Victoria's Secret Drenched in Pink Fresh & Clean Supersoft Body Lotion

Drenched in Pink Fresh & Clean Supersoft Body Lotion

4.4

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I worked at Victoria's Secret for five years so I remember each smell very well. I don't like this scent. I don't know how to describe it, its a clean scent yes, but (best word for it is) dry. It gives me a headache. However, Its one of the most popular scents in the PINK collection. I really tried to like it, but its just not for me.

on 4/14/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this product when it came out originally in 2006/2007. The original "fresh and clean' scent was undeniable the best I had used. You could shower with this product and still have the scent on you 12 hours later. I know this for a fact b/c im a RN and worked 12hr shifts at the time .

However, the product went off the market for a few months and when it returned, the scent was noticeable weaker. Now it isn't as enticing to me as before. I was wondering if anyone else had this same speculation. I would really love to have the original scent back. The scents out there now just isn't the same. So those of you that are new to this product, if you like it now, you would have absolutely loved it, a few years ago.... Sad its gone

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I hate to be the dissenter, but I'm really not wild about this lotion. I'm glad I used the tester and let it settle into my skin before buying it, because there's no way I'd buy this. In the bottle, it smells pretty nice--very lemony and slightly sweet, with a slight and light perfume undertone. But once I put it on and it warmed up, I didn't like the scent so much. As I was reading through these reviews, someone else pinpointed exactly what it smells like--lemon pez. It's not a decidedly bad smell, just not something I want all over me. As the lotion settled more, the sweetness faded to more of just the perfume scent, which, though I don't like perfumes, in general, was pretty nice. Still, it's not what I was looking for, which was a light, crisp, clean fragrance.

As far as the texture of the lotion, while it's definitely better than a drugstore lotion that has mineral oil as the second ingredient, it's not really all that moisturizing. It left my skin soft enough, but not nearly as hydrated as if I were using something that moisturizes with shea butter or jojoba oil. Still, better than most drugstore lotions. For the record, this lotion is petrolatum-based.

on 5/30/2009 12:36:00 AM

After reading all the reviews on this product, I almost wonder if I got an "off" batch or something. I bought it unsniffed from BBW based on the rave reviews here. When I got home and put it on, it didn't smell like D&G Light Blue like others have suggested here. It didn't even smell good at all. It's not citrusy to me, it's more like a laundry detergent. I thought maybe I was crazy because everyone else loved it so much, so I asked my boyfriend what he thought. He said it smelled really bad. I guess maybe it just disagrees with me. It does have good points, though; the lotion itself is a nice texture and moisturizes well, so that's why I gave it 2 lippies instead of one. If for any reason you don't like this, try Body by Victoria lotion at VS. It's a true clean smelling lotion. I get compliments galore on that one. Glad this one worked for so many of you, but it was awful on me.

on 4/14/2012 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

While I prefer the Fresh and Fierce one (zebra print), this one smells good too though a little stronger. It's a nice, clean lotion that gets the job done. I'd only buy again it if it goes on sell.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

While I love this scent - I want the scents I enjoy to remain a favorite for a long time. After about six months, I couldn't stand the smell of this anymore. And it's not that I overused it, because I didn't. I still think it smells incredible though, considering - it's hard to explain what I think it smells like, but to me it's light and fresh, while being very feminine. I'd recommend this to anyone, even with my own personal odd experience with it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in the semi annual sale at Bath and Body Works I got both the lotion and the body splash. This scent is very hard to describe because none of the notes seem to jump out at you and give you a base for description. The bottle claims to have apple and lilly notes but I cant detect either. This scent is sort of a nondescript very gentle clean smell. It reminds slightly of Cotton Blossom from bath and body works but not as powdery. Its not a impressive smell, but what it lacks in originality it makes up in usefulness...I go for this bottle when I want something simple and clean smelling. I cant see this being overtly offensive to many because it is really not very strong or overbearing. I would probably get this again because it is a nice lotion and is not greasy but you could probably find a more interesting scent out there if you want something with character.

on 5/18/2009 9:44:00 PM

I had to smell this based on the reviews - I love citrusy smells. It seemed delicious in the store - I kept smelling my hand the whole time at the mall.
But since I bought it and started using it in larger quantities all over my body the smell is just too strong, with an artificial aftertaste. It does not have the heavenly lightness of Jo Malone fig apricot or Dolce Gabbana Light blue cream

I love this scent. It is a clean scent, a little fruity, and not overwhelmingly strong. I don't get a distinct lily or apple scent, but that is what I like about this product. I didn't care for the spray's scent, but the lotion I like.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was one of the first lotions I ever purchased, in the old packaging back in 2007 or so. A few years ago when I was at work and walked up to the front desk I smelled what I immediately recognized to be this lotion. Sure enough, the receptionist had just used some on her hands. The next time I went to a Victoria's Secret, I checked to see if they still made this fragrance and lo and behold, they do.

I have this in the body lotion, body cream, and body mist. As for this lotion, the packaging is wonderful. I've never had any problems with it and aesthetically it's nice.

The fragrance is described as fresh apple and lily. I smell both of those scents and nothing else... often fragrances are described with one or two notes but then there is something else offputting or extra. That is not the case with this lotion. It is a simple, crisp, and CLEAN smell. Also, on me, the scent lingers all day and I get compliments all the time.

It contains aloe, oat and grapeseed extracts, and vitamins C and E so it's nice to know that not only does this lotion smell like a dream, it is doing something good for your skin. The body lotion, while not as moisturizing as the body cream, is still very moisturizing nonetheless.

Oh yeah and as for the price... the price really isn't bad. Alone I want to say this lotion is $18 or so, but Victoria's Secret very often has deals on their body care like 2/$25 or 3/$30.

I WOULD repurchase again but as of 2014 Victoria's Secret lost their cruelty free status and started testing makeup and body care on animals. So as good as it smells and as well as it preforms, the fact that animals are potentially harmed for these products to be on the shelves is not worth it to me.

Popular Lotions / Creams