Boots No7 Refine & Rewind Intense Perfecting Serum

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Boots  No7 Refine & Rewind Intense Perfecting Serum
No7 Refine & Rewind Intense Perfecting Serum

1 review

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexsiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Retinyl Palmitate, Methylparaben

Let me start with two caveats...
1) I received this product from the UK and they use different names there...mine is called protect and perfect intense but it has the exact same ingredients as the refine and rewind intense serum available in Canada. This review is for either the rewind and refine intense or the protect and perfect intense UK (the key is the term INTENSE somewhere in the title which this one has although it is not written in this product review title).

2) I am not a serum person and I do not have much to compare to

On to the good stuff.

Application:
I was worried that a serum would feel heavy, sticky, OTT in combination with sunscreen and moisturizer. This could not be further from the truth. This product is light and pleasant to apply. It is easily absorbed and leaves no scent and feeling at all.

Effectiveness:
Well, within the first couple of days I developed a couple of volcanic sized pimples (which is extremely rare for me...almost never happens). I was ready to toss the stuff when my friend suggested that the product might be cleansing my skin and removing the deep down dirt in the pores. She suggested I wait a week. I didn't even have to wait that long. After that one initial break-out, I started to notice an almost immediate improvement in my skin. I'm not saying my skin looked 10 years younger, but there was an overall improvement in evenness and brightness. Just generally nicer skin. I found myself using foundation less often and feeling good about it. As for reduction in wrinkles, there may be some minor improvement but it has not been that long. I have used half a bottle (probably about a month or so now?) and so I don't expect miracles. But I have gone out and purchased more (which says quite alot coming from a non-serum-using woman). I will update in future months as to the effectiveness on wrinkles (mild and deep). I would not be surprised to see positive effects as the product contains retinol and other ingredients proven to be effective (but at a much more reasonable price point then most...about $20 US, $25 Canadian).

General Info:
I am 44 years old with early signs of aging with some deep wrinkles (e.g. the 11 between the eyes). Other then this, I only use moisturizer and sunscreen (religiously). Overall my skin is normal.