Smashbox Decadence Photo Finish Lip Luxe in Socialite

3.0

1 review

on 7/30/2007 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is from the brand new collection from Smashbox called Decadence, released July 2007. I was immediately taken with this collection and grabbed almost everything. This lipstick looks like the perfect nude rose color. Comes in a sleek pewter shiny tube with a tiny flip top mirror on the end with a sheer gold shimmer gloss. I love the design. having the mirror on the end is awesome. I like the idea of having a gloss too, but you have to apply it with your finger or brush since its just a smallish pot at the end of the tube. I dont like putting my finger in gloss so that kinda turned me off. The lipstick is described as a sandwash pink and thats basically what it is. I thought it would be a little more nude/brown, but its really pink. Almost too much so for my NC30 light olive complexion. Definately cool toned. But i liked the tube so much, i was still considering keeping it. That is until i swatched it against my existing lippies and found its almost an exact match to EL Nude Rose. Maybe just a hint more softer/paler. But really close. (the Estee lauder is the free gift lipstick in the Nordstrom Anniversary 2007 GWP). So at $28 for this tube, its going back. Its not my HG color and i have a freebie almost identical, so this isnt worth the price for me.