3.4

price range

Reviews

1.0

5 years ago

Had this bottle sitting on my shelf for years (probably out of date) but I never was a fan of this. My hair hates oil, so whenever I would put this on my dry hair my hair would shed and feel dry. This product works best on wet hair. I will dust the cobwebs off and try again on wet hair and update this review. I'm desperately trying to find a moisturising product that won't weigh my hair down, keep the bounce and make it super soft. (Doubt this will be the product but I will try again)

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Not Sure

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

8 years ago

I've just found a new beautician who used this on my hair and I purchased it. My scalp is usually itchy but this has worked wonders, my scalp isn't itchy and my hair is shiny and not breaking.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

9 years ago

This is good because it's not as greasy as most other similar moisturizers. In face, it's not greasy at all. It doesn't have that great keracare scent but that's ok. I will say I don't use this product while wearing my hair straight. I use it in between washes and usually use it to slick hair back so I can't vouch for how it works on a flat iron/ press.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

10 years ago

If you have dry, itchy scalp that is not related to dandruff, then you must buy this. I have had this issue for two years and tried so many products, none of which worked. I bought this from a recommendation from the Hair Board and it works. It is the only product I have ever tried for this problem that really works. You can use it on damp or dry hair. I apply it to the tips of my fingers and massage it into the scalp where I have problems. I can say 100% that since I have been using this, I have not had one single day with itchy scalp. You use so little product each time making the amount paid for the bottle well worth it. I highly recommend this!

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

I just wanted to chime in and say this product like other "oil moisturizers" are best applied to wet hair to seal in the moisture. They do absolutely nothing on dry hair. This has been my experience. I do use Keracare Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil along with Keracare setting lotion for rollersets. The two work good together, my hair is bouncy, not weighed down at all by using these two together as recommended on the bottle and the website.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

SkinOily

11 years ago

This weighs my hair down even if I apply a small amount. It's just too heavy if you like your hair to have a little bounce to it. It does moisturize your hair but with more of a greasy look than a sheen. Since I can't bear to waste a product I had resorted to applying this only when I was going to wash my hair the very next morning. We have since discovered that my DH loves this for his hair so I have already repurchased a bottle for him. Three Lippies since he loves it.

About reviewer (717 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

12 years ago

It is a great product for texturized hair! I used it before having my hair processed and it was not that good. After the chemical process with Avlon relaxer, it seems to be another product. It really enhances my curls, diminishes the frizz and give me a 2nd day hair. It is also good if used with Essential Oils, also produced by Avlon. My hair is a mixture of 3C and 4A.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark

from

12 years ago

I purchased this in my search of a night-time moisturizer that I could use when my hair is natural and when I straighten it. I have 3b/c hair which I wear straight the majority of the time. I had been using Clairol's Vitapointe for years; my mom used it on my hair when I was little, as it's light, not greasy, and doesn't weigh my hair down. I feel that this is pretty comparable to Vitapointe on most levels, including price. PROS: This is light, not greasy, and sufficiently moisturizing for my mid-back hair with a pea-sized amount.It also contains castor and jojoba oils: two of my favorite hair moisturizers. CONS: I think this is perfect for when my hair is natural, but when it's straight, and more susceptible to being weighed down by moisture, this is a bit too heavy . It also has a fragrance that lingers. The rest of the ingredients are as follows: water, mineral oil, beeswax, castor oil, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Dimethicone, Sodium Borate, Cetyl Alcohol, panthenol, sorbitan sesquioleate, polysorbate 80, jojoba oil, aloe oil,tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), Retinol (vitamin A), Cholrcalciferol (Vitamin D3), Perfume, Methylparaben, Oroplyparaben, imidazolidinyl Ureah, BHT. Soooo I think this company is almost guilty of angel dusting by putting "with jojoba oil" in the product title, and banking on the popularity of jojoba oil, even while it's so far down on the ingredient list (granted, more jojoba oil in the product may ruin the consistency, and I wouldn't expect more, but I do expect honest advertising, and the fact that jojoba oil is listed in the product name, when it could be listed on the rear in the product description and be just as appealing is a bit misleading). OVERALL: with THOSE ingredients listed, as they're less-than-appealing to my organic-product-crazed cosmetic (and lifestyle:) taste (not to mention many of them are horrible for the health of hair), I think I'll continue my search for the perfect moisturizer, even if I have to add my own jojoba oil to it. I won't repurchase.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

This is really hard to spread through the hair, but once it sinks in, it moisturizes and gives a nice, glossy sheen. Suitable for those with dry hair or scalp. It also doesn't weigh down my hair as much and a little goes a long way.

About reviewer (2203 reviews)

Age19-24