no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

The perfume smells better. I also use their deodorant everyday. It is not antipersperiant and is for people who don't sweat much.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Other

EyesBrown

5 years ago

The smell isn't as good as the perfume and it doesn't smell like cakey vanilla more like a perfume mixed with vanilla extract but it smells nice, strong, but nice and it really really really moisturizes my skin my hands get suuuper dry after I wash them and I usually have to apply like 2 layers of hand lotion to make them feel good, i just use a little of this once and my hands feel like a baby butt!

About reviewer (153 reviews)

6 years ago

I live in northern Canada right now. It routinely gets to -40 in winter and the air is extremely dry. The water is very hard, and as you can imagine, my skin gets reptile-like pretty quickly. Regular lotions do nothing to combat the problem, nor do most body butters. I got this because my Lavanila deodorant experiment failed miserably, but I liked the scent of the products. I decided to give the body butter a try. I chose Vanilla because, well, I like vanilla and it seemed like a pretty safe bet. Scent: A slightly musky vanilla. Not really vanilla cake/frosting like some vanillas can be, which is nice. I would say it's a gourmand scent, it just has musky notes and powdery notes to kind of tone it down so it's not like you rubbed a vat of vanilla buttercream all over your body. This is best suited to be a cold weather scent IMO. Texture: This is a really nice viscocity. It isn't runny in the slightest, but isn't so thick that it's difficult to get out of the tube. It spreads easily and smoothly and feels nice on the skin. The ONE issue I have with this is that when you first start rubbing it in, it's very white. I actually got a bit worried, because you keep rubbing and it just spreads the white around and you're left with white all over your skin. This rubs in pretty quickly though, and it soaks in super fast and doesn't leave a greasy or oily feeling on your skin at all. Usually quick to soak in means quick to stop working too, but that isn't the case with this. It actually keeps my skin hydrated in these extreme conditions all day. Would definitely repurchase, but will probably check out another scent for spring. Maybe the grapefruit one.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

My favorite! It's all natural and I feel like it's super great for my skin. Pure vanilla is the best scent for winter--there's a real warmth to it and it lingers for hours. (I go for vanilla coconut in the summer.) Totally worth the price.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

3.0

9 years ago

I like the scent and the moisturizing qualities of the lotion, but it is extremely pungent. It smells nice, but the scent is WAY too strong. I felt like I was being choked by it while applying it in my small bathroom....next time, I'll have to be in a more ventilated area. For this reason, I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (477 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I love this stuff so much that when I can no longer squeeze more out of the tube I cut off the end and get at the rest of the product that way! It smells lovely and is very rich. I use it on my legs and they continue to feel smooth and moisturized the next day.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

9 years ago

I love the Pure Vanilla scent, but something is different about this one. It doesn't smell as rich as the perfume/rollerball, but rather plasticky. It was actually nauseating after a while. Disappointed, planning to return it.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Tan

EyesGray

9 years ago

My skin on my legs and arms has been sooo dry that my skin almost aches. I received a sample of this product and was initially unimpressed when I used it on my hands as a hand lotion. It does not smell like bath and body works super scented lotions but has a light sweet fragrance that has a natural note. I actually like this better bc I feel strong scents interfere with perfume. ANYWAYS, I used this on my legs on a whim and have fallen in love. It soaks in very quickly but leaves my skin feeling fantastic. People are complaining that the product is not as thick as other body butters but it does not need to be. This is not a product that you will feel sitting on top of your skin and that is because it is soaking in and WORKING!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

10 years ago

The skin on my hands react horribly to any silicones in hand cream and it was only after a horrendous reaction from one highly touted hand cream that I realized it was the "cones" wreaking the havoc (small hard raised bumps). It has taken almost two years for me to get rid of the bumps and the pockets left over and I credit LaVanila for it. The cream is supposed to be used for the body but I use it strictly for hands and elbows; I like the scent and find it soothing as well as very moisturizing without being thick and heavy. A small amount is all that is needed. The price is reasonable and since I use it only as hand cream it lasts several months if not more. I have re-purchased it several times in the past 2 years and will continue to do so.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

3.0

11 years ago

I was hoping this would smell just like the Pure Vanilla fragrance but sadly it does not. When I first applied this to my skin I was so confused because of the utter lack of resemblance it posesses in comparison to the perfume. I kept checking to make sure the tube said PURE VANILLA. The scent of this is like a really old Vanilla scented Glade plug in. It's light and smells like it USED to smell amazing. But the product in the tube is nothing special on it's own. I have found that it does in fact compliment the Pure Vanilla Fragrance when worn TOGETHER. I just can't shake the feeling that this budy butter is incomplete. It's as if they started blending the fragrance notes during production then stopped after the base note. It's not complex like the perfume. Texture wise it is very light, which feels good if you're looking for that. However this is called a body BUTTER. Body butters are usually far thicker and richer in consistency than this. So perhaps it would be better advertising to label this a body LOTION because that's essentially what this is. I give this 3 lippies because it does indeed compliment the fragrance when worn in conjunction. I took one off because I'm not a fan of the smell by itself and another one off because I wish this were richer and more moisturizing.

About reviewer (406 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm