MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Paint Pot in PainterlyMAC Painterly Paint PotPainterly PPMAC Paint Pot in PainterlyMAC Paint Pot - Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 11/13/2016 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I don't actually use this on my eyes. I use it on my nose. I have super fair skin and get lots of redness on my nose and my foundation is constantly breaking down on my nose, I apply this before foundation and it keeps my foundation in place all day! I'll give it a go as an eye primer eventually, but for now it has an A+ for concealing my rudolf nose!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I was surprised that this has been sitting in my makeup drawer for probably over a year and it's still creamy. Any other pot product like this I've had has dried up so quickly. However, I have deep set eyes and this creases for me pretty easily which is why it's been sitting there un-used. I didn't want to have to use an eyeshadow primer and then this on top of it. But I think I'll start using it again just to conceal some of the veins on my eyelids because it's actually pretty good at that!

To Read all 1034 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Excellent product as a "canvas" for eyeshadow, or even on its own to brighten the eyelids. Until I tried this product under powder shadow, I never truly realized how much upper lid color imperfections detracted from the impact of shadow applied to my deepset eyes. I'm about an NW20 and the tone is perfect used either way.

My only criticism was also mentioned by a previous reviewer: close tightly or this will dry up quick!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a few years now and I don't really have anything bad to say about it! I purchased it after hearing rave reviews on youtube so I decided to give it a try and have not looked back since. I use it as an eye primer/base and it works perfectly whether I set it with a pale shadow on top or not. It prevents my eye make-up from creasing/fading and any eye look I wear lasts all day long with this underneath. I usually set it with a light shadow to make the application of other shadows much easier and to make them pop more.

The second thing I use it for is underneath foundation on and around my nose, it prevents it from rubbing off/fading and it also stops marks from sunglasses which after years of suffering from this problem I no longer have to worry! Trust me, this trick works!

I love the creamy consistency of this stuff, a little goes a long way and its completely opaque - ideal for covering up discoloration or veins on the eyelids. If it wasn't on the pinker side I would use it to cover blemishes, imperfections and redness (my skin tone is more on the yellow side). This pot has lasted me a good few years now and I'm only just now seeing the bottom. Unfortunately being pot form its not very hygienic and if your nails are long you may need to use a brush! The price point is a bit high (£16) but it is MAC!

on 9/21/2016 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product fully lives up to the hype. An excellent eyeshadow which does not creep into lines or crease. Made my eyeliner (Bobbi Brown Gel Liner) last all day, it usually starts fading by lunchtime. Cannot recommend highly enough.

on 9/3/2016 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

First of all, I'd like to say that if you have oily lids and you're considering buying this as a primer, forget it. It doesn't work as a primer at all, and in hot weather I sometimes feel like it does the opposite since it has a thick formula which makes it crease like hell.
However, it is excellent for covering up the veins and creating a smooth surface to apply the eyeshadows on. I apply a primer underneath it (nars' smudge-proof eyeshadow primer) and I absolutely love applying this above to cover up the discolorations on my eyes. So if you're looking for something to cover with, or if you have normal eyelids - this is a great product.

Or, if you already have the pro longwear concealer in NW20, you can skip this paint pot and use that instead. I own both and they are very interchangeable, with the paint pot being higher in coverage due to the thickness of the formula. I apply the paint pot with a mac 242 and I think that it pairs really well together.

on 8/16/2016 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My skin tone is fair to light and my my undertone is neutral leaning slightly yellow. Being that I lean yellow I thought soft ochre would be a better choice, the MUA at MAC swatched Soft Ochre on my lids and it was way too yellow. He then tried Painterly which was a much better match, and quite surprising as my main concern was camouflaging my discolored lids. If you have used NARS RCC in Vanilla, this is a bout shade darker than that . This is ever so slightly pink and will work on neutral, pink, and slightly yellow undertones. This honestly completely conceals this discoloration on my lids. This has a nice creamy consistency and blends easily into the delicate lid area. It's not drying like some eye primers. It's great as an eyeshadow base, and makes eyeshadow last for hours. This is also good for a minimal makeup look.

on 8/4/2016 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ugh, you guys. The hype is real. You really only need a small swirl on your finger and I apply it lash to brow bone, then set it with a skin color powder to help with blending other colors over it. At first, I wasn't impressed because I was putting too much on. I got mine off of Glambot for $14 and it was completely full.

There is so much product, and you need such a small amount, so it will last forever. Also, it is very creamy and warms up to touch with your fingers, so I recommend using your fingers to apply... if yours is hard or dry, it might be old or you might have gotten a dude.

I've tried Urban Decay's primer potion and Too Faced Shadow insurance and hated both of those, for reference.

I have fair skin (it cosmetics cc in fair, MUFE stick foundation 117, Cover FX Custom cover drops N10) and painterly is great for me, maybe half a shade deeper than my actual skin color. I'm really impressed with it. If I ever need to repurchase, I will get Soft Ochre because it's an even lighter color.

on 7/22/2016 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I keep coming back to this as an eye primer. It cover the redness on my lids and seems to make my shadows blend better and last longer. Either way it's a great base.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great to use as eyeshadow primer. My eyeshadow lasts forever with this. My eyelids are darker than the rest of my face but it fixes the problem. The only con is that it may dry if you don't close it tightly.