MAC Cosmetics Paint Pot in Indianwood

MAC Cosmetics Paint Pot in Indianwood

4.4

on 3/17/2018 6:02:00 PM

I love this paint pot! As a lot o people already said above, it is Mac amber lights in cream shadow formula. It is a beautifull pure gold tone, very subtle, it looks great on the lids of its own, but also looks amazing if you top it with neutral eyeshadows like woodwinked, sumptuous olive, twinks, goldmine and more... I personally like to layer it with the mac personalities palette, mischief minx tones. Women with warm complexions look great wearing indianwood!

on 5/15/2017 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I don't know quite what I was thinking when I ordered this paint pot. It's way too orange on me. I combine it with Groundwork and that tones it down a little. I always layer a powder eyeshadow over my paint pots so I get a nice look that way. I do love my paint pots. I always apply with a finger. They are very creamy and lay down a nice base for different eye looks. I'm sure on a lot of people this color is amazing.
I just don't think this particular color is flattering to my lighter, neutral complexion.

on 4/4/2017 12:03:00 AM

a beautiful golden bronze shade with shimmer, creamy and long lasting, I usually use this itself when I'm lazy

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Indianwood is a GORGEOUS color. I typically wear it on my lid over a matte transition color and it's stunning. I wish they made this in a pan; I know some think it is similar to MAC Amber Lights, but it really isn't.
PAINT POT TIP: Store paint pots upside down and they won't dry out as quickly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great color. However could be a bit more darker brown for me.

on 1/13/2015 9:09:00 PM

After much hemming and hawing, I've decided to put Indianwood up for swap. The texture is typical of other MAC Paint Pots that I've tried -- creamy and smooth, which makes finger application super easy (and when I'm in a rush in the morning, this is invaluable). So three lippies for that.

However, the color really doesn't work on my NC30 skintone. It looks like such a lovely burnished gold in the pot, but applies way too orangey on my lids for it to be flattering. I think in the lighting at the MAC store it looked less so, which is why I bought it, but unfortunately in natural light it shows up like a cream eye shadow version of Amber Lights (which also skews orange on my skintone).

Performance wise, I don't think you can really beat MAC Paint Pots. Price wise, I'm a bit alarmed at how much the cost of these things have risen over the past couple of years, but I also know that they still remain cheaper than the high end offerings at Sephora and elsewhere. I have a few Paint Pots that I love and use regularly (and they are Soft Ochre, Quite Natural and Frozen Violet, all of which work beautifully), but this one isn't for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is definitely one of the best products I own! I was actually talked into buying it by a sales assistant at MAC and while I was hesitant at first I'm so glad I did. The colour looks so natural with my skin tone and goes on really smoothly, however I do wear a primer underneath due to having super oily skin :( but I wear it almost every day and only have a small dent which is awesome! Only downside is the price in Australia, but it's well worth it trust me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is easily in my top 10 MAC products. I use several of the Paint Pot shades and find them better than any other eye base that I've tried.

Indianwood Paint Pot is a warm-toned shimmer-finished brown cream eye shadow that works as a base for power eye shadows. The colour is very pretty as it has a mixture of gold and green shimmer through the warm brown base. I find it to be along the same lines colour-wise as Mac Green Brown pigment, but slightly more gold.

It has incredible staying power and give great vibrancy to whatever you layer over the top. I find the shimmery Paint Pots have slightly less staying power than the creme-finish versions, but they still work really well. I don't use Indianwood all that often but it hasn't dried out and it is a gorgeous colour if you like really warm browns.

on 8/25/2014 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

indianwood is absolutely STUNNING, its a paint pot version of amber lights and woowdinked by MAC, i could've chosen to buy bad to the bronze by maybelline but its so thick and not smooth and it creases!! mac paint pots are the only thing that don't crease on me, most of the time i love wearing this on its own using a sigma e25 and buffing and blending it all over or applying with my fingers over my lids or i love layering gold eyeshadows like half baked, amber lights or wood winked over top of this paint pot to make the eyeshadows pop.

i wish all of mac's paint pots were this pigmented, bought bare study and rubenesque and i don't use them as much because they're not super pigmented at all. Definitely will repurchase once i run out of this! hope they don't discontinue this please!

on 7/23/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So useful for a quick look. All over the lid and in the crease. Because it is duochrome, it creates a crease shadow. Jus add a bit of black eyeshadow on the lash line and you're good to go. I just toss it because it was starting smellin weird and was starting to be difficult to spread on the lid. I want to try other paint pots but will be repurchasing one day!