ABBA Nourishing Leave-on conditioner

No Image

4.8

botanical infusion of: [water (aqua) (eau), arnica montana flower extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, prunus serotina (wild cherry) bark extract, lavanclula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) flower extract, passiflora incarnata extract, passiflora incarnata fruit extract (passion flower)], cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, glycerin, lupin amino acids (150 mw), hydrolyzed soy protein (1000 mw), hydrolyzed wheat protein (2000 mw), hydrolyzed wheat starch, tocopherol acetate (vitamin e acetate), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, algin, citric acid, limonene, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea, abba aromatherapy fragrance (parfum).

on 11/19/2010 2:45:00 PM

This is a review for Abba's Abba Pure Gentle Conditioner. I understand that this is the new name for what was formerly Nourishing Leave-On Conditioner.

Where do I start? I have literally tried dozens and dozens of drugstore and salon leave-ins for my long, thick, chemically processed, dehydrated hair. I was always short of finding my HG leave-in, other ones were not moisturizing enough, worked for a while then dried out my hair, too greasy, or just generally seemed "meh."

Enter Pure Gentle Conditioner. I tried this on a whim because I was looking for a silicone free leave-in, and having tried everything else out there on the market, thought I might give this a whirl as well. I didn't expect much, but my goodness, I can't believe I've finally found my HG leave-in at last!! This leave-in left my hair with an *incredible* amount of shine and bounce, and beautifully moisturized. After I used this, I actually couldn't believe in how dramatically better this made my hair look, because the effect was something I had only hoped for or imagined to this point, after seeing so many leave-ins fail. Even my DH spontaneously commented on how nice my hair looked. Other leave ins left my hair dull or flat, or seemed to do nothing, this gives my thick hair so much bounce, body, and shine (though I'd never thought I actually wanted my thick hair to have any more body, it looks great with this). I also find I have a lot less tangled hair in the back, which was always inevitable with my long thick hair.
This is definitely HG and a huge winner for me, I am so glad to have found this!!!

on 4/22/2010 6:43:00 PM

Aw i love this stuff. Im so glad to see MUA rates it well. I used this alllll my life, since the first time I ever used leave in conditioner and I have (more had since i straighten my hair so much its lost sone curl) verrrry curly hair, thick and long and my mom always swore by this stuff but when I moved out i started using other products and nothing worked like this. So i just went back to it and im so glad. Problem is they changed bottles and formulas! And the new one isnt the same. My mom still gets hers from swatmeets and random places selling hair products so shes gonna get me a bottle. But this stuff rocks, leaves your hair soft and conditioned, its light and doesnt make build up. It smells good and i guess its pretty much all natural! I didnt know that till reading reviews on it. My little brother has long (down to his shoulders) curly curly hair as well but he doesnt put chemicals or use stylng tools and he uses this stuff and girls love his hair, its so shiny and bouncy.

on 4/10/2008 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a really nice leave in conditioner. I only need a tiny amount and it leaves my hair shiny and soft. I use it as a rinse out conditioner on my dd's hair and it leaves their hair super shiny, soft & bouncy.

I recently have been trying to switch to vegan products . I got this on sale because they are changing the packaging , so I have the one in the old package . It smells nice and controls frizz . I also use it at night and rinse it out in the morning . overall good but not great product , I probably wont buy it again .

I have been using this leave-in product for several years. Whenever I run out and use something else I can tell because my hair becomes difficult to manage. I find a bottle lasts forever and I like the natural ingredients. My friends always rave about my hair and I am happy to share my little secret with them.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I first used this when I bought it in a salon, but I saw it at Marshalls and TJ Maxx last year. It's a good leave-on conditioner, but there have been better ones. This is the first one that I ever used, and it does a good job of keeping my hair moisturized but not greasy. I've recently found other conditioners that do a better job, but I really like the texture of this :)

on 7/28/2007 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Amazing leave-in! This has truly worked to strengthen and nourish my dry, curly, highlighted hair, and it helps with frizz. This is the first time that I've tried a product and felt no need to try anything else! Given my gigantic supply of hair products, that's saying plenty! HG :)

on 2/11/2008 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

best leave-in i have EVER used, and i have used dozens and dozens of different hair products over the years. this is an hg for me, and not a day goes by that i do not use it. my hair is soft, silky and smooth after i out this in, and never greasy or heavy. the smell is light and inoffensive. plus, it's not tested on animals, and it's organic, as well as being amazing. go buy some.