Orly Pink Chocolate

4.8

on 10/23/2013 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a gorgeous color that unfortunately did not work on me or perhaps I was just not comfortable with it against my NW46 skin tone. I gave it to my mother whose skin brought out the beauty of this rather unique shade. It's not red but it's not really pink, not in the traditional sense anyways. The best way I can describe it is a deeper reddish pink with a whisper of chocolate. The formula is fantastic too.

While I no longer have it for comparison, I did run into a Wet n Wild nail polish that really reminded me of Pink Chocolate. I don't remember but I think it may have been Casting Call? Can't remember but it is in their current selection. When next I stop by, I will check the name and update this review.

Beautiful pinky brown colours. I find it quite unique. Perfect for every day wear, especially in colder months. Looks good against pale skin. Dries quickly. 2 coats are needed.
Like most ORLY nail polishes provides a super smooth finish. No streaking, very thin layers give a lot of opacity.

I love this color, it dries very fast and you donīt need more than 2 coats.

on 1/25/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this color. I'm a huge fan of cremes, and anything that is brown-based, so this is the perfect rose for me. I chose this color to wear on my wedding day, and it was absolutely perfect. The color looks exactly like the name- Pink Chocolate. It's a true creme with no shimmer or glitter whatsoever.

I love that it is a pink without being teenybopper, and that the formula allows for opaque coverage in two coats. My favorite part of Orly is the rubberized cap; it's so easy to do a perfect self-manicure. I recommend this color to everyone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a very lovely color. It was so easy to apply. It looked smooth with no streaks. Overall, I really like the color. It's a warm pink with a brown tint. The price is pretty good too. I paid $8.50.

on 9/28/2012 4:33:00 PM

This is the shade of pink that I have been looking for! It's a beautiful creamy mauve that applies smoothly. It's not too yellow or orange (I was worried it was a duplicate of OPI's "Baguette Me Not") and is instead a more purple/blue-based pink. Pink Chocolate reminds me of a shade of Revlon polish from the late 80s/early 90s that my mom had and painted my nails one afternoon when I was a child. Nostalgia aside, this is a great color that you can wear in any season and has a vintage look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love this! The colour is a bit unusual among pinks and suits my pale skin very well. Once applied to the nail it's durable. I have also used it with small brushes for nail art and it worked well because of the free flowing formulation.

on 5/27/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I only needed one coat! This polish is thick but not goopy. I noticed that it lasts a lot longer without a top coat (Mine is sally hansen's) but maybe it's just me. It's also incredibly shiny without a top coat. 5/5

on 3/26/2010 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Love the color. Love the name. It's a dusty antique rose sort of pink like others have mentioned and probably compliments all skin tones. It also applies smooth and one coat is enough to make the polish opaque. Will definately buy again.

Pink Chocolate is an almost dusty dark pink (mauve) that applies very smoothly. It is a bit darker on my nails than in the bottle, as noted. It is creamy and hasn't chipped for me in several days. All I needed was one coat, too. Very cute polish, I would definitely repurchase!

Popular Polishes