MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

I was nicely surprised with this. I stayed away from Paint Pots for years since the first one I bought about 6 years ago dried out within a month. I've only had this one for two weeks but I'm making sure to seal it tight so hopefully that doesn't happen again! I bought this to use over primer but I actually tried it on it's own and under a few other shadows and was very surprised that it didn't crease ALL day. My skin is oily and usually by the end of the day even with Too Faced Shadow Insurance my shadow has creased a little and I have to blend it all again. But I used this with Haux in the crease and it was still perfect by the end of the day. I like it just on its own, as well, as my eyelids get oily and this prevents that from happening and also brightens up the area. I apply it with my finger but will have to try it soon with the 242.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

So, i bought into the hype and bought this as a primer. That didn't pan out at all. No matter how I applied it my eyeshadow creased by the middle of the day, but it does an amazing job at creating a smooth and even toned canvas for eyeshadow so I played with it a little more and now I don't think I can be without it.
I layer this over one of my maybelline color tattoos (those do work as primers but I hate them on their own) and my eyeshadow applies smoothly and stays in place all day with minimal if any creasing. If you have oily lids like I do and you've tried just about every primer out there to no avail try this trick. You might be surprised.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've used this for years!! It camouflages unevenness on my eyelids and provides a tacky base for my shadow to adhere to. I never have issues with my eyeshadow lasting.

on 3/30/2017 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

use this as your Sõle eyeshadow primer!or alone for a quicky makeup day.this primes better for shadow than Any marketed eye primer out There.my shadow looks more vivid and stays all day(thats hard to do With my oily lids)and its not drying.i Was going through a $20 primer a month but this little pot lasts 4 months or more as a primer saving me around $14 a month.

on 3/3/2017 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this, i use it a lot and because you only need a thin layer over the eyelid for a fully covered base I still have heaps left after a year and a half! Plus it's still cream and hasn't dried up yet and I'm sure I could revive it with some eye drops or something. It really helps make my eyeshadow stick down and stay.

I don't know how I lived without this! I use my fingers to apply so it applies really easily. Eyeshadow applies evenly and stays all day. Now, I have oily lids so I actually use this on top of another eyeshadow primer: Wet N Wild. Painterly is about $22-23 US but the WnW one is only $4.99. Together they are the perfect pair! Eyeshadow blends seamlessly and I will definitely repurchase.

This product is extremely dry and chunky for me. You have to really dig with your brush to get a decent amount of product on and then when it goes on, it just leaves flakes and chunks behind. You can't even blend the chunks out because it's so dry. I have only had this product for a month and I have stored it properly (upside down, dark cool place, cap screwed on tightly). Even when I first opened it, it had this same poor, dry and crumbly quality. I rushed out to try it based on rave reviews but it's really not worth the money at all. I'm upset that I wasted money on this. I really don't do anything different from the regular person.

This is a very creamy, pigmented product that sets tacky, best used as an eye primer for myself. I have an issue where I get milia (basically whiteheads under the skins surface) on one of my eyes, which leaves me with quite a bit of texture. While it still functions fine with the texture, it does look a little dry, especially when set with a translucent powder. My eye that had no texture looks fine with it. That said, i do need to run some powder shadow over it after for 2 reasons; the tackiness makes it difficult to blend, and the color is a smidge too dark for me(NC15), maybe by a half shade. It lasts all day and I will continue to use it as it does a great job of brightening the eye area by evening out the tone of my lids.

on 11/13/2016 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I don't actually use this on my eyes. I use it on my nose. I have super fair skin and get lots of redness on my nose and my foundation is constantly breaking down on my nose, I apply this before foundation and it keeps my foundation in place all day! I'll give it a go as an eye primer eventually, but for now it has an A+ for concealing my rudolf nose!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I was surprised that this has been sitting in my makeup drawer for probably over a year and it's still creamy. Any other pot product like this I've had has dried up so quickly. However, I have deep set eyes and this creases for me pretty easily which is why it's been sitting there un-used. I didn't want to have to use an eyeshadow primer and then this on top of it. But I think I'll start using it again just to conceal some of the veins on my eyelids because it's actually pretty good at that!