MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 12/10/2017 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

One of my favorite MAC eye shadow.
Simply put this is an awesome color. I can make dramatic eyes with darker colors in the corner or keep it soft and simple with this all over lid and wedge in crease.

on 12/6/2017 9:53:00 PM

I used to like this before I knew much about primers. It kind of works, but it's not long lasting enough on me. It's good value since the product will last a long time, but what's the point when it doesn't work all that well? As a shadow base, it's great. But I wouldn't recommend it as a primer. I get a fair amount of creasing if I use this as a primer. Instead, I would recommend Urban Decay for an eyeshadow primer. Even on nights when I fall asleep without washing off my makeup (it's not that often, but happens) my eye makeup still looks flawless in the morning thanks to Urban Decay Primer Potion.

on 12/6/2017 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this on cyber Monday as it was 25 percent off on Mac web sight. I love it. It so easy to use. I use it alone or usually use it as the primer. Great item!!

on 11/9/2017 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Expensive? Yes, but it works and will last you forever!

I basically bought this because it is a cult classic. I had never tried an eyeshadow base before, just shadow primers, and they never seemed to keep my shadow from creasing (I have hooded eyes and my lids tend to get pretty oily). Then I tried this and yessssss. When I use it my shadow never creases and when I don't use it I look in the mirror and feel like I should have.

I bought this a year and a half ago and I haven't even used 1/4 of it yet, but would I repurchase? Yes.

on 10/16/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm super oily and this is an absolute must to keep eye shadow at Bay! And it lasts years....you apply with your ring finger, maybe 1-2 dip/swipes in the pot, then rub on your lid. It most definitely works!!!! And you will have it forever....I use everyday and barely make a dent. Great easy color to wear as base. I've heard the color bare study has shimmer in it.... sounds pretty!! This is just a base though....looks better when you add some eyeshadow. I love the Loreal iced latte color.... great everyday color!

on 9/12/2017 8:21:00 PM

I really don't like to hate on a brand or product, but this product was awful on me! I've been trying to find an eyeshadow primer that would work for my lids but everything creased on me. I went into the mac store having complete confidence in this product, but it is not long wearing on me AT ALL. Although initially putting it on is absolutely beautiful! It's a great color, super creamy and covers everything on my lids however, It smudges and creases on me only after an hour! I tried setting it, not setting it, with another primer and alone. I've tried everything to try to make it work and it just makes my eye shadow look worse than if I were to wear no primer!

on 9/11/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The color and the texture of the product makes the results very unflattering... I much prefer use a transparent base and apply a light matte eyeshadow...

on 8/29/2017 5:17:00 PM

Holy grail eyeshadow primer. Can be worn alone as an eye shadow. Covers any redness and veins in my eyes. Helps prolong the eye makeup. If you find soft ochre a bit yellow-ish, go for painterly.

I was nicely surprised with this. I stayed away from Paint Pots for years since the first one I bought about 6 years ago dried out within a month. I've only had this one for two weeks but I'm making sure to seal it tight so hopefully that doesn't happen again! I bought this to use over primer but I actually tried it on it's own and under a few other shadows and was very surprised that it didn't crease ALL day. My skin is oily and usually by the end of the day even with Too Faced Shadow Insurance my shadow has creased a little and I have to blend it all again. But I used this with Haux in the crease and it was still perfect by the end of the day. I like it just on its own, as well, as my eyelids get oily and this prevents that from happening and also brightens up the area. I apply it with my finger but will have to try it soon with the 242.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

So, i bought into the hype and bought this as a primer. That didn't pan out at all. No matter how I applied it my eyeshadow creased by the middle of the day, but it does an amazing job at creating a smooth and even toned canvas for eyeshadow so I played with it a little more and now I don't think I can be without it.
I layer this over one of my maybelline color tattoos (those do work as primers but I hate them on their own) and my eyeshadow applies smoothly and stays in place all day with minimal if any creasing. If you have oily lids like I do and you've tried just about every primer out there to no avail try this trick. You might be surprised.