Wet 'n' Wild Megalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum Fairy

Wet 'n' Wild Megalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum Fairy
Megalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum FairyMegalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum FairyMegalast lipstick 908 Sugar Plum FairyWnw Sugar Plum Fairy

4.4

on 11/18/2017 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love the price point but really hate the packaging! Lipstick gets smeared all over the inner part of the cap. I also find that Sugar Plum Fairy looks great for the first three hours or so but over time my lips do start to dry out, and the colour starts getting patchy. It does stain my lips too.

on 10/14/2017 2:48:00 AM

Pretty much an exact dupe for MAC Rebel, for so much cheaper. The color is a vibrant pinky plum and lasts all day. When it does fade, it does so evenly, so I'm not left with that all lipliner, zero lipstick look that does not work for me. The texture of the lipstick is quite firm and it tugs slightly when I apply, but once it's on, it's no more drying than an average matte lipstick; I just make sure to wear lipbalm before I go to bed. No fragrance and no taste, either.

I'm not too fussy about the very utilitarian packaging, but the one thing I don't like about this lipstick is that the cap tends to fall off sometimes. For the absolute bargain price, it's such a minor inconvenience and won't stop me from checking out some other colors!

on 7/23/2017 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I am dark-skinned woman (Mary Kay foundation Bronze 8) and find that the Sugar Plum Fairy shade gives my lips a bright, but not too light, pink color. I had been searching for some time for the right "hot pink" shade and this lipstick comes the closest!

As with all other MegaLast lipstick that I have used, this one has solid staying power, a creamy, non-drying consistency and smells fine.

I have been using Megalast lipstick for over two years now and I continue to be a fan.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Such a pretty purple. This one looks a little bit different on different people. On me it's a very vibrant purple. I absolutely love it. The wear is great. This is one of the creamier ones in this line, it is not as matte as the others. Nothing bad to say about this whatsoever. It might not look as good on cool-toned complexions, though, in which case I would recommend Ravin' Raisin from the same line.

on 6/27/2016 12:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is Mac rebel but just cheaper and not as messy .. Meaning rebel creeps under my lip and I hate that but this one does not. My daughter asked if I was wearing rebel when I had this on because if anyone can spot rebel it is her that was her first Mac lipstick. This is pretty and leaves a stain there is another LE wet n wild that is exact called vintage vibe but they don't make that one no more.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Edit: Sadly, I've discovered that the MegaLast formula gives me deep, painful, huge lip cystic acne. It clogs my lip pores somehow or I'm allergic to an ingredient. This is rare, I'm sure, so I'm only docking one lippy. I still recommend you try the formula, but buy one shade and test it WELL for reactions. I bought nearly the whole collection before I made the connection.

Clearly I won't be rebuying. :(

Original Review:

Normally, the MegaLast line is my go-to for lipstick. I saw this shade on a favoured vlogger (Emily Fox) and thought it would likewise look awesome on me (I'm also fair, dark hair etc.). Maybe I have more olive than she does, but this isn't really working out.

The formula also isn't as good as many of my other MegaLast lipsticks. The darker purple pigment settles into lip creases, leaving a bright dark fuchsia on the high planes. As time moves on, the lipstick shifts from being almost too vampy for my liking, to more of a bright, dark fuchsia. It's quite odd.

I bought this from the US (local Walmart here in Canada doesn't stock this shade), and thought it would be a favourite. I was so looking forward to it. A bit of a let down.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This and Ferguson Crest Cabernet color from the Fergie Collection by Wet N Wild are near perfect dupes for the famous MAC Rebel. This shade, Sugar Plum Fairy, is a bit longer lasting and even cheaper than the Fergie one. Sometimes the Fergie one seems a bit darker and a teensy bit more matte, but that could just be the mind playing tricks. But I would repurchase SPF over that one because of the even cheaper price for almost the exact same lipstick and totally same quality. I'd prefer if this lipstick was done in a traditional bullet-shaped nib rather than the slanted tips, as I find, especially with more matte formulas and bolder (darker and/or brighter colors) that shape is more conducive to an even application, especiaally when applied full-on and/or with multiple layers. But I like this and for the price color, pigmentation, lasting power are all great and formula is pretty nice too. Will buy this again and in more colors. May try the legit MAC Rebel sometime just to see for 100% sure how all these colors and finishes stack up against one another, and if the traditional bullet shape really helps the application as much as I think it might. Overall, though, I am VERY happy with and impressed by the quality (especially but limited to its relative cost) of these lipsticks,

on 12/8/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cheap packaging (to be expected because it's an amazingly affordable item), beautiful color that leaves behind a nice tint, long lasting. It's drying though and it applies darker on drier spots so I would recommend to first apply a balm and exfoliate. Great color though!

on 11/14/2015 10:35:00 AM

My very first Wet n Wild lipstick. Went for this one because of those Mac Rebel raves.

It's a very beautiful and unique color. It's red, purple, berry and plum rolled into one. Looking at the tube, it's kinda intimidating, but wait till you wear it. It's the kind of color you can wear casually, in the office, a nightout, or even a formal occasion! Utter sophistication. And this will also look good in many skintones.

It brightens the face, and I'm quite surprised that it looked better on me almost without eye makeup on. (But you can enhance the look subtly though, maybe with a lash curler, clear mascara and a bit of tearline eyeliner.). This is the shade Kendall Jenner rocked at Dolce & Gabanna Spring 2015.

Texture, well it settles into the liplines, but you can even it by blotting your lips on tissue paper and spreading the color a bit with your fingers. It bleeds though, so make sure to use lipliner so it wouldn't be so bothersome. I use a universal lipliner, works perfectly. It's a semi-matte, but it applies easily, feels comfortable and doesn't feel dry at all. In my case it's not really necessary to apply lipbalm, but you do need to exfoliate your lips.

If you're considering a Mac Rebel, this one is the perfect dupe. And economy-wise too.

Best. Drugstore. Dupe. EVER.

THE CONS:

1) This doesn't apply very smoothly on its own; it's certainly workable, but the texture isn't going to lightly glide over your lips.

THE PROS:

1) Cheap. So, so cheap. The most affordable lipstick you can buy, almost.
2) Amazing color. This is a very bold purple but one that's bright enough to feel playful, too.
3) Staying power that most luxury brands would kill for!

NOTES:

I have very fair skin with blue/cool undertones. As with all lipsticks I wear except for very casual outdoor activity, I layer this over a lip pencil.

Believe the hype and grab this one the next time you're at Walgreens!