Equate Acne Treatment Cream Vanishing Formula [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

on 4/16/2011 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This stuff really works on my very acne prone skin. I applied this on my horrible acne attacked face on Sunday evening...by Saturday, all acnes were gone..every single one of them!

on 1/1/2011 2:01:00 PM

ummm i love this product, it actually works but ive gone to walmart and couldnt find it i think its been discontinued

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i tried this product long time ago i remember applying this at night and the pimple was so much more smaller the next morning. i got it at wal-mart for $2

i am going to buy it again soon and i'll update
edit: ok they only sell this on wal-mart, i checked on rite-aid and target but they didn't have it =(
so look for it at wal-mart!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have had this for a while and decided to pull it out of the cabinet. Due to various product overuse on my face I had some pretty large (large to me!) eruptions on my cheek and jawline, that have been unrelenting to other products. I must say that this product is really shrinking the pimples...kind of overnight! It does not rub in well at all, and yes it is gritty, and yes it leaves a white residue, therefore I use it at night only. I can put up with the glitches of this product as long as it continues to do what it is doing, and that is going DEEP DOWN to eradicate my pimples! After multiple salicylic acid products, I have come to realize that 10% Benzoyl Peroxide is better as a topical/spot treatment for me! And the cost of this is great too!

I picked this up in an effort to save money. I was using BP product from Paula's Choice. Frankly my goal is to cut out ordering skin care products online because I am sick of paying double for products after shipping. And all those companies try to get you to spend a certain amount to get free shipping or points or whatever. I never dreamed this stuff would work so well. I use only a small amount at night on problem areas because I have sensitive skin and it is amazing. It makes me even more disappointed in Paula's products because she gives other product lines a real hard time for overpricing "standard ingredients". This stuff is great and way cheaper than hers. Also, I like the consistancy of this better and it absorbs better in my skin. As a result I have replaced quite a few products in my routine and I can't believe how much money I am saving not to mention the time constantly looking for cheaper products, reading ingredient lists, reading reviews. I am completely satisfied with this product and don't feel the need to stray. I will continue to purchase even though I don't like Wal-Mart. A girl's gotta do what girl's gotta do.

on 11/1/2007 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG acne-fighting product! I purchase it for under $2 at my local Walmart, and use it in conjunction with Ponds Fresh Start Daily Exfoliating Cleanser (also available at Walmart, for under $5.50).

I have tried many different 10% Benzoyl Peroxide formulas with no success. Clearasil was too watery/gritty for me. AcneFree's left a lot of white streaks on my face... not good for when you want to apply moisturizer and makeup afterwards. Clean & Clear was a pretty good product, but could also be a little streaky and hard to apply at times.

Believe it or not, I actually love the consistancy of this value-priced acne cream. It spreads easily, and sinks into my skin very quickly. Applying my moisturizer, concealer and foundation afterwards is no problem with this cream. There is no notable "medicinal" scent, or any other scent for that matter.

I did give this product a 4 for packaging, however, because I agree with other reviewers that a flip-top would greatly improve the ease-of-use factor. However, if a screw cap is what it takes to keep this product so low price, I won't complain.

All in all, I would highly suggest this product for any oily, acne-prone individuals. I also strongly recommend cleansing your face with the Pond's Fresh Start Daily Exfoliating Cleanser before applying this cream -- the combination's acne-fighting power can't be beat! (And I've tried every combo kit... from Clean & Clear to AcneFree to Proactiv... the list goes on.)

on 9/8/2007 11:50:00 PM

This is the Wal-Mart store brand version; I bought this because it appeared to be identical to Clean&Clear Persa-Gel (10% benzoyl peroxide), but exactly HALF the cost! I even checked the ingredients list, which was also identical.
My problem with this stuff was the texture. Somehow it doesn't absorb as well into my skin as the C&C, and I end up with a lot of white residue all over my face. It sort of balls up a little bit on my skin. The only explanations I can think of are that either the tube I got is old (but it's not expired!) or maybe it has to do with the amounts/ratios of ingredients? Who knows.
I much prefer C&C, but this stuff does the job and I guess for the cheap price it is still worth the minor flaws.

Some people call me cheap, I prefer frugal. That being said I decided to try this product instead of Clearasil (which is more that double the price)...2 words...LOVE IT!!! I find this to be much gentler than Clearasil but with similar acne fighting results, both products have 10% Benzoyl Peroxide. The main problems that I found when using Clearasil would be the following: first my skin of course would dry out around the zit, peel, then get even more red due the peeling of my skin. I don't have this problem when I use the Equate product. I highly recommend this product!!

on 7/30/2007 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I use this producty regularly. I love that it's a decent sized tube of 10% for less than $2.00. I wouldn't mind a fliptop on it either.

on 7/29/2007 10:40:00 PM

Equate is Wal-mart's generic brand of Health & Beauty Aids.

This product is a thick, white 10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream in 1 oz plastic squeeze tube with a scew cap. The cardboard outer packaging has the wording "Compare to Clearasil active ingredient" on it. The inactive ingredients are aluminum hydroxide gel, bentonite, carbomer-940, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate SE, isopropyl myristate, methylparaben, PEG-12, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, propylparaben and purified water. It sells at Wal-mart for under $2.00.

This is one of my HG acne fighting products, in combination with a botanical oil cleanser (Noxema Original) an AHA exfloliating cleanser (Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser). I used to use OXY10 products years ago, but after trying this, I found it works better and is a fraction of the price. Yes, this can cause drying and peeling, but if you are used to 10% benzoyl peroxide products, this is not an issue for you. I would not recommend this to someone who has not used a 10% benzoyl peroxide product before, however. I find that just a thin layer of this, applied at night, will do. Once it is worked into the skin, it does vanish (no white residue unless you apply too much). I also use it for spot-treating stubborn blemishes. Please be aware that this will bleach clothing and bedding, however. I find this highly effective, but I do wish it came with a flip-open cap instead of a screw-on.

TIP: The strong bleaching side effect of this is the reason I use it in the laundry for stubborn stain removal on bleachable whites. I make sure the stain is wetted with cold water and work a dab of this cream in from back to front and front to back, and let it sit overnight before laundering. It doesn't work on everything, as no stain removal method will, but I've had it work on many a stain!

Summary: Dirt cheap and highly effective, with a side use. Give it a try!