Wet 'n' Wild Megalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum Fairy

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.4

on 6/27/2016 12:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is Mac rebel but just cheaper and not as messy .. Meaning rebel creeps under my lip and I hate that but this one does not. My daughter asked if I was wearing rebel when I had this on because if anyone can spot rebel it is her that was her first Mac lipstick. This is pretty and leaves a stain there is another LE wet n wild that is exact called vintage vibe but they don't make that one no more.

Best. Drugstore. Dupe. EVER.

THE CONS:

1) This doesn't apply very smoothly on its own; it's certainly workable, but the texture isn't going to lightly glide over your lips.

THE PROS:

1) Cheap. So, so cheap. The most affordable lipstick you can buy, almost.
2) Amazing color. This is a very bold purple but one that's bright enough to feel playful, too.
3) Staying power that most luxury brands would kill for!

NOTES:

I have very fair skin with blue/cool undertones. As with all lipsticks I wear except for very casual outdoor activity, I layer this over a lip pencil.

Believe the hype and grab this one the next time you're at Walgreens!

To Read all 62 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This and Ferguson Crest Cabernet color from the Fergie Collection by Wet N Wild are near perfect dupes for the famous MAC Rebel. This shade, Sugar Plum Fairy, is a bit longer lasting and even cheaper than the Fergie one. Sometimes the Fergie one seems a bit darker and a teensy bit more matte, but that could just be the mind playing tricks. But I would repurchase SPF over that one because of the even cheaper price for almost the exact same lipstick and totally same quality. I'd prefer if this lipstick was done in a traditional bullet-shaped nib rather than the slanted tips, as I find, especially with more matte formulas and bolder (darker and/or brighter colors) that shape is more conducive to an even application, especiaally when applied full-on and/or with multiple layers. But I like this and for the price color, pigmentation, lasting power are all great and formula is pretty nice too. Will buy this again and in more colors. May try the legit MAC Rebel sometime just to see for 100% sure how all these colors and finishes stack up against one another, and if the traditional bullet shape really helps the application as much as I think it might. Overall, though, I am VERY happy with and impressed by the quality (especially but limited to its relative cost) of these lipsticks,

on 2/27/2016 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have several of the Wet N Wild MegaLast lip colors and have been impressed with their color payoff. Out of all of them so far, this one was a bit of a disappointment. It's a lovely color and all but I was expecting Sugar Plum Fairy to be that dark wine hue it appears in the tube. Instead, it is much more vibrant and almost fushia-like. I'm not crying over it because these are super inexpensive but I was really looking forward to finding a cheap vampy dark plum lipstick. I have seen AndreasChoice on Youtube mix this with a black lip liner and it looks incredible so I may have to use that trick.

on 12/8/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cheap packaging (to be expected because it's an amazingly affordable item), beautiful color that leaves behind a nice tint, long lasting. It's drying though and it applies darker on drier spots so I would recommend to first apply a balm and exfoliate. Great color though!

on 11/14/2015 10:35:00 AM

My very first Wet n Wild lipstick. Went for this one because of those Mac Rebel raves.

It's a very beautiful and unique color. It's red, purple, berry and plum rolled into one. Looking at the tube, it's kinda intimidating, but wait till you wear it. It's the kind of color you can wear casually, in the office, a nightout, or even a formal occasion! Utter sophistication. And this will also look good in many skintones.

It brightens the face, and I'm quite surprised that it looked better on me almost without eye makeup on. (But you can enhance the look subtly though, maybe with a lash curler, clear mascara and a bit of tearline eyeliner.). This is the shade Kendall Jenner rocked at Dolce & Gabanna Spring 2015.

Texture, well it settles into the liplines, but you can even it by blotting your lips on tissue paper and spreading the color a bit with your fingers. It bleeds though, so make sure to use lipliner so it wouldn't be so bothersome. I use a universal lipliner, works perfectly. It's a semi-matte, but it applies easily, feels comfortable and doesn't feel dry at all. In my case it's not really necessary to apply lipbalm, but you do need to exfoliate your lips.

If you're considering a Mac Rebel, this one is the perfect dupe. And economy-wise too.

Admittedly, I am a red lipstick junkie, but for some weird reason, I found myself really wanting to purchase MAC's Rebel (especially after reading all the positive reviews here). Unfortunately, I was on a tight budget during that time so I did some sleuthing and found out that this is a dupe for that. Well, after getting my hands on this baby, all I can say is that I'm SO glad I didn't splurge on the MAC! This is like, 70% cheaper (the shop I got it from does pad the prices a bit, as there's no official WnW reseller here, but it's still very cheap), the color is incredibly lovely (I wore this at church one time and a lady couldn't stop staring at my lips!), lasts a long time and feels very comfortable on the lips despite the matte formula (I do wear Lucas Papaw ointment underneath, though). I also find it to be a close (if slightly, darker) match to NARS' Funny Face, another one of my fave non-red lipsticks. I rotate my lipsticks a bit so I still have a lot of this left, but if I lost it or it somehow turns bad, I will repurchase in a heartbeat.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I luv my MAC #1 but confessedly I am a big WNW MegaLast Matte lipstick fan.i have all of them except a couple now (+ some backups!).My fave DS lipsticks! 4 bang 4 ur buck these are easily the best lipsticks ur gonna find & these are elevated to cult status by some who even swear these are as good as MAC!for experimenting w colors u can't beat wnw.Almost every wnw MegaLast Matte has a MAC counterpart dupe if u go on websites devoted to dupes.Sugar Plum Fairy (SPF) is a dupe for MAC Rebel.I don't own Rebel but I have no desire to buy it coz wnw SPF sounds very close being a deep raspberry plummy color w a cool tone.im NC in MAC so I don't kno how exactly flattering this is on me.No offense to this gr8 color I just don't like cool tones on myself.I'm still working on ways to make this work.It's so versatile!It can be a stain, done w Vaseline as a glossy look, full-on matte, lightly dabbed on, altering it depending on ur lip liner, etc.This looks good w all of the gr8 burgundies & oranges in the Morphe Jaclyn Hill Favorites e/s palette.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Ok so absolute perfect plum lip for the fall!! But if you're like me you don't really care about seasons too much if you like it you're putting it on! I enjoy mixing this lippie with WnW Vamp It Up & Cherry Bomb, but more so Vamp It Up it gives me that matte plum lip I've been searching for. This is even a good shade to wear by itself. The packaging is great for two dollar lippies so can't expect more than that. I love how it feels on my lips not to drying to me. It's great especially if you adore the matte look which I do. It feels and looks perfectly! Two thumbs up! Ebert & Roper :-)

on 2/13/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Guys, this is an amazing Lipstick! I am so shocked at how much good quality this is for such a low price!
First, let's start off with the packaging. Yes, it's cheap looking. Yes, it's not high quality. But WHO CARES! The product itself is phenomenal! And for less than $5, I'm all about that price!
The colour is called 'Sugar Plum Fairy', and I feel the name suits it so well because every time I wear this, I think of the Nutcracker Ballet and I just love it so much. But anyway, it's a plum kind of colour and it's gorgeous. It's also a matte lipstick, and when it says it's matte, it is matte. It lasts all day and it doesn't leave a stain on your lips! It's truly beautiful! And if you didn't want it to be matte, putting a clear gloss over top will make it shine and it still looks just as gorgeous!
I truly have no negative things to say about this product! Honestly, it's a perfect colour for the holidays or even all winter long!
Great job, Wet'n'Wild! You are officially my new favourite drugstore makeup brand!