MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 7/22/2016 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I keep coming back to this as an eye primer. It cover the redness on my lids and seems to make my shadows blend better and last longer. Either way it's a great base.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is great to use as eyeshadow primer. My eyeshadow lasts forever with this. My eyelids are darker than the rest of my face but it fixes the problem. The only con is that it may dry if you don't close it tightly.

To Read all 1027 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This color or the Bare Study (depends on your skin color) is a pretty nice base for eyeshadow, but you can also use it alone for a nude look. This base makes sure that your eyeshadow stays fix for 8h (no joke) I allways use it if a want to create smokey eyes.

on 6/6/2016 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not impressed... I have oily eyelids and it doesen't work for me, it creases and vanish through the day... It definetly dosen't works like a primer

Best creamy paintpot to hide my veiny eyes.

on 5/20/2016 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shadow is a great primer, base or color to wear alone. I have some discoloration on my lids and this creamy shadow covers everything up perfectly without looking over done. I apply it from the lash line to the brow bone and it brightens the entire area and makes me look fresh and awake. I usually don't wear shadow but when I do, this makes a great base/primer. The powder shadow always looks true and it wears well all day. However, it doesn't take much of Painterly to do the job. If I over apply , it can look rather patchy. And it will cling to dry areas so be sure you gently exfoliate with a washcloth before using it. Other than that, I'm thrilled with this purchase. The color is a muted beige that blends with my light skin tone so it's fine when worn by itself. I usually apply loose powder over it, if I'm not wearing shadow, and I also use a setting mist (Supergoop SPF 50) so everything stays in place really well. I love everything about Painterly. It's the perfect shade to cover my unsightly discoloration and it blends like a dream. It's so easy to apply with my fingers but I do use a beauty blender to blend it out. I've been searching for a primer or some kind of product that would do this and this is the perfect solution. I highly recommend Painterly both as a cover up/shadow and as a primer.

on 5/19/2016 5:38:00 PM

This is kinda pricey for eyeshadow but so worth it .I heard and tried that Maybelline 24 hr tattoo eye shadow is a dupe. NO NO NO!!!!! AWEFUL......TO ME WORTH THE SPLURGE

on 5/19/2016 3:51:00 PM

I am so glad someone shared this product with me. I immediately purchased it over a year ago and still have plenty. The paint pots are $21 now, but considering how long they last, the price is worth it. I spread a light amount from lash line to brow, and not heavily. I love it on its own and as a primer. I have other colors but wear this all the time. I've read that storing it on its lid (which I do) helps to maintain moisture, and to never add anything to it to make it creamy. I've stirred it once and that was all it needed.

I stick with this for already two years and I looove it. I love the quality and the coverage. It can get a little dry but u can simply mist your brush or finger with fix + and it will work so good. My eyeshadow lasts FOREVER with this and I also tried many other eye primers. I think it's the best but I am about to try the soft ochre one. But all in all you should give it a try you won't be disappointed! :)

on 4/27/2016 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this several months ago to use as a primer and am not impressed. I love MAC for its eyeshadows and lipsticks but don't waste your money on this.

I find it to be super dry and literally have to apply before I put my contacts in otherwise my contacts pop out bc I have to rub this in sonhard. Also the staying power is not impressive- I would say maybe lasts half the day before my shadow starts fading/creasing.

I'll stick with the original urban decay primer potion. Easily glides on and my shadow still looks good at the end of the day.

I do love the glass container it comes in though lol.