DevaCurl B'Leave-In

B'Leave-In B'Leave-In

3.4

on 10/15/2017 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff did nothing except make my curls straight and frizzy. A big fat no from me.

on 9/20/2017 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This really does nothing for me aside from providing a nice amount of slip and shine. I notice no curl enhancement and my hair doesn't really feel so great after it's dried. Like all other Deva products I have tried, it leaves my hair feeling sort of gross and built up even after only one day of wear. I need strong hold, so I layer this.

It's just eh for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this for giving my curls a boost. It is liquidy in consistency but easy to apply and I think it smells very nice. It doesn't leave any crunch and leaves my hair with shine and texture. It can be used alone or under a gel. I'm glad I took the plunge and tried this

on 8/4/2016 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I didn't realize how much I liked this product until I ran out. At first I was a little confused about the fact that it was a "leave-in" that's not actually a leave-in conditioner. So to be clear: this is a volumizing product that you apply right after conditioning.

Either way, I was enjoying weeks of full, beautiful hair. Then I ran out and suddenly my roots are limp and sad again. So I will be repurchasing because I loved having that much volume without having to fuss with powders that mess with my curl pattern, or sticky hairspray.

Lovely product, I have realy bounce and volume with this product in my 2b/c hair. The scent is lovely aswell only the price I dont like (30 for 400 ml)
so i am searching for a bit cheaper alternative, suggestions are welcome

I have fine thin 3a-b curly hair and live in Kuwait, very hot and humid. I love this product. It really makes my hair big and soft. It is not a conditioner or a gel. You use it under your gel. I use the entire devacurl line and put this on after the conditioner. My hair is in love and so soft.

on 9/1/2013 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really love this product. I hate to see it getting poor reviews due to people misusing it and not understanding what it is. THIS IS NOT A LEAVE IN CONDITIONER. It is not meant to moisturize. It says right on the front "curl boost and volumizer". This is basically a protein packed curl enhancer and volumizer. If you have protein sensitive hair you will hate this. If you're using this as a leave in you'll probably disappointed.

I have fine but dense, porous, wavy hair (I'd say about 2B) and this works wonders. I can use it alone if I just want a bit of curl boost or I can use it with a gel. My favorite way to use it is 3 parts of gel (either Deva Light or Ultra Defining Gel) to 1 part B'Leave In. It leaves me with nice, chunky, soft (once I scrunch out the crunch) waves.

The tube packaging is a bit leaky due to the thin, runny texture. The pump (16.9 oz size) is much better and more user friendly.

If you find this drying out your hair it is likely the protein. Try using a moisturizing leave in underneath (this usually alleviates the issue).

on 6/1/2013 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this! Defines and adds volume to my inconsistent curl pattern. The one thing I would change is the price. It is pretty expensive for what it is.

on 10/1/2013 11:43:00 PM

Really wanted to love this, as most of the reviews raved about it. Unfortunately, the 'crunch' it leaves in my hair is what has turned me off.

I have 2B shoulder length hair, and though this does add a little extra definition to my wave, and seems to stop the frizz - a major bonus as I live in Singapore - I really have issue with the crunch.

This wasn't too expensive as I bought the 500ml pump bottle for $22 SGD off Ebay, and 1 pump is enough for my hair. I rub it through my hands and then scrunch it through wet hair then leave to air dry.

Have been using it for a month now and I add a half pump of Mixed Chicks Silk Treatment. After it dries completely, I run my fingers through my hair and this removes the crunch but still leaves the definition, so all in all not a bad product. Have uploaded picture above.

on 9/14/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

3c biracial transitioning hair

I LOVEE THIS ISH!
It's great! i love the definition i get when i use this, it makes my hair shiny and super soft! its consistency is similar to that of gels, however it doesn't leave your hair crunchy or anything! it has shiploads of protein, my hair lovess protein! so if yours does too, this is the product fo u ;P as a leave-in though, i will admit it alone isn't as moisturizing as it should be! meaning that i use this with moisturizing leave-in (kinky curly knot today) and it helps weigh my hair down just the right amount ( i have some 4a's in the kitchen) . it smells like one condition a little bit ( which smells like papaya seeds) .