MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Paint Pot - Painterly

MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Paint Pot - Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 8/29/2018 11:32:00 AM

I was actually after the stormy pink one, but couldn't find it, so I got painterly instead. While applying, painterly looks very plain, but after it dries out it turns into a gorgeous soft pink color on my lids, if you combine it with groundwork it looks amazing. Consistency is a bit waxy, but I may have a dud. I like the fact it is in a pot, so I can apply it either with a brush or the tip of my fingers.

on 4/16/2018 8:10:00 AM

Bought this as loads of people raved about it as an eye base / eye primer. It definitely works as an eye base! Never used it as an eyeshadow / lid topper so won’t comment on how it works when used in that way. I would recommend this product to someone just starting out. If you have yellow undertones definitely avoid as this is a pinky nude colour. Maybelline also do a dupe its their Tattoo 24 hour paint pot in the shade “ Creme de Rose” its a bit more dry than Painterly. It is expensive but will last a long time! I wouldn’t buy again because i prefer the Urban Decay potion primer & want to try the P Louise eye base

on 4/14/2018 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: 6/10

I like this product, but I wouldn't say it's a staple I can't live without. I actually use it as an under-eye concealer rather than on my eyelids. It's a good concealer but it dries out before I can't finish it. For the price (almost 40AUD) I want to be able to use up the product before it dries out. I would buy this again if I can't find a good liquid concealer to use under my eyes instead.

on 1/17/2018 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I kept hearing about this, but was skeptical. I have used Maybelline Color Tattoos--which I don't recommend, as IME they dry up very quickly--and I love me a good cream eyeshadow, but haven't found any that completely fulfill all of my requirements. I'm also not one to think that a product is good just because of the name/brand, believe in judging each product based on its own merits.

Another reason I was skeptical is that I have very sensitive skin, and tend to be allergic to a lot of products. But I kept hearing that this was the perfect "nude" eye base for pink/cool toned skin (Soft Ochre for warm skin), so I finally got it.

So, this is a neutral/cool matte beige, a little darker than my skintone (NW 15-20). When I use this, I apply over the lid (over a light moisturizer) up into the crease (but not under the brow area). I find, as with most primers and cream shadows, it's best applied by patting on in thin layers. This covers discoloration very well; I've heard of some people using it as a primer over discolored areas or concealer, though I haven't tried that. I usually use a powder base shadow over this (Essence Smooth Caramel) to help with blendability of dark matte colors.

I have a lot of eye primers and cream shadows, and find this a worthy addition to my stash. Note that in addition to being sensitive, my eyes are quite dry, and this doesn't bother them at all.

TL;DR: Great base shadow for cool skintones, doesn't bother sensitive/dry eyes. Apply by patting on thin layers.

on 12/10/2017 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

One of my favorite MAC eye shadow.
Simply put this is an awesome color. I can make dramatic eyes with darker colors in the corner or keep it soft and simple with this all over lid and wedge in crease.

on 12/6/2017 9:53:00 PM

I used to like this before I knew much about primers. It kind of works, but it's not long lasting enough on me. It's good value since the product will last a long time, but what's the point when it doesn't work all that well? As a shadow base, it's great. But I wouldn't recommend it as a primer. I get a fair amount of creasing if I use this as a primer. Instead, I would recommend Urban Decay for an eyeshadow primer. Even on nights when I fall asleep without washing off my makeup (it's not that often, but happens) my eye makeup still looks flawless in the morning thanks to Urban Decay Primer Potion.

on 12/6/2017 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this on cyber Monday as it was 25 percent off on Mac web sight. I love it. It so easy to use. I use it alone or usually use it as the primer. I do use a soft hand when applying as it can get a caked look if applied to heavy. Great item!!

on 11/9/2017 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Expensive? Yes, but it works and will last you forever!

I basically bought this because it is a cult classic. I had never tried an eyeshadow base before, just shadow primers, and they never seemed to keep my shadow from creasing (I have hooded eyes and my lids tend to get pretty oily). Then I tried this and yessssss. When I use it my shadow never creases and when I don't use it I look in the mirror and feel like I should have.

I bought this a year and a half ago and I haven't even used 1/4 of it yet, but would I repurchase? Yes.

on 10/16/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm super oily and this is an absolute must to keep eye shadow at Bay! And it lasts years....you apply with your ring finger, maybe 1-2 dip/swipes in the pot, then rub on your lid. It most definitely works!!!! And you will have it forever....I use everyday and barely make a dent. Great easy color to wear as base. I've heard the color bare study has shimmer in it.... sounds pretty!! This is just a base though....looks better when you add some eyeshadow. I love the Loreal iced latte color.... great everyday color!

on 9/12/2017 8:21:00 PM

I really don't like to hate on a brand or product, but this product was awful on me! I've been trying to find an eyeshadow primer that would work for my lids but everything creased on me. I went into the mac store having complete confidence in this product, but it is not long wearing on me AT ALL. Although initially putting it on is absolutely beautiful! It's a great color, super creamy and covers everything on my lids however, It smudges and creases on me only after an hour! I tried setting it, not setting it, with another primer and alone. I've tried everything to try to make it work and it just makes my eye shadow look worse than if I were to wear no primer!