Victoria's Secret Drenched in Pink Fresh & Clean Supersoft Body Lotion

Victoria's Secret Drenched in Pink Fresh & Clean Supersoft Body Lotion
Drenched in Pink Fresh & Clean Supersoft Body Lotion

4.4

on 2/15/2015 10:13:00 AM

I am a migraine sufferer, so a fragrance called fresh & clean appealed to me. The name is spot on. I layer it with the body mist, and I smell great all day. It is very subtle, so you won't be gagging anyone as you walk by. It has that just showered vibe. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I hate to be the dissenter, but I'm really not wild about this lotion. I'm glad I used the tester and let it settle into my skin before buying it, because there's no way I'd buy this. In the bottle, it smells pretty nice--very lemony and slightly sweet, with a slight and light perfume undertone. But once I put it on and it warmed up, I didn't like the scent so much. As I was reading through these reviews, someone else pinpointed exactly what it smells like--lemon pez. It's not a decidedly bad smell, just not something I want all over me. As the lotion settled more, the sweetness faded to more of just the perfume scent, which, though I don't like perfumes, in general, was pretty nice. Still, it's not what I was looking for, which was a light, crisp, clean fragrance.

As far as the texture of the lotion, while it's definitely better than a drugstore lotion that has mineral oil as the second ingredient, it's not really all that moisturizing. It left my skin soft enough, but not nearly as hydrated as if I were using something that moisturizes with shea butter or jojoba oil. Still, better than most drugstore lotions. For the record, this lotion is petrolatum-based.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was one of the first lotions I ever purchased, in the old packaging back in 2007 or so. A few years ago when I was at work and walked up to the front desk I smelled what I immediately recognized to be this lotion. Sure enough, the receptionist had just used some on her hands. The next time I went to a Victoria's Secret, I checked to see if they still made this fragrance and lo and behold, they do.

I have this in the body lotion, body cream, and body mist. As for this lotion, the packaging is wonderful. I've never had any problems with it and aesthetically it's nice.

The fragrance is described as fresh apple and lily. I smell both of those scents and nothing else... often fragrances are described with one or two notes but then there is something else offputting or extra. That is not the case with this lotion. It is a simple, crisp, and CLEAN smell. Also, on me, the scent lingers all day and I get compliments all the time.

It contains aloe, oat and grapeseed extracts, and vitamins C and E so it's nice to know that not only does this lotion smell like a dream, it is doing something good for your skin. The body lotion, while not as moisturizing as the body cream, is still very moisturizing nonetheless.

Oh yeah and as for the price... the price really isn't bad. Alone I want to say this lotion is $18 or so, but Victoria's Secret very often has deals on their body care like 2/$25 or 3/$30.

I WOULD repurchase again but as of 2014 Victoria's Secret lost their cruelty free status and started testing makeup and body care on animals. So as good as it smells and as well as it preforms, the fact that animals are potentially harmed for these products to be on the shelves is not worth it to me.

on 4/14/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased this product when it came out originally in 2006/2007. The original "fresh and clean' scent was undeniable the best I had used. You could shower with this product and still have the scent on you 12 hours later. I know this for a fact b/c im a RN and worked 12hr shifts at the time .

However, the product went off the market for a few months and when it returned, the scent was noticeable weaker. Now it isn't as enticing to me as before. I was wondering if anyone else had this same speculation. I would really love to have the original scent back. The scents out there now just isn't the same. So those of you that are new to this product, if you like it now, you would have absolutely loved it, a few years ago.... Sad its gone

on 4/8/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

The first time I tested this lotion at the mall, I couldn't stop sniffing my hands! My first impression was that it has a "cologne" scent which is slightly masculine. This lotion isn't for those who want to smell sweet and fruity, but rather for those who want a bolder, fresher scent to wear. The scent of the lotion seems to linger but isn't too overpowering. I am sensitive to certain scents, but this doesn't irritate me as long as I don't overuse it. I've read that it smells similar to Dolce and Gabbana's Light Blue fragrance, and I do feel that it's similar although it lacks the fruity/citrus notes the Light Blue has. I feel that the Fresh & Clean body spray smells like Light Blue more than the lotion does.
...
Bottom line, if you like fresh, almost-masculine scents such as Light Blue or Abercrombie's signature scent, then this is worth a try!

on 3/30/2010 7:47:00 PM

This may sound crazy, but trust me...

After years of fighting with self tanners that streak, and gradual tanning lotions that smell, I found the perfect way to bronze my fair skin...and it involves this lotion.

I mix one squirt of drugstore self tanner with one squirt of this lotion and the blend becomes a great, non-streaky gradual tanner that smells great!

The great smell of this lotion plus the convenient pump handle make this an HG product for me!

on 8/3/2007 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was in Victoria's Secret once again debating on whether or not to purchase Heavenly. I saw this new line and I remembered reading about it on the QVC beauty forum. The ladies there were raving about how much PINK "Fruity & Bright" smells just like Philosophy's "Falling in Love". I've never smelled "Falling in Love" before, but "Fruity and Bright" smells like blackberry and vanilla, nicely done. However, I purchased PINK "Fresh & Clean" lotion and mist. "Fresh & Clean" is apple and lily scented with the apple scent being very soft. It is rather clean smelling and I like when I encounter a scent that's different from anything else that I have . Like the reviewer before me stated, the bottles are big, and to me somewhat awkward to hold and use at the same time (the body mist) but you really get a lot for your money(Right now, 2 for $20.00). BTW, it's pretty long lasting, too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

While I love this scent - I want the scents I enjoy to remain a favorite for a long time. After about six months, I couldn't stand the smell of this anymore. And it's not that I overused it, because I didn't. I still think it smells incredible though, considering - it's hard to explain what I think it smells like, but to me it's light and fresh, while being very feminine. I'd recommend this to anyone, even with my own personal odd experience with it.

on 9/3/2007 4:53:00 PM

I've been tired of fragrances that are sweet and super-fruity lately. When I saw the 3 new Pink fragrances in the store (sweet & tart, fresh & clean, and fruity & bright), I knew immediately that "Fresh and Clean" was perfect for me, because it is refreshing and lightweight, but "mature" and not overly fruity or sweet. The lotion lasts for a long time and has a good amount of moisture. I have so many lotions already, but I knew I had to purchase this, because I fell in love with it after smelling it! It smells mostly like lilies and fresh cotton, but there is an apple note to it as well. It is a very soft, subtle and pretty scent. The lotion is very soothing, and I find it to be one of my favorite scents ever! Amazing, especially considering my large collection. I'll definitely be purchasing again.

on 7/28/2007 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was in VS to buy more Love Spell when I saw their new line of PINK fragrances and lotions.

3 new scents with matching body lotions in huge pink bottles. I choose Fresh & Clean which is a fresh apple and lily scent.

I am in love with this scent. It smells so absolutely fabulous on me and lasts like you would not believe. It smells fresh and clean of course but also sweet and yummy.

VS body lotions usually do not moisturize me and actually leave me dry but they really improved that. This supersoft body lotion really hydrates.

The bottle is huge with a cool pump. It looks nice in the bathroom. I can see this in college dorms everywhere.

The shape of the bottle makes me think the pump will not be able to get the last bit out but I'll have to wait and see.

I bought this and the body mist for a 2 for $20 deal. Great price because did I mention how huge these bottles are?

Popular Lotions / Creams