The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner
Aloe Calming Toner

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water (Solvent), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Sorbitol (Humectant), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Glycerin (Humectant), Propanediol (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster).

on 4/24/2017 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wow, am I glad I came back to read the reviews before giving this gentle-seeming product another try! I developed a burning/itching rash on my face right around the time that I originally purchased this and returned it on the off chance that it was the culprit. The rash took forever to go away (and required multiple doctor's visits) even after I discontinued use of this, so I eventually thought maybe something else had caused it. I was just about to give it another shot until I came back to these more recent reviews. Thank goodness for that! Thanks MUAers for saving my poor face!

on 2/6/2017 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Along with a lot of other people on here, I also discocered a rash on my face with tiny bumps everywhere after using this toner! It stayed on my face for 3 days until I finally realized that this stuff was the culprit! Wish I would have read reviews before purchasing, I bought this to calm my skin down not to to anger it. :S I will definitely not be repurchasing .

Despite seeing horrible reviews online about people having rashes after using this product, I still decided to give this a try. Unfortunately, I too, am one of the many who had a burning and itching sensation after applying this on my skin. I never experienced this with any toner before.

I have no idea what ingredient in this toner is causing so many people to have rashes, itchiness, burning sensation etc. Threw away the entire bottle after one use. Please don't waste your money on this product.

on 1/23/2017 4:10:00 PM

This product caused the worst rash on my face ever. All along my jaw line,my cheeks, forehead my skin was red and swollen and burning like hell! It took me two weeks to figure out that it was this product. Be aware.

on 9/1/2016 6:43:00 PM

This toner was great for the first few uses it made my skin feel very soft and was also quite refreshing.

The downside to this toner which is the reason I will no longer use it is the fact that it gave me quite a bad rash all over my face with many tiny bumps, it was itchy and red, maybe an allergic reaction but because of this I will not repurchase.

on 8/25/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is awesome! Ever since I purchased this product, I used it nonstop during my night routine. I like to take a cotton pad and soak it with the toner then, wipe my face with it. This really refreshens and cleans the face. It helps with my acne because I clean the surrounding so that it won't spread. The product doesn't sting my skin and feels light. It's just too good to be true for it's price!

This is so good if you have oily and acne prone skin!! I always find moisturizers to be too heavy on my skin but since I've discovered this my skincare and makeup changed completely!!It gives to my skin so much moisture and glow without being greasy!All my dry patches and red issues are gone!The best part is that shootes my acne prone skin so well and my tea tree bb cream looks so goooood on top of it!!!!I love this !I have recently ran out of this and I really want to get a new one!

Pros:
Moisturizes but still cleans off traces of dirt.
Rinsing my face with water and ending with this was all I needed to keep my face clean. (Keep in mind I don't use makeup)
Never got any clogged pores or acne from this.
No fragrance or alcohol!

Cons:
Considering the price, there could have been more aloe vera in it! (It is still cheap enough for me to buy it though)
Even though Bodyshop's products are not being tested on animals, this company is still owned by Loreal who are known to do animal-testing.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was recommended this by the sales girl at tbs when I told her I was looking for a toner and have quite sensitive skin.
At first I thought it was good, it was refreshing, it didn'the have any weird ingredients and it was good at removing any residual grime/cleanser left on my face.
However, after about a week of regular use morning and night I noticed my skin started drying out really badly. To the point my skin was becoming sore, especially the delicate skin under my eyes. I stopped using this for a couple of months and a few nights ago decided to test if the toner was the cause and used it one night before bed. It burnt a bit when I put it on this time but I'm sort of used to that with my sensitive skin.
The next morning woke up with sore, dry skin again so it definitely is this toner.

Pity because I find the amount good value for money but just makes my skin worse so will definitely not be repurchasing.

on 3/26/2016 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been going through 1-2 months of trying new products, (if my skin reacts straight away, I have to reject the product). I tried the cleanser first and then decided to buy the full line. After a week of trying, I found it was the toner that was causing my skin to react.

It's suppose to be alcohol free, but there is something in there that's drying my skin out as after using it, my cheeks (driest area of face) would get irritated and itchy throughout the day. I would go for the cleanser but not for the toner.