Laura Mercier Lip Stain in Shy Pink

Laura Mercier Lip Stain in Shy Pink

3.8

on 6/2/2016 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This definitely lasts longer than a regular lipstick but I wouldn't quite call it a stain. The colour is a brownish pink that is a bit too frosty and a little orange for my taste. I find the pot too messy and not very portable. The formula is drying but I expected that with a long lasting lip product. I don't recommend this, try Palladio lip stain if you want long lasting colour. Would not repurchase.

on 1/29/2013 9:37:00 PM

Pretty color but very, very drying once on the lips. It is a matte, light pink (not glossy at all) which gives a natural look, which I like, but it is just too drying.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/1/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I like this, it is a warm pink that I like as a neutral lip (MLBB?) to some smoky eyes or an everyday work look.
It is like a mostly matte lipstick, and it does come in a glass pot that you have to already have a lipstick brush for as it doesnt come with one.
I dont have the same drying problems that others seem to have with this. I line my lips and fill them in with LM plumberry lip liner and then top it off with this stain in shy pink, using a lip brush. This combination lasts me half the day, after which I just swipe on a non sticky, non slippery lip balm and then top off again with shy pink.

on 3/26/2011 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As others have said, this is more of a lipstick in a pot. The color is similar to my natural color but still looks nice. The formula is very drying. Even with a balm underneath it's very dry. Doesn't sink into my fine lines but I'm only 21 so there isn't many. It tends to get on my teeth a lot, which is weird for a "stain". Probably wouldn't purchase again due to price.

on 3/20/2011 11:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a good neutral, warm-ish pink. It's too similar in color and finish to my natural lips to really keep this, though. I didn't observe this product to stain my lips either. It was a near-matte lipstick in a jar.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Looks great when you see it online as single colours but is far from how it looks. It is very sheap looking adn is very unatural and shimmery. I have both the sugar violet and the mulberry which have shimmmer in them and it looks like marketstall stuff. The typical Laura Mercier pacaking plain and simple in a pot which is a nice size it really just doesnt have the texture of the balm that I was expecting. I was unimpressed and didnt find it moisturising. I am an avid lip balm fan and love colourful tints but I expect them to be moisturising and too look natural and minimal and this did nothing that I wanted. It left a stain behind on my lips which was glittery and cheap. I really dilike this stuff and it is overpriced. I do like other products ni this range and find them to be quality but on this occasion this is not like the quality of this brand and I definately expect a lto better for the price I am paying for this.

PROS: Color was very similar on the lips as it was in the package. Just a hint of frost to it. Natural on me, and I'm a N15, leaning toward NC. Felt good on the lips for a stain; didn't dry me out.

CONS: Some people won't like that it's in a pot. Doesn't come with a brush.

on 10/29/2010 9:33:00 PM

So I loved the color on me, really nice toned down pink. BUT the product is soooo drying, it sits in all the lines on your lip, it is terrible! I tried to use a lipbalm under it (Burts B. and also the expensive Dr.Hauschka!) but nothing helped. I think I just stick to my Estee L.lipsticks, those I really like, they are creamy and moisturizing, never dry, not like this one. I thought I had a perfect product, I didn`t mind the jar and the application, but it is so drying, shows all the lines on your lip! :-(

on 8/26/2010 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried quite a few soft pink coloured lipsticks and somehow they don't quite work for me. Either they washed me out or somehow made me look rather dull or turned out too 'baby-doll. This is one of those rare finds which brighten up my face with understated chic. Add a tiny blob of gloss and you are done. Even my usually reticent hubby commented it looked nice. The tub doesn't bother me at all, I find it quite fun dabbing my lipbrush in it and painting my lips in such wearable pink. The price ah..... this LM baby costs almost $32 here in Singapore. But because I love it so much and probably use every bit of it, the price is something I'll take it in my stride.

CONS: Some people won't like that it's in a pot. Doesn't come with a brush.

Popular Lips Products