Chanel Tulipe Noir

Chanel Tulipe Noir
Chanel Tulipe Noire (deeper, more shimmery IRL)

4.1

I bought this color a long time ago, but I never used it as I thought it would be too dark. I gave myself a manicure the other night, and I really love this color. It is vampy in dark lights, but in sunlight its a beautiful metallic garnet color, and it is quite breathtaking on my skin tone. I have very pale skin, dark hair and darkish eyes. My coloring allows for dramatic contrasts with nail colors, and this is a very glamourus shade. I applied two coats, but I think it could cover in one. The consistncy is rather thick and I think the color istself has a higher gloss than the top coat that I applied after two coats. I noticed this when I applied the top coat to one hand, and looked at the other hand. So far, I have had no chips, and I had a day of cleaning and laundry. Chanel polishes usually are really good about not chipping, but each color has different ingredients, so sometimes the consistency and chip resistance is varied (I have found that the more metallic colors are more likely to crease, and the more opaque bold colors are more likely to chip). I love this color and will certainly buy again, but Chanel nail polishes last forever, so I don't think I will ever have to buy it again :)

on 2/28/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Curses! Tricked again by a Chanel varnish with "Noire" in the name. They should have called this one Tulipe Marron, or maybe Tulipe Bronze, instead.

This is a gorgeous color. I love Chanel polishes....I know....cheaper brands are just as good, but there's something about wearing Chanel...anyway.....This color reminds me of Old Hollywood....where the red was more of a carmine with a hint of burgundy. I didn't see, and don't get any shimmer, however some Chanel polishes look like they have shimmer in the bottle, but once on, it disappears unless you look oh so closely in bright sunlight, It's a very elegant color, and it's a refreshing alternative to the blackend or browned down trend, I have Chanel's Rouge Noir and EL's Black Wine..those are truly "blackend":, however this does not rely on black, but gets it's color saturation from the burgundy pigment, I can see this working on almost any skintone, but especially fair...and especially if you don't want anything too trendy and don't like black or navy, but still want old school "chic". Worth tracking down..

I was at a cousin's house when I saw her collection of Chanel nail polishes. I decided to pick one to paint my nails, and I am in LOVE with this color! For so long, I've been trying to find a beautiful shade of red that wasn't too red, had the right amount of shimmer but not look too matted or metallic-y, and was dark enough to be almost burgandy. This is such an excellent color with gold shimmer through it. I find 1 coat gives a nice color. I don't know where I'll be able to buy it except 2nd hand now as it's an older color. one lippie off though because it's not as "chip-resistant" as chanel advertises.
edit: if you don't want to spend a lot of money and you're looking for a verrrry good duplicate, buy OPI's romeo & joliet.

on 12/11/2008 5:32:00 PM

Just bought this one in the limited edition 3 pack at the Chanel store in Las Vegas. I LOVE THIS COLOUR!! I've had terrible nails all my life, the break, I bite them, use them as tools, so I've been trying to invest in good products to take care of them. I bought my first chanel polish ($25 in Canada) about two months ago. My nails have never looked so good and stayed long for this long before. I find all my chanel polishes (I'm not up to 5 + top coat) go on like a dream and look like I've just had a manicure. The polish goes on like glass, it's amazing. With this colour one coat will do you, I added a second about half way through the week to give them a boost. I know $25 is a lot for polish, but if it makes my hands look like this and goes on so professional, I'm sticking with chanel.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Tulipe Noire is a stunning browned-burgundy streaked with super-fine gold shimmer, it creates a glowing effect rather than looking shimmery or metalic. Tulipe Noire is the perfect way to wear vampy colours if you're intimidated by other vampy options such as black or charcoal. It is chic and glamorous, without screaming for attention.
As I have come to realise Chanel's nailpolishes are excellent quality, they apply well and dry to a glossy finish. The staying power is also great, which you would hope for as they are quite expensive when compared with other nailpolish brands. ($38AUD)
I'm very happy with this polish, and Chanel nail polishes in general. I would purchase again, although I doubt I will ever finish a bottle.

on 6/12/2008 11:35:00 AM

I love this colour!, I have very fair skin and some of the dark polishes around are a bit too gothy for me but this is just perfect, it looks amazing on both fingers and toes and when I wear it I always feel elegant. It paints on beautifully with two coats achieving the bottle colour with no streakiness. The gold shimmer is a lovely touch adding depth to this stunning plum/burgundy shade.

on 4/29/2008 12:23:00 PM

I resisted it for a while. I normally don't like buying LE products in case I love them and then won't be able to replace them. It looks stunning in the bottle and even richer on. Most of the gold shimmer visible in the bottle is unfortunately lost on the nail but it gives the colour an amazing shimmering depth. Some reviewers suggested it's a winter colour but I beg to disagree as it looks great with a light tan as well as on pale skin. The formula is thin which makes it dry quickly and very easy to apply. A single coat gives good coverage, but I prefer 2 coats for the depth. So far I've had it on for 4 days and it hasn't chipped at all. Considering I'm not wearing the top coat and have been furiously cooking, typing, openning cans, etc, I think it's an excellent going. The bottle is lush, but I have to say I'm not a big fan of those Chanel double tops. It's pricey but it's one classy product. I love it.

on 3/19/2008 9:19:00 AM

I received Tulipe Noir as one of my hottest Christmas gifts but at first, when I finished the unwrapping, I remember thinking to myself something like this: "No way this polish could equalize the quality of my beloved Rouge Noir, this is just an ugly dupe of it". Well, I was SO wrong. Tulipe Noir is a beautiful and pretty unique color, nothing in common with Rouge Noir. I use this polish very often and I'm pondering to buy another one soon. Too bad it's a limited editon product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This color is so beautiful, especially when the sunlight hits it. I would call it a red-gold. It wears really well too

Popular Polishes