3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I'd say this is a must try for violet lovers. It's different from most that I've smelled & I really like it. No powder & not a lot of sweetness. Lasted about 3 hours on me.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

12 years ago

This new and third iteration of Caron's Violette Precieuse begins as a lovely and softly soapy little violet. All prim and proper with its white gloves and lace hanky. Then it morphs into a powdery colossal mess. How disappointing. It smells like cheap hairspray at this point. Then the drydown begins and if you like Chanel's No 18, then the drydown is worth waiting for. VP has the same intense silver-celery type smell you find in No 18. It's great if you like that sort of thing. I don't. The celery note is expensive celery, by the way. This is high class celery served in an expensive antique silver dish. Joking aside, I find this new version of Violette Precieuse disappointing and much prefer the woodsy-green version that was around a few years ago.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

12 years ago

Thisbe gave us the notes already and I will not duplicate that. First and foremost, I am a violet lover and adore it in all of its incarnations. This is not a lady-like violet. This is coarser, fruitier, greener, and ends with candied vanilla-violet dry mid-note. The drydown reminds me a bit of Mure et Musc. It is a loud, boisterous violet. This is not a shy woodland violet, but what you would imagine a big, showy, double-bloom African-violet to smell like. I know they have no scent; I am talking fantasy here. Like most Carons, this has good sillage. The lasting power is good, not great.

About reviewer (307 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3.0

12 years ago

Violette Pastilles, right down to the sweet sugary paste and the weird powder on the bottom of the tin. Started green, ended muddy. Next.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesBrown

3.0
from

13 years ago

This review is for the reissue of Violette Precieuse EDP that became available in the French Sephora in 2006, not the scent that was released in 1913. I thought starting a new list of reviews would help prevent confusion. The two scents smell very different! <br> This version of Violette Precieuse reminded me at first of The Unicorn Spell. The both have a green, vegetable-y smell on me. After about ten minutes that dries away to reveal a sweet violet (sweet like petals, not candied violet) that becomes more powdery and musky on me with time. There’s some raspberry that pops in and out during the dry down that reminds me a wee bit of Rosine’s Roseberry. It’s airy and soft on me but lasts for about six hours. It’s nice. Not interesting and unique like the discontinued version was (imo). Just nice. <br> I’m tempted to take points off because I’m so annoyed that the old version is no longer available. But I suppose that’s not this scent’s fault. So…hmm…a three. <br> Notes from escentual: violet flowers, violet leaves, iris and orange blossom, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, musk, sandalwood, raspberry and vetiver.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35