The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner
Aloe Calming Toner

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua/Water (Solvent), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Sorbitol (Humectant), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Glycerin (Humectant), Propanediol (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster).

on 4/27/2018 1:10:00 PM

BROKE ME OUT!!! I do not have sensitive skin, nor do I have any other skin conditions. However, after using this toner for a month, i started to get red bumps on the areas where I had been using it. At first it was fine, then slowly I started developing texture on my skin leading to bumps then small pimples. I was shocked!! My skin is always clear with the exception of a few pimples here and there. Right off the bat, I knew it has to be one of the products I had been using. To counteract the pimples, I used more and more of this toner thinking it could fix this and the worse it got to the point where I could not recognize my skin anymore(some patches where toner was heavily used). Anyway, I had a feeling it was a toner that I was using since I was using this along with the First Aid Beauty facial radiance pads. I stopped using the radiance pads as that had more ingredients listed, however the problem persisted. I looked at the TBS aloe toner ingredients that has merely 6 ingredients listed. So, i started googling the product for reviews and found A LOT of girls complaining about the same exact reaction they got from this product.
Immediately, i went and washed my face and slabbed on tons of Aloe Vera gel which fixed the problem by the next morning. AVOID THIS PRODUCT!!!

on 4/14/2018 6:42:00 AM

Bought this as I saw it contained no nasty chemicals etc and when I started using it I developed a red itchy bumpy rash and normally I never react to products and I take care of my skin. I was gutted when the rash came out I couldn’t wear makeup without it looking like I was covering up ache. Few of my friends said the same happened to them. To say it’s supposed to be for sensitive skin I’d never recommend to anyone nearly 2 weeks later and still recovering from the rash

on 4/24/2017 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wow, am I glad I came back to read the reviews before giving this gentle-seeming product another try! I developed a burning/itching rash on my face right around the time that I originally purchased this and returned it on the off chance that it was the culprit. The rash took forever to go away (and required multiple doctor's visits) even after I discontinued use of this, so I eventually thought maybe something else had caused it. I was just about to give it another shot until I came back to these more recent reviews. Thank goodness for that! Thanks MUAers for saving my poor face!

on 2/6/2017 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Along with a lot of other people on here, I also discocered a rash on my face with tiny bumps everywhere after using this toner! It stayed on my face for 3 days until I finally realized that this stuff was the culprit! Wish I would have read reviews before purchasing, I bought this to calm my skin down not to to anger it. :S I will definitely not be repurchasing .

Despite seeing horrible reviews online about people having rashes after using this product, I still decided to give this a try. Unfortunately, I too, am one of the many who had a burning and itching sensation after applying this on my skin. I never experienced this with any toner before.

I have no idea what ingredient in this toner is causing so many people to have rashes, itchiness, burning sensation etc. Threw away the entire bottle after one use. Please don't waste your money on this product.

on 1/23/2017 4:10:00 PM

This product caused the worst rash on my face ever. All along my jaw line,my cheeks, forehead my skin was red and swollen and burning like hell! It took me two weeks to figure out that it was this product. Be aware.

on 9/1/2016 6:43:00 PM

This toner was great for the first few uses it made my skin feel very soft and was also quite refreshing.

The downside to this toner which is the reason I will no longer use it is the fact that it gave me quite a bad rash all over my face with many tiny bumps, it was itchy and red, maybe an allergic reaction but because of this I will not repurchase.

on 8/25/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is awesome! Ever since I purchased this product, I used it nonstop during my night routine. I like to take a cotton pad and soak it with the toner then, wipe my face with it. This really refreshens and cleans the face. It helps with my acne because I clean the surrounding so that it won't spread. The product doesn't sting my skin and feels light. It's just too good to be true for it's price!

Pros:
Moisturizes but still cleans off traces of dirt.
Rinsing my face with water and ending with this was all I needed to keep my face clean. (Keep in mind I don't use makeup)
Never got any clogged pores or acne from this.
No fragrance or alcohol!

Cons:
Considering the price, there could have been more aloe vera in it! (It is still cheap enough for me to buy it though)
Even though Bodyshop's products are not being tested on animals, this company is still owned by Loreal who are known to do animal-testing.

This is so good if you have oily and acne prone skin!! I always find moisturizers to be too heavy on my skin but since I've discovered this my skincare and makeup changed completely!!It gives to my skin so much moisture and glow without being greasy!All my dry patches and red issues are gone!The best part is that shootes my acne prone skin so well and my tea tree bb cream looks so goooood on top of it!!!!I love this !I have recently ran out of this and I really want to get a new one!