MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 3/30/2017 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

use this as your Sõle eyeshadow primer!or alone for a quicky makeup day.this primes better for shadow than Any marketed eye primer out There.my shadow looks more vivid and stays all day(thats hard to do With my oily lids)and its not drying.i Was going through a $20 primer a month but this little pot lasts 4 months or more as a primer saving me around $14 a month.

on 3/3/2017 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this, i use it a lot and because you only need a thin layer over the eyelid for a fully covered base I still have heaps left after a year and a half! Plus it's still cream and hasn't dried up yet and I'm sure I could revive it with some eye drops or something. It really helps make my eyeshadow stick down and stay.

I don't know how I lived without this! I use my fingers to apply so it applies really easily. Eyeshadow applies evenly and stays all day. Now, I have oily lids so I actually use this on top of another eyeshadow primer: Wet N Wild. Painterly is about $22-23 US but the WnW one is only $4.99. Together they are the perfect pair! Eyeshadow blends seamlessly and I will definitely repurchase.

This product is extremely dry and chunky for me. You have to really dig with your brush to get a decent amount of product on and then when it goes on, it just leaves flakes and chunks behind. You can't even blend the chunks out because it's so dry. I have only had this product for a month and I have stored it properly (upside down, dark cool place, cap screwed on tightly). Even when I first opened it, it had this same poor, dry and crumbly quality. I rushed out to try it based on rave reviews but it's really not worth the money at all. I'm upset that I wasted money on this. I really don't do anything different from the regular person.

This is a very creamy, pigmented product that sets tacky, best used as an eye primer for myself. I have an issue where I get milia (basically whiteheads under the skins surface) on one of my eyes, which leaves me with quite a bit of texture. While it still functions fine with the texture, it does look a little dry, especially when set with a translucent powder. My eye that had no texture looks fine with it. That said, i do need to run some powder shadow over it after for 2 reasons; the tackiness makes it difficult to blend, and the color is a smidge too dark for me(NC15), maybe by a half shade. It lasts all day and I will continue to use it as it does a great job of brightening the eye area by evening out the tone of my lids.

on 11/13/2016 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

I don't actually use this on my eyes. I use it on my nose. I have super fair skin and get lots of redness on my nose and my foundation is constantly breaking down on my nose, I apply this before foundation and it keeps my foundation in place all day! I'll give it a go as an eye primer eventually, but for now it has an A+ for concealing my rudolf nose!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I was surprised that this has been sitting in my makeup drawer for probably over a year and it's still creamy. Any other pot product like this I've had has dried up so quickly. However, I have deep set eyes and this creases for me pretty easily which is why it's been sitting there un-used. I didn't want to have to use an eyeshadow primer and then this on top of it. But I think I'll start using it again just to conceal some of the veins on my eyelids because it's actually pretty good at that!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Excellent product as a "canvas" for eyeshadow, or even on its own to brighten the eyelids. Until I tried this product under powder shadow, I never truly realized how much upper lid color imperfections detracted from the impact of shadow applied to my deepset eyes. I'm about an NW20 and the tone is perfect used either way.

My only criticism was also mentioned by a previous reviewer: close tightly or this will dry up quick!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a few years now and I don't really have anything bad to say about it! I purchased it after hearing rave reviews on youtube so I decided to give it a try and have not looked back since. I use it as an eye primer/base and it works perfectly whether I set it with a pale shadow on top or not. It prevents my eye make-up from creasing/fading and any eye look I wear lasts all day long with this underneath. I usually set it with a light shadow to make the application of other shadows much easier and to make them pop more.

The second thing I use it for is underneath foundation on and around my nose, it prevents it from rubbing off/fading and it also stops marks from sunglasses which after years of suffering from this problem I no longer have to worry! Trust me, this trick works!

I love the creamy consistency of this stuff, a little goes a long way and its completely opaque - ideal for covering up discoloration or veins on the eyelids. If it wasn't on the pinker side I would use it to cover blemishes, imperfections and redness (my skin tone is more on the yellow side). This pot has lasted me a good few years now and I'm only just now seeing the bottom. Unfortunately being pot form its not very hygienic and if your nails are long you may need to use a brush! The price point is a bit high (£16) but it is MAC!

on 9/21/2016 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product fully lives up to the hype. An excellent eyeshadow which does not creep into lines or crease. Made my eyeliner (Bobbi Brown Gel Liner) last all day, it usually starts fading by lunchtime. Cannot recommend highly enough.