MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 10/16/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm super oily and this is an absolute must to keep eye shadow at Bay! And it lasts years....you apply with your ring finger, maybe 1-2 dip/swipes in the pot, then rub on your lid. It most definitely works!!!! And you will have it forever....I use everyday and barely make a dent. Great easy color to wear as base. I've heard the color bare study has shimmer in it.... sounds pretty!! This is just a base though....looks better when you add some eyeshadow. I love the Loreal iced latte color.... great everyday color!

on 9/12/2017 8:21:00 PM

I really don't like to hate on a brand or product, but this product was awful on me! I've been trying to find an eyeshadow primer that would work for my lids but everything creased on me. I went into the mac store having complete confidence in this product, but it is not long wearing on me AT ALL. Although initially putting it on is absolutely beautiful! It's a great color, super creamy and covers everything on my lids however, It smudges and creases on me only after an hour! I tried setting it, not setting it, with another primer and alone. I've tried everything to try to make it work and it just makes my eye shadow look worse than if I were to wear no primer!

on 9/11/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The color and the texture of the product makes the results very unflattering... I much prefer use a transparent base and apply a light matte eyeshadow...

I was nicely surprised with this. I stayed away from Paint Pots for years since the first one I bought about 6 years ago dried out within a month. I've only had this one for two weeks but I'm making sure to seal it tight so hopefully that doesn't happen again! I bought this to use over primer but I actually tried it on it's own and under a few other shadows and was very surprised that it didn't crease ALL day. My skin is oily and usually by the end of the day even with Too Faced Shadow Insurance my shadow has creased a little and I have to blend it all again. But I used this with Haux in the crease and it was still perfect by the end of the day. I like it just on its own, as well, as my eyelids get oily and this prevents that from happening and also brightens up the area. I apply it with my finger but will have to try it soon with the 242.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

So, i bought into the hype and bought this as a primer. That didn't pan out at all. No matter how I applied it my eyeshadow creased by the middle of the day, but it does an amazing job at creating a smooth and even toned canvas for eyeshadow so I played with it a little more and now I don't think I can be without it.
I layer this over one of my maybelline color tattoos (those do work as primers but I hate them on their own) and my eyeshadow applies smoothly and stays in place all day with minimal if any creasing. If you have oily lids like I do and you've tried just about every primer out there to no avail try this trick. You might be surprised.

on 8/29/2017 5:17:00 PM

Holy grail eyeshadow primer. Can be worn alone as an eye shadow. Covers any redness and veins in my eyes. Helps prolong the eye makeup. If you find soft ochre a bit yellow-ish, go for painterly.

I don't know how I lived without this! I use my fingers to apply so it applies really easily. Eyeshadow applies evenly and stays all day. Now, I have oily lids so I actually use this on top of another eyeshadow primer: Wet N Wild. Painterly is about $22-23 US but the WnW one is only $4.99. Together they are the perfect pair! Eyeshadow blends seamlessly and I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've used this for years!! It camouflages unevenness on my eyelids and provides a tacky base for my shadow to adhere to. I never have issues with my eyeshadow lasting.

on 3/30/2017 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

use this as your Sõle eyeshadow primer!or alone for a quicky makeup day.this primes better for shadow than Any marketed eye primer out There.my shadow looks more vivid and stays all day(thats hard to do With my oily lids)and its not drying.i Was going through a $20 primer a month but this little pot lasts 4 months or more as a primer saving me around $14 a month.

on 3/3/2017 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this, i use it a lot and because you only need a thin layer over the eyelid for a fully covered base I still have heaps left after a year and a half! Plus it's still cream and hasn't dried up yet and I'm sure I could revive it with some eye drops or something. It really helps make my eyeshadow stick down and stay.