4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

Received a sample from Sephora - nice scent (my husband loves it) and moisturizing without being greasy.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I love the Pure Vanilla b.b. b/c it has no parabens, chemicals. I didn't think I'd appreciate a vanilla scent but this one is different...very elegant formulation (did not like the Vanilla Grapefruit body butter though).

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Tan

from

11 years ago

Non-greasy, moisturizing, lovely scent. I received this as a sample with my Sephora order.

About reviewer (214 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

12 years ago

This is a great, non-greasy body butter. It moisturizes well and smells fantastic. Mine smells just like the perfume. I wonder if the people who thought it smelled completely different got a bad batch.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

12 years ago

I bought Pure Vanilla because I love the smell of vanilla. However, this scent is not the vanilla I'm used to. To me, it smells like some sort of nut, or maybe the shea butter, idk, the scent is unidentifiable for me. But I do smell a small hint of vanilla. The scent of this bb would be better if the vanilla scent was greater. However, the scent is bearable. And since I apply this at night after I shower, when i wake up the next morning, the scent is pretty much gone. And all I'm left with is incredibly soft skin. My skin has never been this soft. Just after one application of this, my skin is so soft and the softness lasts even after I shower and don't apply more lotion. This is the best body cream I've used.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Other

1.0

12 years ago

Ewww....I love LaVanila's Pure Vanilla perfume so I bought the body butter thinking it would at least resemble that scent. Clearly I was mistaken. Like someone said in one of the reviews below, I don't know what this scent is but it's not vanilla. It's very unpleasant and nauseating even. What the heck is this stuff? This is nothing like the perfume scent of the same name. I am so disappointed. I love the feeling of this body butter but this stuff smells putrid! It's going back to Sephora (I don't get this because the Lavanila Coconut body butter smelled exactly like the Lavanila Coconut fragrance however this doesn't even remotely smell like their pure vanilla)! Ugh!

About reviewer (293 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

12 years ago

I'm a huge fan of the LaVanila body butters. They have the most amazing consistency out of any moisturizer out there and to boot, they smell wonderful. Although the name of this is Pure Vanilla, it's not the usual contemporary vanilla fragrance. It might take a little getting used to for some, but to me it smells like soft lemon with a vanilla bean undertone. Very classic and wearable scent. These body butters are great because the fragrance lasts so long and they make your skin feel extremely soft and silky. I can't rave enough about the LaVanila body butter line... definitely will be repurchasing!

About reviewer (146 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

EyesHazel

12 years ago

I think I like this scent the best out of the 3. It does smell like vanilla but not the vanilla I'm used to it has a strong undertone but can't figure out exactly what it is. So far it moisturizes well.

About reviewer (511 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

12 years ago

I was extremely disappointed in this product. As the name is Pure Vanilla I thought it would smell like vanilla. Well, it DOESN'T. My nose is not sophisticated enough for this product I guess. I'm not sure what it smells like but it's not vanilla and it is not pleasant. The texture of the body butter was lovely enough. I sent this back to Sephora ASAP!

About reviewer (270 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

12 years ago

i love this body butter. i find most body butters too greasy and it doesn't tend to sink into your skin, but the lavanila body butter really sinks in to heal and moisturize. and it smells really really nice.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone