this fragrance. It's a lovely cocoa scent rounded off with a buttery, egg-like note that is reminiscent of chocolate custard. Perhaps it's the egg custard vibe that throws people for a loop.

As far as chocolate scents go, I prefer Guerlain Gourmand Coquin over this one, but this is a close second for deliciousness.

Notes: coffee, cacao, tonka bean, bitter orange, vanilla and dried fruits.

This fragrance opens with a delicious gourmand accord. Notes of milk chocolate, roasted hazelnuts, vanilla and sugared cream create the mouth-watering olfactory illusion of praline. As the notes bloom on my skin, the hazelnuts supersede the chocolate and the praline aroma transforms into the Christmassy smell of sugar-coated roasted almonds. The ousted milk chocolate note returns during the last stage of the scents development, making for nutty, vaguely chocolaty dry-down. Although the scent is quite strong at first, it becomes progressively quieter, staying close to the skin. Lasts eight hours on my skin.

Popular Fragrances