Matis Eye & Lip Mask

No Image

4.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My long and expensive search for the perfect moisturizing eyecream is finally over! Matis Eye & Lip Treatment Mask moisturizes and hydrates my dry, mature undereyes and leaves the skin velvety soft and smooth all day, concealer glides on. It's fragrance free and worth the price. Available at spalook, skinone and dermstore.

on 10/24/2009 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A great under eye and lip mask. I tend to prefer it for lips. You can apply it thin or thick as a treatment or mask. Great for hydration.

on 8/10/2009 3:54:00 AM

This is a definite HG item, and one that would be in my top 5 favorite items ever. I've used it for years, and can't be without it. Makes me really wonder about all of the new high-science products coming out. I've tried so many of them, and this does more for me than many more expensive, higher tech eye products. If I could only have one eye cream, this would be the one, because it is a superb moisturizer, doesn't cause sensitivity, milia or puffiness. I'm now at an age (50+) where I need a real eye cream, this one keeps the lines and crepe-texture completely at bay. Lasts after applied-- a tiny amount, twice a day, morning and night is all I need, so the tube lasts forever. Great for lips and above lips too. Just wish it were easier to find, though several online retailers stock it.

on 12/24/2008 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with tashak -this stuff is HG status! It has the consistency of Elmer's Glue, but moisturizes like nothing else on earth. A tiny bit dotted on the eye area and upper lip is all that is needed. Once absorbed it does a beautiful job of smoothing & moisturizing the area. Says "mask" but I use it as a daily eye moisturizer. Now I have my sister hooked on it too....(spread the word!)

on 8/3/2007 8:39:00 PM

Can't believe that there are no reviews for the Matis line. It is difficult to find in the US (beauty.com is a reliable supplier). But this product, their "Eye & Lip Mask" is the one that I keep coming back too, truly worthy of the HG designation.
First, it can be used as a mask, but it is really a very rich cream. According to instructions, you can apply a little, as an eye or lip cream, or a lot (as a mask) and tissue off the excess after sink-in time is allowed. It's a superb barrier/moisturizer for these areas-- very soothing, doesn't sting around the eye, plumps up the eye area butnever causes fluid-retention... and it provides a good base for foundation/concealer after it has time to sink in for a few minutes. I have tried virtually every eye cream ever made, and there is nothing else that seems to have this consistency and effect. I use it at night, during the day, when I am on planes...all the time. It seems unique in that it has both moisturizers that sink in quickly AND a slight residual barrier (assuming you've applied enough), but it is not shiny.

I'm so afraid of running out, that I always have at least a couple tubes in reserve. At $50 per .7 oz tube, it's a bit expensive, but a great value. It saves me from continually trying brands like La Mer, Sisley, Darphin, Shiseido, Chantecaille, etc. etc. etc. And for me, this works better than all of those $90+-for-less-product varieties.

It's on my short-list of must-have-with-me-at-all-times products.